It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Major Eruption Now!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

berkeleygal
Just found this at YT

Awesome!

Just saw this on the morning news. My first thought was, I have to get on ATS and make sure Silo is okay! So, here I am!

They said there were no evacuations so I figured everyone should be fine. But, like the others are saying, please be safe and watch what you breathe.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Stay safe Silo. Have you in my thoughts and prayers. Wish I could share my veggies from my organic veggie farm with you. Pics are amazing. Thanks for posting and keeping us updated.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Silo, I hope you're okay, you haven't posted since very early morning on the 17th. I hope you didn't go near that ledge again! Great pictures, as always. Have you actually ever climbed up to the top of Etna?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Lovely little vid from Christian Science Monitor

Mount Etna, Europe's most active volcano, has erupted again, lighting up the sky over much of eastern Sicily and shooting up a towering column of ash.

The eruption, which began late Saturday and tapered off Sunday morning, didn't endanger any of the villages dotting the mountain's slopes, and no evacuation was ordered.

CSM

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thanks everyone - I’ve been really busy doing clean up - horrible ash everywhere.
And ‘ash’ really is misleading. This is sandy grit that’s sharp and sticks to everything and gets in everything.
Anyway - beyond that the storm since yesterday knocked out power - etc.

So enjoy the video from CSM (previous post) and I’ve got more to post later.

Between now and then - here she is playing Little Miss Innocent!

Pretty unremarkable after all her action over the last few days huh!

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hopefully she blew u a big Dimond Kiss
,,or some kind of exotic metal,,
for being a great Bee tamer,,

And good Sicilian,, who does not run

edit on 11/19/2013 by BobAthome because: p.s i would have! lol

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just found this video, don't think anyone's posted it yet.

I really, really wish I could go there and see it/film it for myself.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Anyone interested in Mt. Etna should visit this FAB link covering the Latest Etna Eruption - There's a whole mess a great pics - etc.

Enjoy!

peace

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here is another interesting link. It says there were seven different volcanoes in six different countries erupting within hours of each other!

What's going on under there?!!!

worldtruth.tv...

edit on 11/21/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

So glad I stopped in today - I'm going to go right off and visit your link. Thank you!

What I came here for was to post this link about Pompeii - I have to say - I think a LOT differently about Etna now than I did before I watched it! Absolutely terrifying, awesome and fantastic at once!

Enjoy!

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh happy day. Just after watching that vid and Etna is sounding off LOUD and clear for the last hour or more.
A little red on top but nothing really going on yet.
Let's hope it stays that way.
In case you're new to the thread and want to keep your eyes on Etna?

EtnaLIVEWebCam

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

hey silo, when you send us photos from your house looking at Etna, how far away are you, approximately...you probably told us, but i'm to lazy to look for it...lol, sorry

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy - I was thinking about that this morning when out taking shooting Etna (She's erupting at the moment - not much to see but a lot of noise).

My impression is I’m not more than 10 miles from her base. If that’s actual or no I just can’t say. I'm deficient in guessing distances. I’m adding a pic through that might help. (?)

This little house is just about 4 miles from me by road. As you can see the top of Etna is right there behind it. There’s short stretch of rocky valley in between but it’s not much distance - though for my eyes that stretch of land? Wow - how far I’ve no idea.

Thanks!

peace

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
From my side of the mountain I’m not seeing the lava fountains - but they’re there.
She’s heating up - getting louder - ground shaking - but pretty tame all in all.

peace

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I spoke too soon.

She's going big time now - and just on the upswing.

Eyes open...

peace

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I have no way to describe the eruption at this moment and do it justice.
A constant roar.
The ash is black as the pits a hell and still spewing.

This is big.

Eyes open!

peace

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A friend of mine said the infa-red is HUGE.
Yeah, this is a big one...

Eyes open!

peace

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
That's my Saturday 'viewing' sorted
Rainbow hugs to you Gracie
Jane

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Etna causes fear -

Great link of pics - here's a quick translation:

Fortissima eruzione sull’Etna in atto in questi minuti, dopo che da ieri era ricominciata l’attività stromboliana dal nuovo cratere di sud-est del vulcano. Davvero spettacolari le fontane di lava ben visibili dalle immagini a corredo dell’articolo. Un’altisima colonna di cenere sovrasta tutta l’area etnea, muovendosi verso la Calabria. I venti sono deboli occidentali (ovest – sud/ovest) quindi la cenere arriverà proprio nel reggino. Il tremore vulcanico sta raggiungendo picchi elevatissimi. Seguiamo l’eruzione in diretta:

Strong eruption of Mount Etna is going on now starting up again after yesterdays Strombolian activity from the new crater to the southeast of the volcano. Really spectacular fountains of lava visible from the pictures accompanying the article. Huge (?) column of ash Etna dominates the whole area, moving to Calabria. The winds are weak Western (west - south / west) then the ashes will come right in Reggio. The volcanic tremor is reaching high peaks. We follow the eruption live:

And just like that! She's done!

peace

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
There was a news bulletin (after the fact, lol) claiming the eruption yesterday was a ‘critical event’.
Wellll that’s for sure.

So - many have asked what the ‘ash’ is like when it falls. Why I have to cover my animals and run for cover, etc.

This is a great example of when things get - 'critical'. Here you go!

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join