It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Major Eruption Now!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

She's behind cloud cover now - calming - quieting.

That was a big quick 'wow'!

peace

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is bada$$, I appreciate you Sharing these pics. I can't imagine what it must be like to actually be there.
I live basically under the shadow of MT. Redoubt, (our local volcano) and trying to picture it erupting and spewing lava is hard to do..I'm stoked for you! This must be incredible.....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
She's not ready to give up this evening and starting to wind back up some.
Problem for us is there's cloud cover moving in to block the view.
Nope, she's not through yet.

peace

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
too bad you didn't have some marshmellows on a very long stick...maybe you can get some money for the pics and vid, from some media company, might as well try and make a few euros from it, since you have a birds eye view so to speak.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

She's behind cloud cover now - calming - quieting.

That was a big quick 'wow'!

peace

you should be able to sell this one for sure...somebody will pay you money for it

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh look here - the news is on top of things tonight!
Actually I just saw who took this pic! A friend of Tzavros and mine.

Foto Etna

Nuova spettacolare eruzione, la quinta in quattro giorni, dell'Etna. Dal nuovo cratere di Sud-Est c'è una forte attività esplosiva con emissione di cenere lavica, accompagnata da spettacolari fontane di lava alte centinaia di metri. Una una colata emerge dalla frattura che si è aperta alla base della 'bocca'. Il braccio lavico si dirige nella desertica Valle del Bove. L'attività si svolge tutta nella zona sommitale del vulcano e non influenza l'operatività dell'aeroporto di Catania, ma problemi potrebbe avere invece lo scalo di Reggio Calabria. L'aeroporto di Catania è stato chiuso, a scopo precauzionale, per l'eruzione in corso sull'Etna e l'abbondante emissione di cenere dal vulcano attivo più alto d'Europa. Lo scalo ha sospeso l'attività operativa alle 19.34. I voli sono stati dirottati a Palermo

Spectacular new eruption, the fifth in four days, Etna. From the New Southeast Crater there is a strong explosive activity with lava ash emission, accompanied by spectacular fountains of lava hundreds of meters high. One emerges from a melt fracture which opened at the base of the 'mouth'. The arm goes in the lava desert Valle del Bove. The activity takes place entirely in the summit area of the volcano and does not affect the operation of the airport of Catania, but problems could have instead the airport of Reggio Calabria. Catania airport was closed as a precaution, in the eruption of Mount Etna in progress and the abundant ash emission from the highest active volcano in Europe. The airport has suspended business operation at 19:34. The flights were diverted to Palermo

I hope Turi will visit this thread someday! There's 12 of his fantastic photos at the link!

peace

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My apologies - this is short and so uneventful - it's when she first started and before she really took off - and I'd also not run to the end of the vineyard.

One day I'll convince myself to use more battery for video possibly sacrificing pics. Nawwwww!

Anyway - here ya go.

22:15 here now - still erupting - behind clouds.

peace

edit on 23-2-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm watching you, watching her.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Everyday i get the joy of watching your world burn and it is #in awesome. How is it you haven't gotten some sort of title or whatever it is they do around here for working so hard at something so badass as these fresh images.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well She has got up in a little mood this morning, slight rises in pressure.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yesterday Etna made noise. An update I didn’t add as that’s just about all she did.
Today?
More noise - the difference is - the ‘noise’ has begun to shake the house.
I can’t see behind the clouds surrounding her - but - I bet if I could I’d see the beginning of some lava action there and if not at the moment then soon.

peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Well She has got up in a little mood this morning, slight rises in pressure.

Yeahhhh just here to post that - and it seems (at least now at 10:20) a little increase in action is on the menu for this morning.
Have a good day Tzavros - if Etna has her way (or not) we'll meet up again before the day is over.

peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Getting louder - still cloud covered.

There's some thermal action showing on the live web cam.

Looking for more -

peace

edit on 28-2-2013 by silo13 because: updated wrong post

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
11:18 That was scary.

Big explosion.

How big was it - lol - big enough car alarms are going off and a few things fell off my computer table. If I hadn't heard Etna 'boom' I'd of thought it was a good sized EQ - but it was surely Etna.

I wish I could see what's going on.

peace

Edit to add: She must be erupting in a big way - the whole half of he sky behind the clouds is black and the explosions are going one after another without pause. The ground is really shaking with them.

Keep an eye on this one.

peace
edit on 28-2-2013 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
All that black behind those clouds? It's falling.
Sky is going from light to black above me.
I'm running for the cam.

Ground shaking again.

peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
All sites just went down but big column of black smoke rising. Take care

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Looks like She is starting to carm again.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Just as 'fallout' began...

Even more!

Some nice huge chunks... (Nice?)

It's still black out and the ash/rock cover is incredible - but you're right - she's seeming to calm.

peace

edit on 28-2-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Etna, nuova eruzione: operativo l'aeroporto Fontanarossa „Etna, una nuova eruzione: l'aeroporto resta in funzione“

Etna continues to show. Shortly before 10 am you take the paroxysmal activity from the Southeast Crater with increased tremor and loud rumbles. Around 11 Strombolian activity intensified with the release of lava fountains several hundred meters high, similar to those seen in the eruption lightning last Saturday.

Photo at link -

peace
edit on 28-2-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A parting gift for/from the pope?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join