It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Major Eruption Now!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by angelchemuel

3 more mini-explosions this afternoon. She's sitting up there puffing every so often. Very silent, very well...dirty.

I've more photos but waiting to see if anything a little more striking than a geriatric volcano puffing a pipe takes place.

peace

...geriatric volcano puffing a pipe!....love it!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

...geriatric volcano puffing a pipe!....love it!

Wellllll she's been doing it all day! And so quiet about it! And goofy? Look what she's been up to!

No photo shop on that face either!

peace

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ready to rest for the evening... Who knows what tonight will bring?

We'll see...

Eyes open...

peace

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Great photo,
She seems to be laying back and blowing a few smoke rings to relax after exploding.
Sorry that looks so dodgy now that I write it.

Oh dear.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Etna is really interesting! You must never know what to expect from her.

Erik, at Eruptions blog just posted a short write-up about the vulcanian explosions today. There are a couple of videos, too.

Hey Silo, after the last eruptions on the 3rd-4th of April, you posted 2 videos, asking what those blasts where called.
I saw them at minutes 2:00, 2:43, 2:55, 3:00, & 3:07 into the first video. I believe those are compression waves, or shock waves, from the gas exploding up and out of the volcano. You can hear the blasts a few seconds after seeing them. Very cool, from a safe distance away with a long lens.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ready to rest for the evening... Who knows what tonight will bring?

We'll see...

Eyes open...

peace

Quick...anybody read smoke signals!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The top one looks like a smiley face.

She is either taunting us, or she is happy to have her belly settling down.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Up early and at it this morning - this was just a few moments after 0600 - with sound this time.

It's going to be a busy day...

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I repeat - It's going to be a busy day...

15 mins ago:

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Watching you....watching her....and I shan't say what we say every time....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
~ 5th ash release since 0600 ~

peace

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
That looks nasty....hope the wind is blowing away from you this time Silo. But that would mean it's going to land on some other poor person....no win against a volcano eh? No win against mother earth if she decides to kick off big style really. Respect mama.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I saw them at minutes 2:00, 2:43, 2:55, 3:00, & 3:07 into the first video. I believe those are compression waves, or shock waves, from the gas exploding up and out of the volcano. You can hear the blasts a few seconds after seeing them. Very cool, from a safe distance away with a long lens

Thank you oh wise one! Now that I hear the term it sounds so obvious but before? I couldn't hit it.

And you're right - I never know what to expect - and she's always a surprise!

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
At 0400 this morning she started ‘talking’.

Now, at 0800 - she’s getting absolutely gabby! And, as I write this she’s starting to shake the ground a bit. Very little ash output now. This is the moment when (IMO) it’s time to watch for something more.

I’ll be sure and let you know.

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Looks like you are in for some fireworks today... Once again i find myself in France rather than Sicily which is frustrating as I am not due back until the end of next week. May the tremors be gentle, the lava fountains spectacular, the wind light and may the ash go straight back down the craters ..... Absolutely loved the photos by the way.

Be safe

Mike

Archangel

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Neptune77

Hi

The afternoon news reports the ash from Etna is/has fallen in ‘unprecedented’ amounts these last couple of days. There’s a state of emergency in many places. Also, the airport was closed last night and is still causing problems this morning.

Update to the moment: She's still loud and has been talking all morning right through to now. Persistent ash. No idea yet about lava. Basically she’s being heard and celebrating Spring by making it miserable for everyone else.

I hope you make it home ok!

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I wish I could see what's happening. She's just going ON and ON and ON. No pause between the booms and thunderous bursts of ash and explosions.

I really hope someone closer gets some great videos - I can't from here. I'm sure they will come out though. Maybe tonight when the sun is down I can catch a picture but for now she's really acting up like it's the beginning of the end of the world.

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Etna volcano current activity: new paroxysms from New SE crater

Strombolian activity at the New SE crater is intensifying and volcanic tremor is now steeply rising. The 10th paroxysm seems to be about to start.

This time, Etna seems a bit undecided what to do. Strombolian explosions from the New SE crater continued throughout the night and were sometimes quite intense. Tremor has risen a lot (about 10 times background), but has now been stagnating for a while.

Maybe we are in for something different this time, or, more likely, the expected new paroxysm will take longer than the previous ones to build up.

Love that last sentence! Isn't that the truth!

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The live cams are showing well - I'm under the sun/cloud glare so I can't see anything - but - if you're curious what' she's up to I'd suggest you go to the link above.

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I wish I could see what's happening. She's just going ON and ON and ON. No pause between the booms and thunderous bursts of ash and explosions.

I really hope someone closer gets some great videos - I can't from here. I'm sure they will come out though. Maybe tonight when the sun is down I can catch a picture but for now she's really acting up like it's the beginning of the end of the world.

peace

Well I hope YOUR last sentence "ain't the truth"!

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join