It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Computer and the Virus that He Wrote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Let's say God builds you a computer, puts your consciousness inside the computer, then tells you to freely use it. This is no ordinary computer. It has the best processor and is directly connected to the entire universe and its mainframe. All knowledge is at your fingertips. He also creates a virus that will destroy the system, but withholds that information from you.

God then tells you to learn all about how it works, only DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON. If you press the specified button, the computer will break. At the same time as he gives you the computer, he places you next to the virus he created and allows it to trick you into accessing your system. The virus is vastly more intelligent than you (the new and untrained user of this unlimited processor). With a simple command and instruction, the virus gains access to your computer and instantly corrupts its functions. Not only is the computer corrupted, but it is banished from access to a direct connection to the mainframe as long as you pay attention to the virus in any way. Further, it is placed in an environment that continuously corrupts the circuits until the stop functioning. The virus is given control of the environment you are place in as your ruler.

The one thing the user still has is 24 hour free tech support. The user can call the designer any time for help. Further, a user manual is given, but is locked in a cryptic code that must be unscrambled. The better the computer works, the better the manual is understood. This depends on the way the user uses his machine. The access the virus has to the machine is dependent on rules that are learned by the user as he uses his computer.

Once functioning has stopped completely and the computer dies, it is then rebuilt partially so it will work again, only this time, all the previous learning of the user on the last system is forgotten. Despite this, any upgrades or downgrades the user made in a previous version are carried forward. A partial set of instructions are then given and the computer fails again due to user errors. This process continues until one of two things happens: 1) The user figures out how to rebuild the computer himself and removes the virus. 2) The computer is thrown in the dump and burned for good.

After 4000 years of trying to fix the computer with little success, the master builder and programmer comes along and announces that a patch for the virus has been available since the beginning, but is just now being made accessible to you the user through a master technician. The catch is, the patch will not fix the computer for another 2000 years. He then shows you the patch, but withholds it for another 2000 years as you continue to overcome the virus.. At this time, he will break your computer to a degree you have never experienced before. At the point it looks like the computer will never function again, he then gives you 1000 years to use a fresh new version that works perfectly. The virus is removed and placed in isolation for that period of time while you experience all the functions you never new you had. Not only is the virus removed, but the creator of the computer shows you all the functions and how to use them.

When the 1000 years are finished, the virus is once again released to invade the system. This time, your past experience shows you how to guard your system for good. The virus will never go away, but your computer remains safe for eternity. The button you are not supposed to press remains forever.

Why does God go to the trouble?

If Bill Gates had not produced windows Vista and all the versions that came before it, how would we ever learn to fix our own computer? How would we ever have learned to build our own? How would we ever have learned to keep our own system running with perfection? If not for Bill Gates, would we have developed Linux?

The process God followed allows us to not only use the machine, but repair it when damaged. Why do computers work better today than they did 20 years ago? When the users are involved in fixing error, the overall product evolves. Apart from the pain of programming and working around error, the final product could never be what it is today.

Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

Isaiah 55

6 Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God is a good Father. I look forward to my upgrade.

Ephesians 1:7 (The Virus Patch)

7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he[d] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

We had the the patch all along. It's our choice to use it.

edit on 20-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sums up reincarnation and the Human condition for me.

Star and Flag i like the way you see things!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sounds kind of like a movie I just watched called Cafe.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Nice analogy there. I like! SnF.

Now, to go and get some anti virus protection. I know this little place in Heartfordshire where you can get it for FREE!

edit on 20-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am told that God's love is greater than a parent's love for their children. I know how much I love my dogs. I can only imagine how much parents love their children.

Now, how can that be? Can you imagine a parent setting up a child with everything he needed and then ALSO creating a situation whereby that child could destroy himself by the push of a button?

Would a loving parent place his child in a wonderful place, only to "trick" him, by giving his access to a burning stove and not telling him about it? Are we to believe that a "loving God" would set up his children for failure, pain, heartbreak and destruction?

Only an evil parent with sick intentions would do that.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I wonder.... will we get a reset or reboot before a good upgrade takes place?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think that only a parent that hates his child would not allow them to fall down a single time while learning to walk. Or would never allow them to talk to anyone or go outside for fear of harm or abduction. Should God have just placed each one of His children in an insulated, isolated, Styrofoam- filled environment where all of our needs are instantly provided by just thinking them into existence?

We need the risk of hazard to be present in order for us to grow and evolve. Otherwise we could have simply been perfect God-praising robots in a perfect environment with no free will or enjoyment in our very existence.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think that only a parent that hates his child would not allow them to fall down a single time while learning to walk. Or would never allow them to talk to anyone or go outside for fear of harm or abduction. Should God have just placed each one of His children in an insulated, isolated, Styrofoam- filled environment where all of our needs are instantly provided by just thinking them into existence?

We need the risk of hazard to be present in order for us to grow and evolve. Otherwise we could have simply been perfect God-praising robots in a perfect environment with no free will or enjoyment in our very existence.

Its one thing to let your children learn from experience but quite another to deliberately plant a deadly device right next to them. Seriously.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

In a Tron like sequel to your computer virus, I punch through the fabric of reality, grab God by his sick, twisted little throat and squeeze it till he expires. God is the ultimate asshole, all-knowing, all-seeing, yet...invisible and indifferent. I say screw him.

No offense meant to your religion, deities, beliefs or ideals but God got some answering to do, don't ya think?

Suffer the little children to come unto me....

Uh-huh...I'm suffering...suffering succotash!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I think that only a parent that hates his child would not allow them to fall down a single time while learning to walk.

But would they give him the ability and desire to walk, and then place obstacles in his path without telling him about it?

I don't care what other people believe, and I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me, but don't expect me to love and be drawn to the God that would do such a thing to his children...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

I concur!

Personal Disclosure: Dear God ... you are fired for of none of the following reasons

• you build crap computers

• with a poorly placed kill switch.

• and you infect them with stupid viruses

• plus you bully your customers.

However you are fired for the flowing complete and utter fail ...

• Because you are a God damned LIAR!
    :shk:

Now since you lie and can not be trusted to be forthright and or forthcoming I will not install the crappy christsaves.me patch and instead will just start worshipping being idle [idol] and lets see what my Idol hands can do to this hardware of yours ... becuase I hear it is a devils playground!

• posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think that only a parent that hates his child would not allow them to fall down a single time while learning to walk.

But would they give him the ability and desire to walk, and then place obstacles in his path without telling him about it?

I don't care what other people believe, and I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me, but don't expect me to love and be drawn to the God that would do such a thing to his children...

If you believe the garden story, then you can see that they were told of the ONE rule (obstacle) upfront. I am not trying to evangelize here but am only trying to point out that in the absence of harm, the only other option would be billions of preprogrammed automatons, eternally stuck in a state of mindless worship. What kind of existence would that be?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
    link   

How malicious! Why would you put someone's consciousness in a computer that you knew had a virus which was very manipulative and intelligent when you KNOW the consciousness isn't as smart?

Ok, let's rephrase what you said in a more fair way, and I will still show how it doesn't seem benevolent...

Let's say, the computers are the consciousness and the virus came LATER infecting the good-working computers already there, and then that's why God isolated some of the good-working computers (Heaven) from the bad (Earth/Hell).

No matter how you phrase it, punishing someone for all eternity is pretty harsh ESPECIALLY if you supposedly have infinite intelligence, you should be able to find a solution to either make the virus disappear OR to make a PATCH (virus-protection) that is actually COMPATIBLE with the computers (Human Nature), instead of something that seems so unnatural and controlling (a patch NOT compatible with human nature - for most)

Here is an even bigger problem to think about....

If Satan is ONE virus, what happens when an even greater and larger one comes about? Eventually, just like the first virus came, so can another, and another, until it is powerful enough to mess up the entire system...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:49 AM
    link   

If you believe the garden story,

I don't "believe" any of the stories of the bible. It's a story book. I don't "believe" it any more than I believe "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens actually happened. But that book has good lessons, too. I think there's historical evidence of Jesus, but I don't think he was any more special than many other great leaders and teachers.

I am not trying to evangelize here but am only trying to point out that in the absence of harm, the only other option would be billions of preprogrammed automatons, eternally stuck in a state of mindless worship. What kind of existence would that be?

I'm not suggesting that life is absent of harm. I don't believe that we are pre-programmed automatons, either. We are one species of animal, each one an individual with free will. We have minds, personalities, desires and dreams. Life is wonderful and terrible, beautiful and dangerous, it feels fantastic and it hurts like hell. There is love and there is fear... And we find our way through it. I don't need to know any more than that and I don't know any more than that. And I'm fine with that.
    edit on 2/20/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
    link   
    Your god has a very dark sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
    link   

I am told that God's love is greater than a parent's love for their children. I know how much I love my dogs. I can only imagine how much parents love their children.

Now, how can that be? Can you imagine a parent setting up a child with everything he needed and then ALSO creating a situation whereby that child could destroy himself by the push of a button?

Would a loving parent place his child in a wonderful place, only to "trick" him, by giving his access to a burning stove and not telling him about it? Are we to believe that a "loving God" would set up his children for failure, pain, heartbreak and destruction?

Only an evil parent with sick intentions would do that.

Here is the thing. Read this verse and consider what I insert into it.

Genesis 1

1 In the beginning (TIME) God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light (ENERGY),” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Note that all of these things are temporal and finite except energy. Energy is the part that cannot be destroyed. Although suffering and death are hard illusions to experience, what is gained over eternity were no corruption can take place? We are called Children of God for a reason.

Consider this:

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Word is information and programming. We have a good idea that the tree of life is DNA. Additionally, there is the Lamb's book of life. We are told we can be saved or lost. We are also told that we get a new robe and crown.

ROBE (Body) and Crown (MIND)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
    link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I wonder.... will we get a reset or reboot before a good upgrade takes place?

I think it may be possible we remember all our good moments. Do you know how it is when we look back and say, "Those were the good old days?" We often forget the bad stuff that was right there with those good days. In 20 years, we will again look back at the good old days as being now. The mind keeps what it enjoyed and blocks the bad stuff. I assume it will be somewhat like that.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:49 PM
    link   

I think the Word says it much better than we can ever say it.

Matthew 11

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:52 PM
    link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

I concur!

Personal Disclosure: Dear God ... you are fired for of none of the following reasons

• you build crap computers

• with a poorly placed kill switch.

• and you infect them with stupid viruses

• plus you bully your customers.

However you are fired for the flowing complete and utter fail ...

• Because you are a God damned LIAR!
    :shk:

Now since you lie and can not be trusted to be forthright and or forthcoming I will not install the crappy christsaves.me patch and instead will just start worshipping being idle [idol] and lets see what my Idol hands can do to this hardware of yours ... becuase I hear it is a devils playground!

• This is the time when the unbalanced force knocks the thing at rest for a spin.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:55 PM
    link   

If you believe the garden story, then you can see that they were told of the ONE rule (obstacle) upfront. I am not trying to evangelize here but am only trying to point out that in the absence of harm, the only other option would be billions of preprogrammed automatons, eternally stuck in a state of mindless worship. What kind of existence would that be?

I agree. Also, if God created a copy of himself in perfection, he would be simply looking in a mirror. Instead, this image is first fallen. We have the opportunity to rise. We involve to evolve.

Involution and Evolution

Gospel of the Nazarenes (Lection 88)

12. For by involution and evolution shall the salvation of all the world be accomplished: by the Descent of Spirit into matter, and the Ascent of matter into Spirit through the ages.

Involution is turning in on one's self (within). Compare this to Luke 17:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join