It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Major Eruption Now!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

silo13
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Just a quick one .. In that picture there is a second plume if ash and smoke on the right .. Is that another volcano or some sort of vent. ?

Quick reply -
On the right is the 'main' crater - or so it's called. That's the 'part' of Mt Etna I've never seen erupt.
I'll be back with more later!

thanks & peace

Thanks and good luck!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I,m watching. It is interesting how other parts of the world are also reacting.

No opinion on my part. Just watching.

The plates are moving.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

silo13
I’ve been waiting for this for 15 years.

Oh - added note? She’s getting loud and it’s getting nasty out there.

Eyes open people! I think we’re talking a major event here.

peace

Thank you for the pics, but stay safe out there!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The above video was taken early.

Now? Both craters are putting out a lot of ash - and noise - though I believe most of the 'Etna Talk' is coming from the crater on the left as you see it.

Cloud cover is moving in fast - but that's not stopping the eruption - it's still going strong, only my pic taking ability will be hampered.

Enjoy.

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

hi silo,

is this your own picture or downloaded ???

do you have a direct view of whats happening ???

can you recommend a good webcam ???

thanks mate

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Added note: I'm hearing the crater (on the left as you see them in my photos) has collapsed.

I have some photos (will post as soon as they are processed) - and you can see a earthy color ash rising up from under the black ash so I would think the rumors are true. When the clouds clear later we'll see Etna's new face!

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Yes, these are all my own photos (I post if they are not) and yes, it's in my 'backyard' so to speak.

There's a webcam here: Etna Live

As I said - the cloud cover is keeping me from new pics but I'll process and post what I already have taken. I'll be going to that web cam also - I want to see how much of the crater has collapsed!

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The MILO cam is obscured right now, but 20 miutes, or so, ago, a huge area between the two openings filled with white smoke.

It didn't rise much, but again, the area was pretty big, and didn't appear to be part of either plume.

Etna Cams

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yep - here's the collapse!

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

WELL DONE.

ats is lucky to have you so close to the action and being able to give us live updates.

take care and be vigilant

xxxx

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Thanks so much.

There's a lot of noise coming from behind those clouds. I don't see much ash peaking from the tops but again - the 'belching' and tremors are incredible stuff.

Pics when I can...

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The craters collapsed! Ohoh!
Not sure if this is a bad 'sign'.
Watching you watching her....thank you Silo
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have told you before, & I'm telling you again. You live in one of the most beautiful locations I've ever seen. Imagine having this in your backyard!! Although, at times I've worried for your safety.
your videos, I look forward to every chance I get! TY for sharing Silo👍
edit on 10/26/13 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The photo is from this morning - the cloud cover is keeping me from new pics.

She's still making a lot of noise though. I hope it clears later!

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Good to see you!
*huggers*
I hope to have more pics later as it is confirmed - the crater collapsed in a big way.
Can't wait to see!
She's quieting now (as I‘m posting my chair has stopped shaking) but the clouds are still thick.

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Thanks so much. I hope you can visit some day. There is a lot here that's so incredible beautiful. It has it's downsides like everywhere and they are big downsides believe me. I've sacrificed my health, relationships, my face (the weather and fire has really aged me) but - I wouldn't trade it for the world. I do so hope you can visit sometime!

Between now and then I'm on pins waiting to see how her face looks with the new collapse! I'll share with you all as soon as I get a peak!

Have a great day - and thank you -

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If you are that close so as to take a pic. . . that makes me envy! However, stay safe. And as long as possible keep clicking.

Reuters

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
After the eruption and collapse yesterday? Here’s Etna’s NEW crater!

I’m hearing from many fronts this new ‘creation’ is the start of a whole new pattern in her future with the ‘great’ crater (North East) becoming the ‘protagonist’ (instigator) with much more lava flow from the ‘new’ crater (in the black circle).

We shall see!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

peace

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't know what kind of volcanoe Mt. Etna is - but is the smell of sulphur thick in the air? Or, is it just thick sooty smoke?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hey Silo, Mt Etna made it on fox national news today!! Over here in nj!! Just wanted to let you know, it's actually on the msm......they were showing the eruption & said it closed the airport for several hours.....

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join