It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qur'an a Code for living a good life

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The opinion of many about Qur'an is that its a book telling muslims to kill the infidels, enforce sharia on all and oppress and subjugate their women.
The reality however is so different that many would not even believe it.
Qur'an is basically a Book of spirituality which also gives a code of conduct to establish a society based on that spirituality.
Its a guide of how to live from birth to death and everything that matters in between.

1)Conception:

(7:189) It is He - Allah -Who created you from a single being, and out of it He made its mate, that he may find comfort in her. And when he covers her, she bears a light burden and goes about with it. Then, when she grows heavy, they pray to their Lord: 'If You bestow upon us a healthy child, we will surely give thanks.'
(7:190) But when He vouchsafes them a healthy child, they attribute to Him partners regarding what Allah had bestowed upon them. Subliminally exalted is Allah above that which they associate with Him.
(7:191) Do they associate (with Allah in His divinity) those who can create nothing; rather, they are themselves created?

2)Developing embryo:

Surah 23: Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed;
(13) Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump(chewed/with teeth marks); then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!(14)

Surah 16: He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (4)

3) Birth:

Surah 22:O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die(young), and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs). (5)
This is so, because Allah is the Reality: it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who has power over all things. (6)

4)Raising the baby:

Surah 2: The mothers shall give suck to their offspring for two whole years, if the father desires to complete the term. But he shall bear the cost of their food and clothing on equitable terms. No soul shall have a burden laid on it greater than it can bear. No mother shall be Treated unfairly on account of her child. Nor father on account of his child, an heir shall be chargeable in the same way. If they both decide on weaning, by mutual consent, and after due consultation, there is no blame on them. If ye decide on a foster-mother for your offspring, there is no blame on you, provided ye pay (the mother) what ye offered, on equitable terms. But fear Allah and know that Allah sees well what ye do. (233)
the verse is about divorce rules but mentions breastfeeding for two years.

Surah 17: Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin. (31)
applies to abortion for sake of family planning.

5) Teaching the kid:

Surah 31:"O my son!" (said Luqman), "If there be (but) the weight of a mustard-seed(of truth) and it were (hidden) in a rock, or (anywhere) in the heavens or on earth, Allah will bring it forth: for Allah understands the finest mysteries, (and) is well- acquainted (with them). (16)
"O my son! establish regular prayer, enjoin what is just, and forbid what is wrong: and bear with patient constancy whatever betide thee; for this is firmness (of purpose) in (the conduct of) affairs. (17)
"And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster,(18)
"And be moderate in thy pace, and lower thy voice; for the harshest of sounds without doubt is the braying of the ass." (19)

Lessons to adults:
6)Treatement towards parents:

“Serve Allah, and join not any partners
with Him; and do good- to parents,
kinsfolk, orphans, those in need,
neighbours who are near, neighbours
who are strangers, the companion by
your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and (those slaves) what your right hands
possess: For Allah loveth not the
arrogant, the vainglorious;-” (Surah Al
Nisa’ 4:36)

“Thy Lord hath decreed that ye
worship none but Him, and that ye be
kind to parents. Whether one or both
of them attain old age in thy life, say
not to them a word of contempt, nor
repel them, but address them in terms of honour. And, out of kindness,
lower to them the wing of humility,
and say: “My Lord! bestow on them
thy Mercy even as they cherished me
in childhood.”" (Surah Al Isra’
17:23-24)

“And We have enjoined on man (to be
good) to his parents: in travail up on
travail did his mother bear him, and in
years twain was his weaning: (hear
the command), “Show gratitude to Me
and to thy parents: to Me is (thy final) Goal.” (Surah Luqman 31:14)

7)Relationship with spouse:

“And among His signs is that He
created mates for you from
yourselves that you may find comfort and repose in them, and He put between you love and compassion; most surely there are signs in this for
a people who reflect.” (30:21)

“You who believe! It is not lawful for
you to inherit women by force. Nor may you treat them harshly so that
you can make off with part of what
you have given them, unless they
commit an act of flagrant
indecency. Live together with them
correctly and courteously. If you dislike them, it may well be that
you dislike something in which
Allah has placed a lot of good.” (4:19)

“Men are the protectors/guardians
and maintainers of women,
because Allah has given the one
more than the other, and because
they support them from their
means. Therefore/so the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to
the husband), and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah
would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear
disloyalty and ill-conduct (nushuz),
admonish them (first), (Next), refuse
to share their beds, (And last)
separate from them; but if they obey you, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High,
great (above you all).” (4:34)

8)stand up for Justice:

Surah 4: O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do. (135)

“O you who believe! Stand out firmly
for Allah as witnesses to fair dealings
and let not the hatred of others to you
make you swerve to wrong and
depart from justice. Be just, that is next
to piety. Fear Allah, indeed Allah is well-acquainted with all that you
do.” (5:8)

9) About economy based on interest:

Those who swallow down usury cannot arise(resurrect) except as one whom Shaitan has prostrated by (his) touch does rise. That is because they say, trading is only like usury; and Allah has allowed trading and forbidden usury. To whomsoever then the admonition has come from his Lord, then he desists, he shall have what has already passed, and his affair is in the hands of Allah; and whoever returns (to it)-- these are the inmates of the fire; they shall abide in it. ‎ (Chapter #2, Verse 275)

surah 4:161 And their taking usury though indeed they were forbidden it and their devouring the property of people falsely, and We have prepared for the unbelievers from among them a painful chastisement.

10)Advice regarding Eating:

Surah 2: O ye people! Eat of what is on earth, Lawful and good; and do not follow the footsteps of the evil one, for he is to you an avowed enemy. (168)

o you who believe! do not forbid (yourselves) the good things which allah has made lawful for you and do not exceed the limits; surely allah does not love those who exceed the limits(5:87)

There are a lot more things but the post has already become lengthy so maybe the rest can be included in my replies on any querries and during discussion.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
To accept what is in the book you must take everything it says, you
cannot take the good and pretend the bad does not exist, just like
the bible, both encourage horrid atrocities in the name of their one
true god and then claim to be peaceful, there is a huge difference
between the majority of its followers being peaceful and it being
a peaceful idea, it is not peaceful anymore then the truth in the bible
is, just the majority of those who follow it are more moral hence more
peaceful than the book they claim.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
To accept what is in the book you must take everything it says, you
cannot take the good and pretend the bad does not exist, just like
the bible, both encourage horrid atrocities in the name of their one
true god and then claim to be peaceful, there is a huge difference
between the majority of its followers being peaceful and it being
a peaceful idea, it is not peaceful anymore then the truth in the bible
is, just the majority of those who follow it are more moral hence more
peaceful than the book they claim.

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, however lets agree with you, then will you agree to follow at least that which you consider good and true in the holy books? Or reject all with an excuse that it also has bad things, that would be a weak, almost lame rationalisation, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

The Qur'an is the same as the Bible in that they are books written to give people of their time rules and regulations to follow , they have both over time been interpreted in ways that suits the people in charge and used as a justification for the actions taken in their name .

It's the 21st century now and people need to define their own moral code and not be tied to a tool of control , no book can tell you how to live the life that is right for you .

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
will you agree to follow at least that which you consider good and true in the holy books? Or reject all with an excuse that it also has bad things, that would be a weak, almost lame rationalisation, right?

I will reject all, not because there is good and bad in them all, but because they are words of man... I will lead my own life and not depend on other men to tell me how to behave, whom to revere or how to live my life.

To me, picking one to live by just because I need something to "follow" is a lame rationalization. We know what we need to know to make it through this life.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

The Qur'an is the same as the Bible in that they are books written to give people of their time rules and regulations to follow , they have both over time been interpreted in ways that suits the people in charge and used as a justification for the actions taken in their name .

It's the 21st century now and people need to define their own moral code and not be tied to a tool of control , no book can tell you how to live the life that is right for you .

are you saying the moral code in the OP doesnt apply to this 21st century?
It is sure a tool of control in a way but interestingly it seems that way only to the 'uncontrolled'
need for unlimited freedom also demands that the individual lives alone because being in a society needs letting go of some freedom as it conflicts with common interests of the society. Even if you make your own code, you'l reach the same code but if its not perfect for the society then the society will start to decay and fall apart. So will you make a code that pleases you but slowly sabbotage the society that you live in?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
hm.

Uh..

OK, it took me a few moments to get over reading that to formulate a response, and my initial one I cannot post here. So I will go with my backup response.

I have to agree with BH. It's written by man, in fact a man that was killed in exactly the way he claimed Allah would have killed him if he was a false prophet. So in the end it's really a self fulfilling story of a madman. Just as the Bible is a cobbled together bits of ancient Judaism and Pagan lore.

People forget that in the end, Both Islam and Christianity are just offshoots of ancient Judaism. And a lot of that, is recycled from even older Egyptian and Sumerian lore..

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

will you agree to follow at least that which you consider good and true in the holy books? Or reject all with an excuse that it also has bad things, that would be a weak, almost lame rationalisation, right?

I will reject all, not because there is good and bad in them all, but because they are words of man... I will lead my own life and not depend on other men to tell me how to behave, whom to revere or how to live my life.

To me, picking one to live by just because I need something to "follow" is a lame rationalization. We know what we need to know to make it through this life.

what you know was discovered by men too, you are dependent on men to tell you whatever you know and have to trust that they knew it right.
For you to make it through life in a good way, you should know human psychology, economics (every field that would interact with you) in detail so that you make knowledgeable choices, without this it would be like throwing darts in the dark, it would sure hurt someone!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
hm.

Uh..

OK, it took me a few moments to get over reading that to formulate a response, and my initial one I cannot post here. So I will go with my backup response.

I have to agree with BH. It's written by man, in fact a man that was killed in exactly the way he claimed Allah would have killed him if he was a false prophet. So in the end it's really a self fulfilling story of a madman. Just as the Bible is a cobbled together bits of ancient Judaism and Pagan lore.

People forget that in the end, Both Islam and Christianity are just offshoots of ancient Judaism. And a lot of that, is recycled from even older Egyptian and Sumerian lore..

isnt it interesting for someone who doesnt really care about religion to go to anti-religious websites and believe 'words of men' against what they presume as 'words of men' and then say its wrong to believe blindly in words of men!!!?
The alternative is to seek the truth and research, take whats right, stand for justice/truth even against oneself and be good just like its said in the OP. no?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I have to agree with BH. It's written by man, in fact a man that was killed in exactly the way he claimed Allah would have killed him if he was a false prophet. So in the end it's really a self fulfilling story of a madman.

Hi there, I am interested in what you said there. I have done a little searching looking for more details about what you said but only found that he said if he was a false prophet Allah would cut his life vein and that he died of a fever so can you point me in the right direction to find out a little more about what you said, i.e your source?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by vkey08

I have to agree with BH. It's written by man, in fact a man that was killed in exactly the way he claimed Allah would have killed him if he was a false prophet. So in the end it's really a self fulfilling story of a madman.

Hi there, I am interested in what you said there. I have done a little searching looking for more details about what you said but only found that he said if he was a false prophet Allah would cut his life vein and that he died of a fever so can you point me in the right direction to find out a little more about what you said, i.e your source?

Thanks.

Was actually a practicing Muslim in my office that was relaying that one to me, she was converting away because she had read the commentaries by Muqatil ibn Sulayman ibn Bashir al Balkhi, which is the first Tafsir, and concluded thusly that he was a false prophet. (Mohammed was poisoned by Aisha and he complained that it felt like his life vein had been cut, as simple a translation as I can make, seeing as I know very little about Islam, being a practicing Shinto it all is a bit odd)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by vkey08

Thanks.

Was actually a practicing Muslim in my office that was relaying that one to me, she was converting away because she had read the commentaries by Muqatil ibn Sulayman ibn Bashir al Balkhi, which is the first Tafsir, and concluded thusly that he was a false prophet. (Mohammed was poisoned by Aisha and he complained that it felt like his life vein had been cut, as simple a translation as I can make, seeing as I know very little about Islam, being a practicing Shinto it all is a bit odd)

I can't find any reliable source saying he was poisoned. Everywhere I look it just says High-fever.
edit on 20-2-2013 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So will you make a code that pleases you but slowly sabbotage the society that you live in?

As I see it its the people that claim to follow these books that are sabotaging the society that we live in , both west and east follow their books religiously (pun intended) yet their actions mostly run counter to the teachings of their chosen codes , corruption , abuse and war abound .

My code will not sabotage society as my code is based in society , a code that millions of people that bother to stand up and protest the actions of those in charge also believe in ....Peace and freedom .

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

It's in the commentaries, there are quite a few of them written, the Tafsir according to this woman, is a set of commentaries written to clarify and expand upon the words of the Prophet Mohammed, most of them can be found online. One translation of a Tafsir comes out in English as:

From Bukhari's Hadith 3.786: Narrated Anas bin Malik: A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle.

and

From Ibn Sa'd page 250: Verily a woman of the Jews of Khaibar presented poisoned (meat of) goat to the apostle of Allah. The he recognized that it was poisoned, so he sent for her and asked her, "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I thought if you are a prophet, Allah will inform you, and if you are a pretender, I shall relieve people of you. When the apostle of Allah felt sick, he got himself "cupped".

and the end of another Ibn Sa'd

The apostle of Allah lived after this three years till in consequence of his pain he passed away. During his illness he used to say, "I did not cease to find the effect of the (poisoned) morsel, I took at Khaibar and I suffered several times (from its effect) but now I feel the hour has come of the cutting of my jugular vein.

edit on 20-2-2013 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

what you know was discovered by men too,

Something discovered by scientific process is different than stories and commandments I am told to follow without question. Scientific knowledge has been tested and shown to be true. Still, I am free to use my rational mind to decide whether or not to believe it and there will be no "malevolent entity" to punish me if I don't. There are people who believe the world if flat, in the face of scientific knowledge otherwise.

And most of what I know about life, I have discovered for myself, by experience and observation.

you are dependent on men to tell you whatever you know and have to trust that they knew it right.

Nope. I am not. In fact, I would be just fine without a public education of any kind.

For you to make it through life in a good way, you should know human psychology, economics (every field that would interact with you) in detail

I have not been educated in human psychology or economics outside of what I have learned from experience and observation. And I'm doing great.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

(Mohammed was poisoned by Aisha and he complained that it felt like his life vein had been cut, as simple a translation as I can make, seeing as I know very little about Islam, being a practicing Shinto it all is a bit odd)

i'l just tell you to either get educated about islam or at least stop spreading misinformation, even ATSers who dont know much will tell you that what you said above is so wrong that its just ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So will you make a code that pleases you but slowly sabbotage the society that you live in?

As I see it its the people that claim to follow these books that are sabotaging the society that we live in , both west and east follow their books religiously (pun intended) yet their actions mostly run counter to the teachings of their chosen codes , corruption , abuse and war abound .

My code will not sabotage society as my code is based in society , a code that millions of people that bother to stand up and protest the actions of those in charge also believe in ....Peace and freedom .

do you really think that majority follow their Holy books? Or they also make their own code and make ego as their religion. The OP is equally harsh to self proclaimed religious and righteous people. Qur'an actually criticizes them more strongly than atheists as at least atheists are honest while these theists are hypocrites.
About the code, did you find anything in OP thats against your code?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

(Mohammed was poisoned by Aisha and he complained that it felt like his life vein had been cut, as simple a translation as I can make, seeing as I know very little about Islam, being a practicing Shinto it all is a bit odd)

i'l just tell you to either get educated about islam or at least stop spreading misinformation, even ATSers who dont know much will tell you that what you said above is so wrong that its just ridiculous.

Just using the commentaries written by the correct sources in reference to:

Surat Al-Ĥāqqah (The Reality) 69:44-69:46 سورة الحاقة

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

do you really think that majority follow their Holy books? Or they also make their own code and make ego as their religion. The OP is equally harsh to self proclaimed religious and righteous people. Qur'an actually criticizes them more strongly than atheists as at least atheists are honest while these theists are hypocrites.

Yes there's something in your OP that is violently against my code:

“Men are the protectors/guardians and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore/so the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to the husband), and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct (nushuz)

1) I need no MAN to protect and guard me, and 2) I will not be obedient to any MAN just because some dude 2000 years ago said so..

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

By freedom I mean freedom of mind and spirit , religion requires that you give your mind to it .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join