learn more

US ready to strike back against China cyberattacks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Instill fear, create fear....be afraid, very afraid. Enough all ready. It's not working any more, not for a lot of us and the numbers are growing exponentially every day. There is nothing that you can do either. The game is over and you, the dark ones have lost. So admit defeat already and we'll go easy on you, continue and there is no place in the multiverse that you can hide. We will hunt you down. Cosmic justice will be a bitch.
Instill fear in who? Citizens? or the Government?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Setting up spies in china will do little to no good.

The best move that the U.S as a country could make is to stop buying computer chips from chinese companies. china is a communist country which pretty much means that the corporations are STATE owned. For instance, Huawei is a chinese telcom/networking company that was founded by an ex-military officer of the PLA. The US military also happens to buy alot of stuff from them (either knowingly or unknowingly) and im 110% sure that the chinese government preasured Huawei into having backdoors into the hardware/software that they sell to the U.S.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

you cant just "set up" a group within china. these things take YEARS of planning, you would need to have good sources in the country that you could actually trust. during the cold war this was often done by paying off the defectors/agents and bringing them back to the U.S where they could start a new life. this only worked because a majority of the people in the russia lived in poverty and unless you were REALLY high up on the food chain you had to wait in line for bread with all the other peons.
Would also like to add that it wasn't easy to spot a non-russian spy unlike china as they were able to blend very easily into the mainstream population within USSR and vice versa on the russians part.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by MastaShake

well, set up a group within china, preferably tied to the Chinese mafia to carry out hits.

Or set up a politically motivated group to carry out assassinations for you, in return for supplies and intelligence for their "cause" that you supplied anyways....

I am just saying....this has to stop, and if they dont come to you, you need to go to them....

EDIT:
we have plenty of legal and illegal business operating already in China and have been for years. Use them, they owe the US for its blind eye......

edit on 20-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

What on earth are you babbling on about? Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that the USA begins assassinating suspected Chinese spies?

I suggest you seek help.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Easy said then done. Cost and Profits are still the game changers.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

The Mafias in China have much more power than they do elsewhere. The government fully supports them for the most part....there are many "ins".
If thats the case then why would they support the US if the Mobs have full support of the PRC Government?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its pretty much impossible to have an organized crime syndicate in a communist state since they control EVERYTHING. the only reason that the chinese mafia is still around is because the PRC lets them stay around. the heads of these "mafia families" if thats what they're called probably pay huge bribes to government officials to keep them off their back.

Its also worth noting that alot of the profit of these crime groups comes from making knock-off american/western goods which indirectly harms the U.S. if they started to counterfeit chinese goods you could bet that police would raid the suspects pretty much immediately

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I am not suggesting it, I am saying that no one has ever really stopped. I say find a way around the loop hole.

I say instead of not assassinating anyone because the Chinese have found a loop hole of sorts where they use non traditional espionage, relying on their large immigrant population living abroad and so not real "spies" that just ask around until something turns up, GO THERE and kill your enemies.....

They dont come to you yet are in your house. They dont break the door down yet look in your _..

at this point a more aggressive stance would benefit national security, though business may suffer.

In the end they are still VERY interested in using us to grow. What happens when they dont need us and are at their critical mass? Can we then take a more aggressive stance when the economic side to their positioning changes?

NOW is our time to react. Not then from a point of weakness. We cant negotiate from a point of weakness. We can only keep the peace by showing them that we are still capable of being unpredictable and reactive.

They crash a jet into our spy plane, we let them keep it for a long period of time.....we do nothing. They spend many years engaged in cyber attacks, and we do nothing. They do and endless list of crap that the soviets wouldnt get away with, and we do nothing......

WHY? Because of business interests- that undermine our own infrastructure while building their own. So we make a buck....so what? in the long run they will have us by the balls. They can change the value to the dollar at a whim....how is that wealth earned while building them up even a gain if they can control its actual worth?

ACT NOW.

Send a message. They will have to back down and accept that we are capable of a wild card...when your enemy can predict your every move you MUST become unpredictable. There is nothing we have done and are doing to turn things around. We are just slowing down the snow ball.....

We need to flatten the hill.....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What? Hackers from China? Don't be silly... Meanwhile, I finally gave up and ATTEMPT to block the entire country of China from my website. Those Chinese drill on my site night and day non stop. Something really needs to be done about this even for those of us with little sites. And it should begin with the Chinese government. For a country that likes to dictate everything else, there seems to be no control on their hackers. Unless perhaps they actually condone their people hacking US sites.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

How many times is the government going to repeat the same bs over and over?

If we look back over the last 4 1/2 years -

US decides hacking computers can be an act of war - 2011
State Department Lawyer - Computer hacking can be act of war - 2012
Apple Computers hacked in breach - China responsible
China hacks into Dept of Commerce
China hacks into Pentagon computers - 2007
Chinese Hackers - No site is safe

Just to point out a few incidents from 4 + years ago up until now.

I wish the government would do more than just repeat the same BS over and over again. Weve identified the problem. The next step is to deal with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
yep hacking is an act of war

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei pointed the finger at the U.S., arguing that the states are the No. 1 perpetrators of cyber attacks against China. China's Ministry of National Defense and China Military Online websites were hit by 240,000 cyber attacks during the first three months of 2012, the Ministry said.

www.pcmag.com...

sounds like more WMDs etc
edit on 20-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that the U.S has launched its fair share of cyber attacks against china.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
-
edit on 20-2-2013 by MastaShake because: double post

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
What I don't understand is why we don't create some kind of false package for hackers to try and snag. You know, some kind of file that they think will be of value and, upon opening, it creates the equivalent of the paint puff that banks put in money bags when they are robbed.

It's called a honeypot and it's very common strategy in counter hacking / hacking in general. Several American government agencies have them on front end web services.

Honeypots can be delivered lots of different ways beyond waiting on the right hacker to pick it up though. Like this example here which may or may not have resulted in this example.

Given a lot of critical systems shouldn't even be attached to an outside network, convincing the enemy to carry around your malware robot is not a bad way to run.

I suspect America has had aggressive policies in this area for quite some time.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
China cyber attacks is costing this country billions the US admin doesn't have the B's to do what needs to be done, and the best way to get their attention is:

Option 1:

1 Ban all us corps in China ban all trade with them.
2 revoke all US treasuries that amount to over 1 trillion dollars.

Cut them off and don't pay them for their "investments".

Option 2:

Flame,Stuxnet,Duku we have seen how effective those have been, an attack on infrastructure power and finance could cripple this country in a matter of minutes and the destruction will create one hell of a SHTF.

Ultimately nothing will be done.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Precisely. Thats why I feel the statements are very empty and hollow from the State Department.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
because the US never hacks anyone... right...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I dunno man, you can go onto the deep web and hire a hitman for like $20,000. I'm pretty sure that if the US Gov. wanted to take out a few certain hackers, it would be one of their "easier feats".

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We could cripple China in a heartbeat and it may even be the eventual plan to deal with our debt to them.

We could simply create a new country after placing the USA in bankruptcy and tell the Chinese, "of you are owed trillions of dollars eh? Well go get it from the USA, oh... nevermind they dont exist anymore."

Problem solved

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
We could cripple China in a heartbeat and it may even be the eventual plan to deal with our debt to them.

We could simply create a new country after placing the USA in bankruptcy and tell the Chinese, "of you are owed trillions of dollars eh? Well go get it from the USA, oh... nevermind they dont exist anymore."

Problem solved

Perhaps China considers this a possibility and is scared so they are constantly hacking in trying for evidence of our plans. Keeping tabs on their investment kind of stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join