It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ready to strike back against China cyberattacks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can see China right now...

"Hacking? What hacking? By the way, those Dell computers your DOD ordered will be shipped on time, our government factory inspectors tell me..."

Hell the factories that make our government's computers are IN China. They could hard-code some kind of backdoor onto one of the chips and disguise it as something else entirely.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I can see China right now...

"Hacking? What hacking? By the way, those Dell computers your DOD ordered will be shipped on time, our government factory inspectors tell me..."

Hell the factories that make our government's computers are IN China. They could hard-code some kind of backdoor onto one of the chips and disguise it as something else entirely.

It is unlikely that would get past our Asian US Government employed geniuses who would spot it.

The scientific and technology sectors of the States better be worried because Asians are better at this than we are and our best minds are going back to where they came from.

America's secret weapon. The H1B genius visa:

edit on 20-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

I say we Rickroll them. Plant a bunch of fake, juicy targets in "normal" areas that get hacked and infect them with a never ending Rickroll.

Wait, nevermind...they'd probably like it, turn it into some new fad, and find a way to market it.

ETA: Or, we could plant some fake info about "Operation Lemon Party" and see if they think it's some kind of new political faction in Washington.

edit on 20-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
In George Orwell's 1984, they were always and perpetually at war. There was always an enemy to fear. Always an enemy out to get them. Always, always, always. But it was all a scam on the people. Even the "real" attacks.

I really get tired of feeling like I live in a novel that somebody took way too seriously, and decided to use as a playbook.

Why does China need to steal anything? They have more money than they can spend, and in the past, we've handed them just about anything they've wanted. If they're hacking anything, it's probably with the tools we gave them to do it.

S&F BTW.
edit on 2/20/2013 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 20-2-2013 by patriot jim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

yeah right on. your reply sums it up pretty well.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't think people understand yet that there are false networks and dummy computers that the government sets up as bait for hackers, still owned by the government so when an idiot takes the bait and does a leak, it's completely fake but still enough to get in trouble over. What part about "entrapment" don't people understand with the way the government plays its games?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
one of the only reasons china has so much money is because they arent using it on R&D (like the U.S), they're just waiting for us to finish the work and then they come in and steal it at a fraction of the cost. if it wasnt for their corporate espionage they would still be a 3rd world country.

The USA wouldn't of made it to the moon if they didn't steal nazi technology.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hp1229

How many times is the government going to repeat the same bs over and over?

If we look back over the last 4 1/2 years -

US decides hacking computers can be an act of war - 2011
State Department Lawyer - Computer hacking can be act of war - 2012
Apple Computers hacked in breach - China responsible
China hacks into Dept of Commerce
China hacks into Pentagon computers - 2007
Chinese Hackers - No site is safe

Just to point out a few incidents from 4 + years ago up until now.

I wish the government would do more than just repeat the same BS over and over again. Weve identified the problem. The next step is to deal with it.

It looks to me like its war drums beating, setting up the legal frame work and getting the public onside over a number of years.

All of this seems to be propaganda.. Its likely the Chinese government has covert hacking squads.. its also likely that many of the attacks are just from bored chinese teenagers who are filled with nationalist fervor.

Its also incredibly likely that the USA and England have their own covert hacking squads and actively 'hack' Chinese systems.

The idea that war is an acceptable response to an intellectual property violation is absurd.

You guys are being fed lies like WMDs before Iraq. I bet there were similar posts before iraq ..
"ok - they have WMDS.. lets stop playing around and DEAL WITH IT".

Lol people forget to easily that the vast majority of news coverage on international affairs is contrived propaganda.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

You guys are being fed lies like WMDs before Iraq. I bet there were similar posts before iraq ..

Lol people forget to easily that the vast majority of news coverage on international affairs is contrived propaganda.

True upto certain extent. However within the chaos lies the reality of it as well. Do you really think hacking is not occurring from both sides as we type on ATS? Generally the laws and policies are enforced when there is a significant political and economical impact until then, its pushed under the rug like many other issues in DC.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown
The idea that war is an acceptable response to an intellectual property violation is absurd.

Not really... Countries have gone to war over economic situations.

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown

and yet wikileaks released documents confirming there were WMD's in Iraq. I love it when people use wikileaks when its to their advantage while ignoring it when the info doesnt support their agenda.

All sides use propoganda... To assume its just western media or American media is naive.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join