Chris Kyle (US Sniper) - You see a hero. I see a devil

page: 5
36
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There is nothing noble about war...and hate only breeds hate.
This man was a killing machine for the elite, why would anyone
applaud that?




posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just because a politician says you can kill someone and not go to prison for it does not mean that it's not murder.
If you kill, it's murder. He killed because he was told to. How can that be right ?



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by guanyu
 

Do you understand the repercussions for disobeying orders? You are ruined for your entire life and you don't receive any benefits for your time enlisted prior. If you have a family to support that would be a very difficult decision to make.

I understand that it is hard. But doing the right thing in an evil world is hard.

Nothing will ever change if people go along to get along.

I thought soldiers are the brightest and the bravest? Brave enough to kill but not enough to struggle through some difficult times in prison or poverty?
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit
 


I did not even notice that.... I will flag this thread even though I do not agree with what you are saying. It is good to have a debate without name calling and finger pointing.



I still feel soldiers pay a heavy price in body and mind to fight the wars started by the elite. they are workers doing a job and Chris was a very good worker. This man was ordered to kill the enemy and that is what he did. I would want a guy like that on my team if the other guys wanted me dead.




This is a two way street the men he killed were the enemy and wanted to kill him just as bad. The only problem for them is he was better at killing them first.
War is hell.
edit on 20-2-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Did he go over there on his own? Or was he put there?

That is the difference between doing your job and murdering people. If the guy was out there sniping little kids, then perhaps I could see your point. But he was in a combat zone doing his job. Like it or not, war exists. And like it or not there is always going to be collateral damage. You seem to be saying that no one should like or respect this guy because he was a sniper and killed people. And I don't get that.

Should his kill record be celebrated? Eh... probably not. That isn't for me to say. Being a sniper is a difficult job. And if he racked up that many kills he must have been on many missions. But to say he is a devil.. I just don't get that. I could see if perhaps you were on the receiving end of his missions. But to call him a devil because you don't advocate war or killing? Your coming off as no better than those idiots at Westboro Baptist..

You can certainly disagree with war. Hell, I don't agree with us being over there. But the fact remains that we ARE over there. Our troops are sent there.. and back.. and back.. for who knows how many tours. Then when they rotate home, if they are lucky enough, they have to adjust to civilian life all over again.

Do I see a hero? No.. I see a man who gave his life doing his job. Do I see a devil? Absolutely NOT.

edit on 20-2-2013 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu
 


I don't think anyone ever claimed soldiers being the brightest. I thought about joining the army for a really long time to pay off my tremendous school debt. I'm still considering it....pfft



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu
 


Retarded, your statements is laughable. The new and modern warfare does not exist of men all dressed the same and then lining up and firing. The use mosques and schools to hide their arms, the use women and children to homicide bomb other civilains, the use rape and torture to instill fear.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Please remember, this guy wasn't some simple dolt who did what he was ordered to and nothing more.

This man profited from his actions. He sold books. He was a celebrity.

Does that help clarify the directions my thoughts are taking on this?



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Just because a politician says you can kill someone and not go to prison for it does not mean that it's not murder.
If you kill, it's murder. He killed because he was told to. How can that be right ?


Murder has a specific definition. Try reading it.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Did he go over there on his own? Or was he put there?

That is the difference between doing your job and murdering people. If the guy was out there sniping little kids, then perhaps I could see your point. But he was in a combat zone doing his job. Like it or not, war exists. And like it or not there is always going to be collateral damage. You seem to be saying that no one should like or respect this guy because he was a sniper and killed people. And I don't get that.

Should his kill record be celebrated? Eh... probably not. That isn't for me to say. Being a sniper is a difficult job. And if he racked up that many kills he must have been on many missions. But to say he is a devil.. I just don't get that. I could see if perhaps you were on the receiving end of his missions. But to call him a devil because you don't advocate war or killing? Your coming off as no better than those idiots at Westboro Baptist..

You can certainly disagree with war. Hell, I don't agree with us being over there. But the fact remains that we ARE over there. Our troops are sent there.. and back.. and back.. for who knows how many tours. Then when they rotate home, if they are lucky enough, they have to adjust to civilian life all over again.

Do I see a hero? No.. I see a man who gave his life doing his job. Do I see a devil? Absolutely NOT.

edit on 20-2-2013 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)


At least during the korean war people back home seemed to care about what happened far away.

I guess it's better we have a draft again, then sons from political figures serve and die as well so you get a bigger movement of people protesting and such.

Most people don't like it 1 bit but there it ends. There is zero involvement.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit
 


Your point is that he should have been a recluse? I honestly am interested in reading his book now. Should i feel guilty?



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by guanyu
 


Retarded, your statements is laughable. The new and modern warfare does not exist of men all dressed the same and then lining up and firing. The use mosques and schools to hide their arms, the use women and children to homicide bomb other civilains, the use rape and torture to instill fear.

Right, how could I forget? I should really turn into my Pentagon News Programming more frequently.

How many people live in the Middle East? A billion? We all pray liberalism comes to the Middle East but their social problems are exactly that, their social problems.

How many of their governments were installed by the CIA or are suppliers of our war machine?

What, exactly, started the rise in Islamic fundamentalism?

You are fighting opponents created by the US 30 years ago. How transparent can permanent war get?

But remember, we have never been at war with Oceania. We have always been at war with Eastasia.
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Please remember, this guy wasn't some simple dolt who did what he was ordered to and nothing more.

This man profited from his actions. He sold books. He was a celebrity.

Does that help clarify the directions my thoughts are taking on this?





Let me ask you this have you seen band of brothers? It is about the 101st guys in ww2. If they were paid to be in that series is it wrong?



I say more power to them they were good workers and got the job done and should be able to gain from it. You can debate all day long about war but soldiers are just doing a job. War sucks. And the price they pay is a little higher then most.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok so let's play this card. Would he still be a murderer if he was taking out the elite who are destroying this once great nation and creating the land of the restricted? Or do we dub him a hero then? In all retro spect he would be a homeland terrorist? Instead of 160 (High Threat Foreign targets) it was 160 confirmed elites who were pulling strings?

Rebel Hero Homeland Terrorist~

I agree hate breeds hate and murder is murder. But where is the fine line defining right and wrong? Personal Morals and Values? I'd agree with this, yet we do not live in a perfect world, so saying this is delusional at the fact at most you will get 50% that agree and 50% that do not.

The only thing a sniper needs to feel is recoil, that's his job anything else is just his humanity driping away off his brow's.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Would it be murder if you were being held hostage and Chris Kyle delivered the bullet to the man with a gun to your head? Or is he a hero? Can anyone name anyone that he's killed and state right or wrong? Again, personal beliefs at best. Can anyone say he's killed innocents? (A good deduction would be that the Elites took out innocent targets that did pose a threat) But therein again, only personal beliefs even if they are valid if not here say~

None of us performed his job here, none of us can say if what he did was right or wrong if not from our own Morals and Standards. But I feel most would change there view when someone like Chris actually saves "Your Life" But that's a Rhetorical statement because Snipers are Ghost and would never disclose if they saved you or what they saved you from.

Team America~



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well then, I guess that settles this thread. Thanks OP I had fun in this thread, S&F for you even though I don't agree with your views I enjoyed the chatter~

Team America~



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Please remember, this guy wasn't some simple dolt who did what he was ordered to and nothing more.

This man profited from his actions. He sold books. He was a celebrity.

Does that help clarify the directions my thoughts are taking on this?


Actually he donoted every cent he got for his books........

So no he didnt profit anything off of it...but I guess that fact wont get noticed at all and people will probably just ignore this post......

He also ran a charity to help his brothers in arms who returned home changed........

Its cool tho.........you can bash him all you want and call him wahtever you want........

its easier to try and talk bad about someone , when you dont have anywhere close to the moral fiber to BE LIKE that person in charity and kindness......
edit on 20-2-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask
 


you are 100% correct. I do not have the moral fiber to kill one, let alone 160+ people. If your morality sees no problem with executing people who've done you no wrong, posed no thread to your safety or your family's, than I would have to question your moral fiber sir
edit on 20-2-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask
 


you are 100%. I do not have the moral fiber to kill one, let alone 160+ people.


Again......as stated above......the man served his country honorably........when he returned home he dedicated his life to helping others..........

He was a good man.......and in my opinion those that bash him dont have a leg to stand on .....especially when the majority of them havent helped anywhere CLOSE to as many people as he did......

So its easy to sit there and judge as a keyboard warrior..........you guys make me sick



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow the most lethal Sniper in us history? That's an amazing title for a man to have. He even had a nickname given to him by the "enemy". That's pretty cool to me.





new topics

top topics



 
36
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join