Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

USAF developing terrifying swarms of tiny unmanned drones that can hover, crawl and even kill target

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well, I guess all I can do is just keep bringing the news. Oh, the horror, when some smart cookie in the military with access to the mav controls and sick of watching American blood splattered for nothing decides to... I'll leave the rest up to the imagination- cause it seems my more graphic descriptions of what I envision only get me in trouble.

EDIT: And I wonder how many poor birds will pay with their life by mistake when people everywhere on earth start shooting anything that settles on a power line?
edit on Wed Feb 20th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When will they learn that once the destructive technological gene is outta the bottle there is no putting it back in?? sooner or later some very very bad guys is gonna use it, or they are gonna do some thing really stupid and have them self replecate.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Vancouver area is the drug and murder capital of Canada (if you don't count the Tar Sands). I am not hating on you for residing up here. I was referring to your outlook, not which side of the imaginary line that you reside on.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

It was NOT stolen ! it was given to the Russians by the Traitors in the U.S Government ,read Major Jordans diaries

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The ''Enemies'' are now the people ,the masses,the middle class ,the useless eaters ,who are using up ''THEIR'' resources ,polluting their earth ,destroying their animals ,etc .Americas overseas '' enemies '', are you still believing this Nationalistic old wives tale ? This is the future, TOTAL surveilance ,Total control of everyone on earth ,no escape, no privacy ,no hope of a way out ,all under the U.N ,like it says in Revelation 13:4 '' Who is like the wild beast [U.N]and who can do battle with it ?'' No one

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I knew these days were coming! I once had a roommate so freaked out by my conspiracy theories that he thought he was being harassed by a bumble-bee drone! He said that if he swatted it and cut it open and electronics instead of guts spilled out, we were moving

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

My Bet Is That If You Could Catch One Of These Drones And Turn It Upside Down.
It Will Read MADE IN CHINA

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Kinda cool, and terrifying.

I had a dream that a general gave a spy he'd discovered a present. She was so happy to get it but when she opened it suddenly she burnt down into embers. Then these nanobots came out and were toting off the ashes.
He said "Make sure you get every last ash, I don't want any trace she ever existed."

It was a cool dream, but then I thought how terrifying it could be if you could wipe out every trace that someone had ever existed and use nanobots to totally clean a crimescene like that.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In my younger days of RC airplane's, the one deadly thing for our toys and their radio signals, were CB radios which could interfere with the radio control signals. .... Sure be a bummer to spend billions and be dealt a lethal blow with a $49 Radio Shack CB radio

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I saw a video today, on the website of Norways largest newspaper, with a similar drone. This one is fully functional, developed by the norwegian military. The video is in Norwegian, but you get the point..

www.vgtv.no...#!/video/61312/vgtv-ble-med-på-demonstrasjon-se-forsvarets-nye-våpen-i-aksjon

Click the button at the bottom, called "hent flere videoer" and scroll down, and you'll see the thumbnail, a small drone in a guys hand.

Sorry for the bad link!
edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: Bad link.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
When will they learn that once the destructive technological gene is outta the bottle there is no putting it back in?? sooner or later some very very bad guys is gonna use it, or they are gonna do some thing really stupid and have them self replecate.

That`s right and just remember that if we can kill their leaders with these micro bots then they can also kill our leaders with their own micro bots.
How is the secret service going to protect the president from a micro bot the size of a dragonfly when the president is out in public?

That`s why i said in an earlier post that all the political and corporate leaders will have to hide/live in underground secure bunkers in order to be safe from a cockroach size assassin mirco bot being controlled by a chinese or north korean spy sitting in a hotel room in washington D.C.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

And then Chinese hackers discover a way to reprogram the tiny drones to turn and attack each other.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
lol, like they wouldn't harden them against EMP too?

But good comment.

I'm not sure there is a way that you can block a magnetic field. Especially one that is strong enough to overload electrical circuits at large distances. I could be wrong though.

Magnetic fields don't overload electrical circuits. Don't do much of anything at all. A big time-varying magnetic field could induce some currents in long conductors but remember, these things are small and not trailing wires. Also a free-space mag field like that will fall off as the sixth power of the distance, so not very effective.

EMP is a radio surge. Not a magnetic field. There's a magnetic component to it, but it's not a straight h-field.

A magnetic field could definitely overload an electrical circuit. That's how generators create electricity. Inducing a current into a coil of wire by changing the magnetic environment. So if you have a circuit that's designed to handle 120 volts, and all of a sudden a magnetic field, stronger than that of the 120 volt source comes along, then you're going to induce a larger current than the circuit is designed to handle. Electricity is created by magnetic fields. The stronger the field, the higher the current.

But I didn't know that about emps. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Micro air vehicles.
Only defence against this is a 12 guage with bird shot.
Start stocking up. The swarms are coming.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Hopechest
Its funny though, you can go back and read old articles and these exact, and I mean exact, types of fear predictions were made about the telegraph, telephone, television, radio....you name it.

And every single damn one of them came true.

But that's ok, stay in your fog.

Telegraph, telephone, television, and radio . . . and other commiunication technologies, which have no components designed to injure and kill people, are not comparable to these devices which are specifically designed for the end-goal of killing targeted individuals.

These devices are designed to give their operators power and endow them with the ability to do harmful things to others without the bothersome annoyance of having to resort to due process of law. But that's no cause for concern to you. After all, "the government" is benevolent and will do no harm to anyone except to those who really deserve it.

See if you can parse that one.

Who needs the law and courts when you can just trust politicians and government agencies to do the right thing? Life really is a bed of roses from your frame of reference. Does your name begin with a "P" as in Polly . . .

edit on 2/20/2013 by dubiousone because: Grammar.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I find it odd you want them to be made illegal due to the fact you are afraid they will use them...funny thing about making things illegal...THEY are the ones who enforce the laws. Laws don't work to limit government...last I checked kidnapping is illegal and the government does that to its own citizens as a great American past time....So making these illegal will only make them illegal to people...not the government...NOTHING is off limits to them and I am sure you are well aware of this.

As far as I can tell...the problem isn't that these new tech are coming out...its not that scientists are thinking this stuff up...its that we have to be afraid of this technology because we have a MACHINE in place that will use them to abuse people all over the world...similar to the gun issue...its not the drones that kill people and cause abuse...its people who do that via the governmental machine.

I don't think making these illegal is practical because governments don't obey laws...they just enforce them on everyone but themselves. And that's who were worried about abusing this tech right? the government...

Taxes are what allow the government to buy these tools of abuse...
Fear is what requests and allows the government to use them
Ignorance is what allows them to get away with it

its the great trifecta that powers the twilight-zone were living in...
edit on 20-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Fly swatters and birdshot How many are you allowed to bag a day ?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The people who really flip out over this stuff and act surprised are the same people who somehow think that TPTB DON'T want Terminator-style weapons of war. I mean, that is the ultimate goal -
pilot-less drones for bombing and recon, robots that kill and execute missions without risking human lives..it's the modern military's wet dream. And these micro-bots are an even better idea ( conceptually ), and easier to use.

There's always been sci-fi robot-soldier concepts flying about ever since there's been sc-fi.
I know that when I saw the first Terminator movie when it came out ( despite it's relatively low budget and special effects compared to today's technology ), I thought to myself, "Wow, there's something to this...", and the whole thing kind of jarred my psyche. I just kind of intuitively knew that this was the kind of future that we're headed for. And here we are, 20-Plus years later..... I think James Cameron was prescient in his story telling.

And here's a preview....

edit on 20-2-2013 by moonzoo7 because: typo
edit on 20-2-2013 by moonzoo7 because: added content to clarify my point
edit on 20-2-2013 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is a scary thought, but they seem to be showing fly sized vehicles, and then bird sized vehicles. An object the size of a fly is frightening in the fact you could be " tagged " or watched and likely not notice. Flies are annoying but we don't think of them as tools like this. However, unless the fly sized vehicle is going to poison you, I doubt the lethality. Sure if it delivers any number of potent poisons you'd be dead, but they mentioned explosives. I don't think any explosive is powerful enough to make a kill, attached to a fly sized drone. I just don't see it being capable of carrying enough to kill a man. Sure wound, or scare the # out of him, but less than a pea size amount of even the most potent explosive isn't a guaranteed kill.

Unless of course these are larger than flies, in which case they aren't THAT stealthy. Still scary, I wouldn't think something small would come fly in my window and blow me up.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Unless ofcourse, the fly lands on your head, or neck, where even a small amount of explosives could be potentially lehal. Not to mention a small injection of a nerve-paralyzer. I definitely see the possibility in this, however far fethed it might seem.

On another note, Odin, the norse god of war, had two ravens, Hugin & Munin, or Thought & Memory, which would scout or carry out small missions for him.. Ring a bell?:p

The birds of the enemy are also described in the Quran, and I'm sure, plenty of other ancient and religious texts.

History is a strange loop indeed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join