It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traffic noises and sounds on the radio - Just stop it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How often does this happen to you, you're driving in rush hour traffic, hear a horn, look around, then realize it's just the intro to their traffic report.

Or, you hear what sounds like an engine noise and panic, only to find out it's a commercial for a mechanic shop.

Worse, you hear a crash, and again...just the intro to traffic. A siren? Nope...just a commercial for an alarm company.

Can we PLEASE get some kind of legislation to BAN using these sounds in radio broadcasts? I can only imagine how many accidents these have caused, but even if only frazzled nerves. The drive is bad enough...I don't need this crap too.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Maybe you should turn off the radio if it's distracting you that much.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I have an hour drive each way...would prefer not to be bored out of my skull.
Audio books seem like the only real solution. But, the traffic news is important, in case I need an alternate route..I just don't need the damn fake traffic sounds with the info.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Satellite radio? lol We have that in mine and it's pretty good. No commercials and stuff.

And, yeah. That is annoying to be psyched out like that. lol

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more with you. It scares the sh*t out of me when I'm leaving a bar and I hear the sirens and think oh SH*T. i do that duck down kind of move and peek up to the rear view... then I think.. FAIL

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
LOL Gazrok, I have been there, not only with the traffic report but songs that have started out with sirens or gunfire. Like you it startled me and caused me to think I was caught in the middle of traffic drama of some sort. I'm amazed I have never had an accident from looking around to see what the hell was going on. It's annoying as hell and I couldn't agree with you more.
But I have to say it, it's sort of funny if you think about it. It's a "gotcha' for damn sure

edit on 20-2-2013 by 2manyholes because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Gaz... if its not the radio.. its smartass kids. Im driving over into Missouri. Im in Illinois and had a hour and a half drive to go to this place I made an appointment to buy an antique medical device for a collection I have. Im worried about being late. I hear sirens while Im happily speeding along and scared the hell out of me. It was my **19** yr old home for the weekend rom school.. not the little one, not the middle one, but the one that SUPPOSED to be an adult... using an app on her phone to give me a heart attack.
I think they want me to kick the bucket so they can sell all my cool junk...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That's when you do a "quick stop" to bang some sense into them....

new topics

top topics

join