It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Major Eruption Now!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
mountain of fire
creating with destruction-
soon your ash gives life

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
The live cams are showing well - I'm under the sun/cloud glare so I can't see anything - but - if you're curious what' she's up to I'd suggest you go to the link above.

peace

silo...have you been asked by any volcano scientists to give your own reports as a "man on the street" type of perspective?....maybe you could rent out a room for nice tidy profit, to a young, good-looking volcanologist

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Some nice images, more action just before 5 min ..

webcams.volcanodiscovery.com...

edit on 11-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Does she have the area in an uproar or not?

Local News - National news even! And still going strong.

She's causing a lot of trouble with the airport and the 'unprecedented' ash fall.

So, back in the vineyard... The lava isn't shooting high in elevation at the moment - but there is a lot of it.

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Thank you so much - great to see you here and with some incredible awesome shots!
Great addition to the thread.
I'm looking forward to seeing more from you - we all are I'm sure!

peace

edit on 11-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Tnx friend, looks like will be more action ..

Volcanic tremors ..

img.abovetopsecret.com...

img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Some new images ..

webcams.volcanodiscovery.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
All night long.
Now into the morning without stop.
Lava, ash, the noise.
Pics and vids later - just checking in.
Incredible session this time, just incredible.

peace

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The above capture is from early this morning just as the sun was coming up.

Now? I wish she would stop. Can't believe I'm saying that but it's really beginning to be too much. Solid noise - loud - house shaking. She's got me on edge and jittery like I've had too much coffee. I can't remember when she's gone on and on so long and so loud.

Not complaining - just saying it feels ominous. Not a 'feeling of doom' - like a catastrophic event will take place - just ominous.

There's no indication she's going to let up any time soon either.

Eyes open (ears closed)!

peace

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
To welcome in the millenium we chose to holiday in the hills above Sorento overlooking the Bay of Naples.

The new millenium came, and the fireworks started. It was a wonderful sight, fireworks all around the Bay, above and below us on the hill. Firecrackers going off nearby.....after 20 minutes I had to go indoors, it was as though I had been transported back in time. With rockets whistling over my head making me duck, I had a taste of what the soldiers in the trenches in WWI must have suffered 24/7/365+. This went on constantly for 2 hours!

A bit of an extreme comparison with a volcano venting perhaps....but I can understand how the ground shaking, booming noises and constant teffra falling starts to become unerving especially when it starts going 'out of her norm' so to speak.

Lets hope she flicks her off switch soon.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

My gawd this could drive me to drink. The house is shaking - almost without stopping. Max up to 5 secs in between.

I tried to take a video so you could hear it, and you can but there's a pair of neighbors using chainsaws and it ruined the vid.

Thanks for your note. Next time I come in to post I just might be bald.
But if you made it through so can I!

Eyes open -

peace

edit on 12-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I might be on edge but look how she made up for it!

Look close - something I've been so in hopes of capturing!

And she's still as loud and shaking as before - but that lovely smoke ring makes up for it!

Eyes really open now!

peace

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Maybe I did...but that was just for 2 hours and to this day just thinking about it jangles my nerves......mother natyre though is X100 of fireworks. I am seriously feeling for you at the mo Silo. Where is Tzavros with her seismo charts....they must be rattling something rotten and running out of ink!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Haha....I spotted the smoke ring before I read your 'spoiler' underneath! Well done for catching that!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I have to thank Silicone Synapse for this shot. I’m always looking at the clouds because SS likes them.
I wouldn’t have caught it - I don’t think - without you SS!

That said - damn she’s getting louder and house shaking more...

Eyes open -

peace

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Feel for you with the constant noise and vibration. I have done passages at sea where the movement and noise have been quite consistently violent and have lasted for a day or two...but you half expect that in a boat and know it comes with the territory. But the helplessness that you experience when nature is giving it out is still there - and you don't know for certain how long it will last or how rough it will get. At the end of the day you trust in your spirit to keep you safe and help you get on with it and see it through. And afterwards you appreciate the tranquility even more...

By all accounts an unusual eruption this one

Mike

Archangel

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Thank you Gaetano Auteri for this stunning image of Etna.

peace

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Some videos ..

Still a lot of activity ..

edit on 12-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Etna volcano (Italy): 10th paroxysm from the New SE crater with unusual eruption style

Etna volcano (Italy): 10th paroxysm from the New SE crater with unusual eruption style
Friday Apr 12, 2013 18:35 PM | BY: T

A new paroxysm, the 10th such eruption in 2013, occurred today at Etna's New SE crater, after a several days-long phase of increasingly strong strombolian explosions. It culminated with lava flows and lava fountains and a tall ash plume.
Lava flows were erupted from the "saddle" area between the two Southeast Crater cones, toward the south and then southeast, from the summit vent of the New Southeast Crater itself toward southeast, and from vents on the northeast side of the cone.
The eruptive activity started on the afternoon of 8 April with small strombolian explosions and gradually increased on 11 April. By the evening of yesterday, explosive activity had been almost continuous and produced powerful explosions and loud detonations that continued throughout the night and this morning, before finally merging into lava fountains this afternoon.
The style of this latest eruption was distinctively different from the preceding ones and suggests that Etna is in a period of change:
- Two "waves" of lava flow emissions were observed, one at the end of the night and one at noon.
- Two pyroclastic flows were reported as well, a smaller one at about 10:35 and a bigger one shortly before 11:00 today. They were likely caused by the partial collapse of parts of the crater wall of the New SE crater, which was destabilized during the second wave of lava flow emission at that time.
- Volcanic tremor already peaked around midnight, then dropped a bit and remained unsteady but high. During previous paroxysms, the peak of tremor coincided with the peak phase (lava fountains) of the activity itself. Not this time - tremor decreased, although remained elevated, but the activity itself continued to increase and peaked much later.

Sources: INGV Catanian, Boris Behncke on Flickr, Activolcans.info

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Our volcano's going through a change. Today it felt like she was going through THE change! (I hope I don't regret making that lame joke)!

Thanks for posting the info - I'm learning more and more from your info all the time.

Between now and the next time - this ones for you...

peace

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join