It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-controlled bionic hand that also controls your mind!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
A team of Swiss researchers announced that it will begin testing a new “sensing” bionic hand, one which looks to explode our ideas about the relationship between brain and machine.

Each fingertip, along with the palm and wrist, will be able to transmit signals independently.

Think of the hope it could bring to amputees!

So what do you think ATS will these prosthetics ever become mainstream?

Will they be made available to our war veterans and general public or will they remain in the domain of the upper classes?

Link The mind-controlled bionic hand
edit on 20-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Whoa sweet! I read another thread on here about a Bionic Eye.

It's so good to hear so many options for physically disabled people are being brought out to the public, however the cost itself for one of those probably is an arm and a leg anyways...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I always wondered when this was going to happen. Makes me think of Jax from Mortal Kombat. Here's my problem.
We have a hard enough transplanting a heart and having it take to the body even with the use of medication. What is the likely hood of this Hand being accepted by the brain and not as a foreign threat and attacked by the body?

Also it's not like we have a usb port in us to where we can just plug in a mech-hand how do they plan and what is controlling this arm? Sensors? That are linked to the brain? How? Are we fusing veins to copper wiring?

I need help with this... Can anyone clarify this for me?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I dont think white blood cells can mount much of a defence against silicon or copper.

Unless our immune system started to destroy the surrounding tissue that's physically in contact with the interface/silicon/copper.
edit on 20-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join