link   
reply to post by sulaw

Spat I don't condone this war =_= typo

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by b14warrior

Drones have everything to do with it. Did you read the title of the thread?

It's about the guy being a devil because he was a sniper. That's just silly, unless Obama is also a Devil because his drone strikes kill innocent children.

I never said that I thought this sniper was a devil. I do disagree with both and think that drone killings are some of the worst, but drones STILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ME THINKING IT'S WRONG TO CELEBRATE WHAT THIS GUY DID!!!!

If drones didn't exist I would still not agree with it!
edit on 20-2-2013 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That makes so much sense demonizing our men in uniform for doing their jobs. They were sent there by politicians. Not to mention he is a navy seal, trained to be the best.

Good thing we can call UK soldiers murderers too.....are you getting your own logic yet................????
edit on 20-2-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Really????

Not worth my time.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Did you read the OP? Did you read the title of this thread? It calls the guy who did his job as a sniper a devil.

So drones and Obama have everything to do with this thread because it shows how hypocritical people are. I looked at the OP's threads and nothing about drones. Just more left wing nonsense about Israel. Maybe you and him are related.

So, if you're going too stoop so low as to call this guy a Devil at least be consistent.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

That makes so much sense demonizing our men in uniform for doing their jobs. They were sent there by politicians. Not to mention he is a navy seal, trained to be the best.

Good thing we can call UK soldiers murderers too.....are you getting your own logic yet................????
edit on 20-2-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

Just because I disagree with what they are doing out there does not mean I am demonising them! I have not agreed with the OP in calling him a devil. I disagree with UK troops being out in Afghanistan as much as I disagree with American troops being out there.

I disagree with celebrating the actions of Chris Kyle, I have not and will not call him a devil. I can support the soldiers as human beings without supporting their actions or the war they are fighting.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

Did you read the OP? Did you read the title of this thread? It calls the guy who did his job as a sniper a devil.

So drones and Obama have everything to do with this thread because it shows how hypocritical people are. I looked at the OP's threads and nothing about drones. Just more left wing nonsense about Israel. Maybe you and him are related.

So, if you're going too stoop so low as to call this guy a Devil at least be consistent.

At no sodding point have I called this guy a devil! Just because I disagree with something or somebody does not mean I have to list everything that is worse than him or the action.

Also you accused me of being left wing for having threads about Israel and Palestine, this does not make me left-wing or mean I don't have a valid opinion.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by guanyu

Really????

Not worth my time.

Cute.

You got something to say, just say it.
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't agree with the wars or glorifying the actions of killing other humans. But attacking this mans character for doing what he was trained to do is wrong. We don't truly know how he felt about his actions during the war. All we know was that he was one of the best snipers the world has ever seen and unfortunately we judge his entire life based on that.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don't agree with the wars or glorifying the actions of killing other humans. But attacking this mans character for doing what he was trained to do is wrong. We don't truly know how he felt about his actions during the war. All we know was that he was one of the best snipers the world has ever seen and unfortunately we judge his entire life based on that.

I still say if soldiers want to escape these wars with dignity, conscientiously object now. If you go to jail, go to jail. Good, decent people with actual values will support you.

Their premise has been found faulty. There is no honorable mission there and this has been known for some time.

We used to criticize people for "just following orders."
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Murderer. You are only a manipulated generalized mercenary if you are a U.S. citizen.

LOL. Not only are you a liar, but you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by guanyu

Really????

Not worth my time.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I want to back up B14 here as he's being bum rushed via thread response. He's not demonizing them, as he does believe in military defending there territory. He doesn't however approve of this war and neither can I as the disclosure of evidence against why we entered is very unbalanced and anyone with common sense can see the the truth behind the smoke and mirrors.

Personal beliefs on how military should use there tools of war (i.e Snipers) is totally a personal belief and should not be attacked over his views as the threaders wouldn't be any better than the corrupt elite who pushed us and our troops into this debacle in the first place.

Sorry B I didn't like you getting side lined like that as i've been talking with you and your not demonizing anyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Your use of language is basically used to push your own point of view. I have never considered an innocent a person holding an AK-47. unjustified war or not.

You make it sound like he was killing grandmas and children for fun, while laughing and saluting uncle Sam.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Sorry... that was meant to be sarcastic

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

unjustified war or not.

Your words not mine.

I have principles.

Your choices are your own.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by NavyDoc

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by b14warrior

Originally posted by 1nf1del
I see your point but you're [sic] skating a gray line here, dontcha think?

Why? Pointing out hypocrisy is one of the best things about ATS.

It does seem sick to me to celebrate a man that is one of the biggest mass killers in recent history.

Would you say the same thing about Vasily Zaytsev
He killed over 400 Nazis as a sniper. WOuld he be a hero or murderer to you guys?
edit on 20-2-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

That's got to be one of the silliest arguments I've seen today at least.
The Russian sniper in question was defending his own home soil from an organised army that was the aggressor in one of the most brutal and bloody periods of said war.
The American sniper in question was an invader in one of the most controversial and longest wars of our modern era.

Not a silly point at all. THe Soviets initially allied with the Nazis and helped start WWII by invading Poland and the Baltics. Let me point out: Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact. Most people do know understand or know of this part of history because it does not fit the leftist "USSR as a victim" narrative on history. Want to talk about atrocities? Let's talk about the Katyn forest then. The Soviets were just at fault for the war and just as brutal as the Nazis. Just because their deal backfired on them does not make them the victim at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Sorry... that was meant to be sarcastic

Fair enough. I apologize right back.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Do you understand the repercussions for disobeying orders? You are ruined for your entire life and you don't receive any benefits for your time enlisted prior. If you have a family to support that would be a very difficult decision to make.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

I have a lot of principles. My first one being not to generalize others to push my own talking points.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join