It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF developing terrifying swarms of tiny unmanned drones that can hover, crawl and even kill target

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

USAF developing terrifying swarms of tiny unmanned drones that can hover, crawl and even kill targets

www.dailymail.co.uk

The U.S. Air Force is developing tiny unmanned drones that will fly in swarms, hover like bees, crawl like spiders and even sneak up on unsuspecting targets and execute them with lethal precision.

The Air Vehicles Directorate, a research arm of the Air Force, has released a computer-animated video outlining the the future capabilities of Micro Air Vehicles (MAVs). The project promises to revolutionize war by down-sizing the combatants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed Feb 20th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

'MAVs will become a vital element in the ever-changing war-fighting environment and will help ensure success on the battlefield of the future,' the narrator intones.

I dug up the youtube version which was just posted, only 72 views:

'Unobtrusive, pervasive, lethal - Micro Air Vehicles, enhancing the capabilities of the future war fighter.'

That comment SHOULD have read:
'Unobtrusive, pervasive, lethal - Micro Air Vehicles, enhancing the capabilities of the US Big Brother Police State and President, for the surveillance and killing of American citizens in their own bedrooms- with no trial or jury.

I mean come on. You think we're stupid? It will be no time at all before those are being abused, with police forces all across this country allocating insane amounts of money for teams to run them. While there's not enough money for street cops!

I mean Jesus. You can't MAKE this stuff up. General Dynamics. Uh huh.

General Dynasty is more like it.

When is too much power over the people TOO MUCH? NEVER, according to the money grubbing cockroaches who invent these things. I just don't understand how you can sit behind a desk and DO that in good conscience- knowing that they will SURELY end up exactly as I am describing- in the hands of the FBI, CIA, DHS, TSA and you name it.

And the first place they'll fly one will be right into the home of Ron Paul. You can bet there will be at least one armed with explosives or chemicals.

I mean this is just over the top. Individual States, and Congress ought to make these things illegal before they even hit the market place for any law enforcement agency- and before they themselves are targeted for either micro surveillance and/or micro termination.

I think they ought to make them illegal PERIOD.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
And what about when this technology gets into the hands of our enemies?

Groups of individuals with limited amount of manpower but large amounts of cash all of a sudden have unstoppable power to carry out whatever agenda it is they want to carry out that involves assassination.

Not only should you be buying guns right now, you should also buy an emp device.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I've seen impressive videos of these type of sophisticated flying bots, funny they didn't used to be called "drones".

Is the government implanting this fear of drones into the minds of citizens? I dunno, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching these machines play soccer and pong a few years back...haha.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
lol, like they wouldn't harden them against EMP too?

But good comment.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If we are seeing these now then they have been around for 20 years or so already.

Why so negative? Calling inventors cockroaches? How is a college genius who invents miniature technologies, even if it is for war, a cockroach?

Listen, we are not going backwards here in case you didnt notice. You cannot call for these technologies to be illegal bc you are scared they will kill you with them. That is absurd.

The fact is it will be very easy with this technology to eavesdrop on enemies wherever they are in the world and also easy to perform a decapitation strike if required.

What would our lives be like right now if Bush sent a little housefly thing to poison Saddam instead of rape our economy invading?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
What would our lives be like right now if Bush sent a little housefly thing to poison Saddam instead of rape our economy invading?

Not one iota better, because in case you haven't noticed the board lately:

The Iraq War Was A Lie- Declassified Rumsfeld Memos

Point being, this does nothing more than give them more power, at a micro level. It is not fixing the wanton corruption and abuse. More tax money for weapons WE DON'T NEED.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
lol, like they wouldn't harden them against EMP too?

But good comment.

I'm not sure there is a way that you can block a magnetic field. Especially one that is strong enough to overload electrical circuits at large distances. I could be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Not one iota better, because in case you haven't noticed the board lately:

The Iraq War Was A Lie

Point being, this does nothing more than give them more power, at a micro level. It is not fixing the wanton corruption and abuse. More tax money for weapons WE DON'T NEED.

Yadda yadda yadda Iraq war a lie BS. There are a million reasons we went to Iraq which I will not go into here but that the entire educated world sees as obvious.

You call yourself a true American yet you slam your own like its the enemy. If you hate American military might and power so much go learn Chinese.

Also if you think we (in all caps) DONT NEED weapons to secure our way of life then you better learn Chinese even faster.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Also for the record I AM AN AMERICAN. I choose to live seasonally in Canada because it is better here.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
In other words, the USA already has this technology for 10 years already and they are revealing it now as they begin work on a whole new technology that we wont know nothing about for the next 20 years

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

If we are seeing these now then they have been around for 20 years or so already.

Why so negative? Calling inventors cockroaches? How is a college genius who invents miniature technologies, even if it is for war, a cockroach?

Listen, we are not going backwards here in case you didnt notice. You cannot call for these technologies to be illegal bc you are scared they will kill you with them. That is absurd.

The fact is it will be very easy with this technology to eavesdrop on enemies wherever they are in the world and also easy to perform a decapitation strike if required.

Yea I have to agree with you.

This outright paranoia over every little bit of new technology is bordering on insanity. I'm sure if the government was planning to do all these things to their citizens (as has been claimed since the revolution by the way) that they could easily do it without swarms of tiny drones.

As this quoted post points out, we are advancing as a country and a race in terms of technology and its unavoidable. We are never going to return to the 19th century again so these types of things are just going to have to be accepted.

Its funny though, you can go back and read old articles and these exact, and I mean exact, types of fear predictions were made about the telegraph, telephone, television, radio....you name it.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Its funny though, you can go back and read old articles and these exact, and I mean exact, types of fear predictions were made about the telegraph, telephone, television, radio....you name it.

And every single damn one of them came true.

But that's ok, stay in your fog.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

And every single damn one of them came true.

But that's ok, stay in your fog.

Uh huh.

I look around and I see how the government has so impacted my life. Heck they made me drink that bottle of rum last night.

Damn government.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

A good definition of forewards would be to have international watchdogs that operate daily to outlaw this kind of thing. Who's absurd? Not the op.

Just because I can create a maltoff cocktail or a homemade spy cam doesn't mean I should, or will make them. Let alone those who are capable of creating these gizmos, and who will be free to negligently use them.

Stop being blinded by science and start dwelling on the likely applications.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Point being, this does nothing more than give them more power, at a micro level. It is not fixing the wanton corruption and abuse..

Please explain "them". Conspiracy theorists who are often very wrong always come out with this "them" reference. Who is them?

What you fail to realize is it is "US" not them. We are the USA and advancements in military technologies which secure our way of life is for us, not "them"

Get it?

I was intrigued by your headline and have been entertained by your posts before but this one is full of anger and crap so I had to comment.

I repeat, there is no "them" you can clearly define in an argument. Go ahead and try. Also there is not going to be a presidential order to send a minibot drone thing to kill you or anyone else for that matter unless they are a threat to the USA. If you are a threat be worried. If not have a chill on the porch and smile a bit. There is more to life than bitching on ATS.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
MAVs eh? i wonder if theyre going to look something like this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden

A good definition of forewards would be to have international watchdogs that operate daily to outlaw this kind of thing. Who's absurd? Not the op.

Just because I can create a maltoff cocktail or a homemade spy cam doesn't mean I should, or will make them. Let alone those who are capable of creating these gizmos, and who will be free to negligently use them.

Stop being blinded by science and start dwelling on the likely applications.

Sorry but our Constitution doesn't allow us to be governed by international laws.

Anything the Congress passes trumps it. You would like to amend the Constitution to turn over our sovereignty to an international watchdog group?

Now that is what I call scary.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Militaries really don't know when to quit, or care how many slippery slopes they cascade down. This ongoing game of oneupmanship is taking another big twist. Once you release them, they are prone to capture and reverse engineering, especially this day and age. What dismal tech to spread around the world and stress everyone out with; its no better than nanotech, which also desperately needs watchdogs. It's sad to see people not only agree with these methods, but also endorse them, even while knowing what kind of individuals and agendas are running through government in 2013.

What about equal and opposite reactions to the use of these? I can see it only promoting counter-measures such as the emps mentioned, and wasting a collossal amount of money. Are they safe? Clearly not, but could they be responsible for accidental or civilian deaths through malfunction or operator error? What if kids start playing with them and prick their finger on the business end? What if one konks out, degrades, and randomly releases its payload to the detriment of future unfortunates - it could make entire cities as bad as minefields. I won't forget to add how cowardly an attack method this is, or how much an invasion of privacy it constitutes for the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

They are certainly no more dangerous than a nuclear weapon is.

The Russians stole the technology and it actually issued in an era of peace by the two superpowers who instead chose to fight their proxy wars instead of annihilating the planet.

And odds are that both Russia and China already have their own programs for these well under way. It would be foolish of us not to pursue the technology.

What if kids start playing with them and prick their finger on the business end?

Are you also against the technology of land mines which children walk over every single day?
edit on 20-2-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join