Chris Kyle (US Sniper) - You see a hero. I see a devil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
I think he was a pretty good shot. I would assume to the Russians, he was a hero, to the Germans, he was a 'Devil', It all depends on which end of the gun your at, I guess, as the target, or not. I don't get the 'mass murder' thing? Is it like a mans inhumanity to man issue? Theological problems? Does it make God cry? Only US Soldiers are 'Mercenary'? Guy was good with a gun, so was the SEAL, so are alot of guys who's names we'll never know. Why is this post even in this forum ?
edit on 20/2/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling

Valid point. He's a devil to those who don't like the US and a hero to those who do--I guess it is all a matter of prospective.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
But if you are ever being attacked and beaten in a violent situation you are the hypocrite that will call out for help from people like him because you are to much of coward and weakling to defend your self properly.

People are only attacked and beaten in violent situations because of people "like him."
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Thats what you think . Even god has soldiers

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by papazen
reply to post by guanyu

Thats what you think . Even god has soldiers

Who?

I kid, but seriously.

link   
I believe history will tell you that he was second best of the best, at very best..............A Russian peasant,..
Vassily Zaitsev out shot him with a second rate rifle in the Stalingrad front....
Be that as it may, i feel that Chris was a product of his upbringing and environment,
(though that is not to say he was normal)
I believe that his experiences and training warped his thinking, and possibly left him a little more seriously scarred than any would admit.
His big lie about sucker punching Jese ventura, is forgotten in the shock of his passing....
Though that may be a personality marker as well......and does cast a little doubt on his veracity in other matters....
Was he just an attention seeking PTSD suffering warped minded goombah?
Or did he really have honourable, and redeeming qualities, which seem to have been overshadowed by his public persona?
I think a bit of both and in differing quantities since his discharge.....
Whether his single minded killing skills are really as well honed as he claimed, is a question.

link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by b14warrior

Originally posted by 1nf1del
I see your point but you're [sic] skating a gray line here, dontcha think?

Why? Pointing out hypocrisy is one of the best things about ATS.

It does seem sick to me to celebrate a man that is one of the biggest mass killers in recent history.

Would you say the same thing about Vasily Zaytsev
He killed over 400 Nazis as a sniper. WOuld he be a hero or murderer to you guys?
edit on 20-2-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

That's got to be one of the silliest arguments I've seen today at least.
The Russian sniper in question was defending his own home soil from an organised army that was the aggressor in one of the most brutal and bloody periods of said war.
The American sniper in question was an invader in one of the most controversial and longest wars of our modern era.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Vasiley zaitsev, and countless others like him were fighting total war in a city under siege, against an enemy hell-bent on their complete annihilation.

Kyle was the perfect end product of a military society, a well honed sociopath sent out on a turkey shoot.

One was a hero, the other a monster....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

He was a United States Navy Seal. He was defending his Nation and the inhabitants therein.

I.E: You and me and the dirt bag politicians that run this country, like I stated before.

Regardless of if you think he is inhuman a devil or whatever for doing his job, he was the best at his job and we train the best to be the best (This is why we rarely loose and you keep your HDTV). Our snipers beat out 95% of other countries snipers.

What your stating to me says, you don't support your Army or Nation that gives you a safe place to sleep at night without the worries of mauraders or vandals (Pending geographical location in the states as we have a lot of ghetto's that are just plain dangerous for anyone to be in) Though I don't condon why these wars are happening. The Snipers we have are here to take out High Threat targets. 160 confirmed kills, I commend him! Give this man some respect for doing his job and keeping what little freedoms we have left as American Citizens alone.

If your not an American then this doesn't apply to you fair and simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I think he was a pretty good shot. I would assume to the Russians, he was a hero, to the Germans, he was a 'Devil', It all depends on which end of the gun your at, I guess, as the target, or not. I don't get the 'mass murder' thing? Is it like a mans inhumanity to man issue? Theological problems? Does it make God cry? Only US Soldiers are 'Mercenary'? Guy was good with a gun, so was the SEAL, so are alot of guys who's names we'll never know. Why is this post even in this forum ?
edit on 20/2/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling

Valid point. He's a devil to those who don't like the US and a hero to those who do--I guess it is all a matter of prospective.

I love America and many Americans. I certainly don't see him as a hero. Just because I love America doesn't mean I have to agree with a phoney (in my opinion) war which results in invaders killing people by the hundreds of thousands.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's funny to see left wing rants complain about this guy. I would rather have a sniper over there rather thand drones.

THIS GUY KILLED HIS TARGETS OBAMA DROPS BOMBS ON DRONES THAT KILL INNOCENT CHILDREN!!

So the left calls this guy a devil but Obama walks on water??

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Meh!!!!

He is a Hero to any American Military GI.
He killed those that sought to harm other Americans and Fellow Service Members.

And yes, he was a Devil. The Devil of Ramadi.

SO, you think those people strapping bombs to their chests, or to children/women/mental handicap are heroes?
After all, they are just killing the foreign invaders, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by RMFX1

He was a United States Navy Seal. He was defending his Nation and the inhabitants therein.

I.E: You and me and the dirt bag politicians that run this country, like I stated before.

Regardless of if you think he is inhuman a devil or whatever for doing his job, he was the best at his job and we train the best to be the best (This is why we rarely loose and you keep your HDTV). Our snipers beat out 95% of other countries snipers.

What your stating to me says, you don't support your Army or Nation that gives you a safe place to sleep at night without the worries of mauraders or vandals (Pending geographical location in the states as we have a lot of ghetto's that are just plain dangerous for anyone to be in) Though I don't condon why these wars are happening. The Snipers we have are here to take out High Threat targets. 160 confirmed kills, I commend him! Give this man some respect for doing his job and keeping what little freedoms we have left as American Citizens alone.

If you're [sic] not an American then this doesn't apply to you fair and simple.

The opinion that he was defending the inhabitants of The United States is really a matter of opinion. Many would say that as an invader in a phoney war he was helping to recruit terrorists. If he was shooting invaders on or near American soil I would say you have a valid point.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
The opinion that he was defending the inhabitants of The United States is really a matter of opinion. Many would say that as an invader in a phoney war he was helping to recruit terrorists. If he was shooting invaders on or near American soil I would say you have a valid point.

Exactly. These wars, to defend "our freedom and security," have only resulted in less freedom and less security. You want to be a good soldier and defend Americans and their freedom? Come home and start a Law Enforcement watchdog group. Defend homeowners from falsified eviction. Etc.

Because Americans are being killed by hostile forces in America quite often... and you really aren't around defending them... you're overseas, killing people.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by TXRabbit

Meh!!!!

He is a Hero to any American Military GI.
He killed those that sought to harm other Americans and Fellow Service Members.

And yes, he was a Devil. The Devil of Ramadi.

SO, you think those people strapping bombs to their chests, or to children/women/mental handicap are heroes?
After all, they are just killing the foreign invaders, right?

Having seen, read of and spoken to many ex- American soldiers that are now against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq I would suggest you don't lump all of them into one opinion box and suggest that they would all see him as a hero. Many would not even agree that he was defending the freedoms of those back in The USA.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

Just a question., is it because he was a military professional or because he is in the American military? I'm trying to see what possible relevant point your trying to get at

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If this guys a devil, then Obama has to be Satan incarnate.

A sniper kills his target, drones kill innocent children.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Originally posted by neoholographic
It's funny to see left wing rants complain about this guy. I would rather have a sniper over there rather thand drones.

THIS GUY KILLED HIS TARGETS OBAMA DROPS BOMBS ON DRONES THAT KILL INNOCENT CHILDREN!!

So the left calls this guy a devil but Obama walks on water??

Please don't call me left-wing just because I don't believe ANYBODY should be killing over there, not drones, nor sniper. Being pro-war does not make you right-wing and being anti certain wars does not make you anti-war.
Just shows your ignorance regarding these two terms.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

That's just a red herring argument as this thread is not about drone warfare. It's about celebrating a killer.

But, both are wromg, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

reply to post by b14warrior

Just a question., is it because he was a military professional or because he is in the American military? I'm trying to see what possible relevant point your trying to get at

Neither. I have no problem with the military (any military) in principle. I take issue with a war that I see as phoney and celebrating a man that killed a huge amount of people in said war.
edit on 20-2-2013 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join