It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF developing terrifying swarms of tiny unmanned drones that can hover, crawl and even kill target

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Oh my god. What if they go iRobot? This makes my head hurt to think about... Why do we need such killing machines? I really wish I didn't know this. This is horrible. What The Fermented Donuts. I want to live on an island by myself.
edit on 2/20/2013 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/20/2013 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
In my younger days of RC airplane's, the one deadly thing for our toys and their radio signals, were CB radios which could interfere with the radio control signals. .... Sure be a bummer to spend billions and be dealt a lethal blow with a $49 Radio Shack CB radio

We have a train track a couple of miles away. Whenever a train went by while I was flying my RC plane, it would interfer with the signal and nearly bring the plane down. I guess there was some RF being generated by the train.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
A magnetic field could definitely overload an electrical circuit. That's how generators create electricity. Inducing a current into a coil of wire by changing the magnetic environment.

That would be a time-varying magnetic field, which I told you about. However, a generator has something you don't - a good close coupling. Time-varying mag fields fall off in power density as the sixth power of the distance. Thus, even if you had a close coupling, and you won't, you can't get any distance out of your magnetic drone damager.

So if you have a circuit that's designed to handle 120 volts, and all of a sudden a magnetic field, stronger than that of the 120 volt source comes along, then you're going to induce a larger current than the circuit is designed to handle. Electricity is created by magnetic fields. The stronger the field, the higher the current.

Magnetic fields don't come in volts. Current can be induced by a time-varying magnetic field, but only to the extent that it's closely coupled into your circuit, which you won't get. It works better with long conductors, which I also said and you missed, but you won't have those with microdrones. Bad coupling + distance + short conductors = piddly barely detectable currents. Not volts.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
lol, like they wouldn't harden them against EMP too?

But good comment.

good comment bro, but...

you dont "harden" against emp. you use a faraday cage to disperse the pulse so it doesnt fry the circuits inside. BUT if its flying its not grounded, sooo faraday cage wont even help...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

sorry m8...just the "you call yourself an American"....I ask you is an American supposed to be so robotic that they will only do as other Americans do...Or is it about being free to speak your mind openly about things freely....Why would one denounce a fellow American for the views they might take whether it be about the home country or about another...even an allied country....Seems a bit ridiculous....You are a better American than another American because you have a different point of view.
Also you say your a seasonal Canadian...then you should know that a great many of your fellow Americans made their way into Canada during the Vietnam war...because they did not want to be part of your precious blood thirsty Killing government....It is a proud American who speaks out against the atrocities performed by ones own government....so the question is...What makes you such a superior American?.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
Yadda yadda yadda Iraq war a lie BS. There are a million reasons we went to Iraq which I will not go into here but that the entire educated world sees as obvious.

You call yourself a true American yet you slam your own like its the enemy. If you hate American military might and power so much go learn Chinese.

Also if you think we (in all caps) DONT NEED weapons to secure our way of life then you better learn Chinese even faster.

This is the problem, right here. Hey everybody, look closely why the western way of life is the problem on this planet right now.

The entire educated world thinks the Iraq invasion was a crime against humanity. Only a few deluded yanks are ignorant enough to believe it wasn't mass murder.

Pretending that Eurasia is better than Eastasia is really very sad.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I personally want every single person who likes war and weaponry to be taken to a detention planet until they cry uncle, no more, I have learnt my lesson. It was always all about LOVE and EQUALITY and FEEDING, EDUCATING AND EMPOWERING EVERYONE.

Not a chance am I going to allow these criminals to run our countries, and world and abuse any more citizens, children or nature.

Drones kill civilians and children. Over 80% casualties in the wars are innocent civilians. THIS ENDS. HELL OVER MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Here's what immediately came to mind for me in reading the OP.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
We're going to have to empower our own inventors and basically shut down all their ugly filthy murderous tech!!!! And spread it to all the countries especially third world. And get teams of PSI to take them on and ensure they have no more rights over this planet.

Grandmas and children outrank all of the miiltary, paramilitary and all corporate heads, all bankers, all royal families all illegal murderous monsters begone. BEGONE FROM OUR WORLD.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Saw this posted earlier. Making me not trust regular old birds anymore. The whole "trusting white or black cargo vans" thing left the building a WHILE ago.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I'm so with you.

Re: flying things, wonder how they handle tennis rackets?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I personally want every single person who likes war and weaponry to be taken to a detention planet until they cry uncle, no more, I have learnt my lesson. It was always all about LOVE and EQUALITY and FEEDING, EDUCATING AND EMPOWERING EVERYONE.

Not a chance am I going to allow these criminals to run our countries, and world and abuse any more citizens, children or nature.

Drones kill civilians and children. Over 80% casualties in the wars are innocent civilians. THIS ENDS. HELL OVER MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PLEASE link me some stats showing 80% casualties were innocent civilians. PLEASE, i bet you cant find a credible source to back that rediculous claim.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
PLEASE link me some stats showing 80% casualties were innocent civilians. PLEASE, i bet you cant find a credible source to back that rediculous claim.

I'd be happy for evidence of a single "threat to amerika" having been targetted.

Not his children, not his household. The so called "Terrorist". And since we're on the topic, please explain how follow up strikes on strike zones do anything but kill rescuers and neighbours?

All out war on people who don't have running water and electricity. Amerika the brave.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

If you catch them do you get to keep it? You know like firefly's , except these ones cost 250k a pop? lol if you step on one or smash one , do you then owe the government 250k? dumb f ing idea.

Personally I think this is a terrible idea, it wont be long before someone says look what I made from radio shack parts and bam, now we are all having mosquito wars heh

Well at least in the future when there are huge "outbreaks" of some disease from mosquito's, well know the real source..

Tiny drones dipped in malaria.

Granted these ones are much larger than the mosquito ones but you should check those out, in the article they even said could be eq with a syringe type thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrasherBamBam

" The whole "trusting white or black cargo vans" thing left the building a WHILE ago."

yah between free kandy vans and secret govs, best to just stay away lol cant trust silver either ^^

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I know magnetic fields aren't measured in volts. That's not really what I said. I was referring to the source when I said voltage. For a constant resistance, any increase in voltage will result in a directly proportional increase in current. I was referring to this relationship. Not to say, "the voltage of the magnetic field".

But anyway, we're on the same page now.
edit on 21-2-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

And what about when this technology gets into the hands of our enemies?

You need to be more concerned about this technology getting into the hands of our Government. Remember those Drones?

Reminds me of the scientists and inventors working for the Nazi's.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

Who says I'm not?

Anyone using a weapon against me is my enemy.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That's a nice cgi vid that the OP embedded in the first post.

It would be tough to fathom that it would all be possible, only if I hadn't seen THIS live demonstration of MAV swarm capability of actual drones already performing complex maneuvers - and, this is already over a YEAR old.

If we're just now finding out about this, think of 1) how long they've been working on it, and 2) how much more advanced the technology is, than we are aware of...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

All this panic over an animation and not even a very good one

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It just goes to show how little the PTB cares about their country. Think of the billions (or trillions) of black project spending to develop tech like this. If the US were to use these funds for social programs, education and the like, the outcome is so different.

What gives America the right to police their citizens and the world in this manner?

S

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join