It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Ever Russian Dash Cam Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Every day, as faithful YouTube video watchers know, Russian drivers go to war.

I've seen a lot of great Russian dash cam videos. If it ever comes to pass, the roads of Mad Max's world will be a cake walk for Russians. The video linked below is the best Russian dash cam video I have ever seen. It's a great compilation of the strange, complicated, catastrophic conditions that Russians take for granted on their highways and byways. Enjoy . . . if that's the word.

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 20-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That's some wild stuff there. If a jet flew that close to the highway over here, people would be flipping out.

Same vid from youtube.

edit on 2/20/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thank's for the laugh.

Poor cow's.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Thank you... better than a cup of coffee. Woke me right up. Love that hi speed pass in the beginning. Reminded me of this...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. The cows staggering to their feet after the "cow tipping" is almost worth the whole rest of the video. The low pass is great too. (There are some great low passes out there on YouTube.)

Incidentally, just for some more fun, it's hard to beat Ricardo Patrese driving his wife around the track. Personally, I think it is better without subtitles, only catching the occasional word like "vomito!"

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Those poor cows!

While I dont like the idea of the invasion of privacy, those dash cams
sure have recorded some great footage, as we have seen with the Russian Meteor.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Those poor cows!

While I dont like the idea of the invasion of privacy, those dash cams
sure have recorded some great footage, as we have seen with the Russian Meteor.

Yeah, I agree with "the poor cows" but I am not putting a wink behind my statement. It broke my heart. They were probably due for slaughter, transported like sardines, then they get into a scary accident and nobody cares. Well I do!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OMG the poor cows!!!!

I'll never drive in Russia!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
From first hand experience ... yes, they really DO drive like that over there. In a way, they actually might be better drivers than most Americans. Having to deal with that kind of agression and congestion...let me say those drivers have nerves of steel.

For some reason they all drive little tiny cars very fast, and listen to really bad techno at loud volumes.

I can remember sitting in the back of a "taxi" fearing for my life to pounding techno going *whosh ump dun dun whosh ump dun dun* at like 160 beats per minute...meanwhille missing the side mirrors of other cars by fractions of an inch...at 60 miles per hour!
edit on 20-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

SO that's how Russians go "Cow Tipping"!!...their method is definitely more entertaining.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think this is the full version

edit on 20-2-2013 by maintainright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

The long version is incredible. I can't believe how the Russians "merge" into high speed traffic, at a 90 degree angle, and then swerve wildly from one side of the road to the other, Russian roulette style.

There seems to be a shortage of lug nuts in Russia but no shortage of dyslexic drivers.

Gorgeous ballerinas though.

edit on 20-2-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

I think 'tread' must be outlawed in Russia!

I can't get over the guy getting shoved along who then casually pulls a gun and starts shooting at them!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
it's hard to beat Ricardo Patrese driving his wife around the track.

THAT was hilarious...

She literally looks terror stricken.

Wife: No. Stop

Patrese: (Silence with a grin).

WIFE: No. your doing it on purpose. Riccardo! Oh, God, Oh God. Really, NO, NO, NO! I'm not enjoying myself. Please, I just wanted to see.....(with a higher pitch) This is not a Formula 1 car. This is not a Formula 1 car for this track. Oh, God, Mamma Mia. Why don't you go slower. Please. Why don't you have respect for a mother with children that are waiting for me at home.

PATRESE: (Silence with a grin).

WIFE: No. No. Riccardo. NO, NO, GO SLOWER. YOUR CRAZY. LOOK, LOOK PLEASE. PLEASE RICCARDO GO SLOWER. PLEASE go slower.

PATRESE: (Silence with a grin).

WIFE: Mamma Mia, Riccardo. LET ME OUT. NO. PLEASE, ENOUGH. YOU'RE A PIECE OF ****! GO **** YOURSELF. YOU'RE A ****. (Then a bit of sign language). I told you I didn't want to get in. Please Virgin Mary. Every time I get in a car with you I want to throw up!!

PATRESE: (Silence with a grin)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Not Russian, but the death stare from this guy at the end is hilarious.
He looks like some sort of assassin or something.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

35,972 traffic-related deaths in 2009, according to the World Health Organisation

Who needs guns?

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Vodka and Russian dash board cams... Giving us gold since 2005.

Although, it's amazing some of them drive cars with no wheels better than some of the people drive their Audi's here in my city...

So many gems in this, it's hard to pick which is the best...

Ah, bless the Russians... Where would we be without their contributions to YouTube.

My contribution:

Windex? Not in mother Russia....

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

The guy who got out of his car reminded me of Dad, who went through a period in his life when he would get out of the car at the light and go over to another car and start lecturing some guy on why it wasn't a good idea to cut people off. (Mom would be embarrassed and us kids would be mortified, cowering in the back seat.)

The WW2 generation. (He was a toughy, but eventually the phase passed, thank God.)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Oh man! I wonder if these guys are army veterans. The things people get up to.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Patrese: (Silence with a grin).

Patrese just maintains a kind of Buddha-like tranquility through the whole lap, while his wife goes into hysterics. The contrast between the two of them is hilarious.

He's a lucky guy. She's a real prize.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join