It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of Zelda Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Didn't read it all, between the replies and what I did read I think I get the jist though.

You don't need a shrink, you need to go to a bar. From the sounds of your shut in life I doubt your alcohol tolerance is high so just go have a few beers, all the blondes will look like Zelda.

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by pgobbs2277

By the way the best zelda game is on Super Nintendo, not Nintendo 64.. My opinion of course.. "The Legend of Zelda, A Link to The Past.." Think about the name, and the name of the main character... Think about reincarnation.

I'm a psychic.. I'm getting a vibe about you. Your younger than 27, maybe 28. Am I right?

Dude, the best Zelda was the original. The LoZ on NES was so good it made the others what they were. Anyone who thinks A Link to the Past is the best Zelda missed the NES gap between Atari and SNES, when video games were actually difficult. Not impossible, not simplified by more buttons, difficult on a scale of impossible.

Beating the original LoZ on NES at age 7 was still the best moment of my life I contend.

edit on 20-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
the word zelda appears 44 times on page 1 of this thread....I have yet to understand how this relates to zelda...

SO instead i will tell you about a great emulator I downloaded specifically to play legend of zelda
ocarina of time.

Project 64. It is great. It has a built in game shark that you can use to make your own codes if you use a memory scanner during game play and customize your own cheats. I was stuck on the archery range in the Gerudo fortress trying to get the large quiver. I wanted to play the game all the way through without cheats ( ended up compromising). The only one I used regularly was infinite money, because I wasnt going to do hours of rupee whoring for things like a dumb potion....

SO anyways I used a memory scanner while shooting a couple arrows , found the address and value and I was good to go, I made a code for the game shark built into the emulator. 99 arrows seemed like enough. Needless to say that I got well over 2000 points and I was done. Using a mouse to aim can be a pain in the ass. The good thing about this emulator is that it is well developed. I downloaded a patch that allowed mouses to be used as secondary controllers. That was great. I needed it for the lost woods target thing with the sling shot, where if you shoot the bulls eye three times a skull kid pops out and upgrades your deku seed pouch. The arrow keys were impossible. Also trying to do all the side games for heart pieces was really hard with just the keyboard.

So I had an issue though. I accidentally clicked on the already included cheat for "get biggordonsword". That sucked. I was doing the trading sequence and got all the way up to the giant gordon on the top of death mountain with the "best eye drops" so he would fix by broken giants knife and turn it into the biggordon sword. He would not accept it!

I looked and sure enough I already had it.What was I to do. I wanted 100% completion. I realized that I needed to modify the cheat and enable it again. I changed the value of xxxxxxx-xx01 to a flase value of xxxxxxx-xx00. I was good to go, I lost the biggordon sword. I then manually added a cheat I copied from the internet for having the broken giants knife. That was it. I went back to the giant gordon on the top of death mountain and he stopped crying. I gave him the "best eye drops" and he gave me my claim ticket!! Fantastic!....

So I played the sun song 4 times to make the amount of "game time" pass and claimed my giantgordon sword.

I also learned about a glitch where after getting the big gordon sword, and after using that slot for ALL side quests, that you dont really need that slot. The claim ticket just sits there in your inventory menu and is completely useless.

What I learned was that if you equip a bottle and pick up a fish, bugs, whatever, and before link finishes the swipe to fill the bottle, you open your inventory and equip the claim ticket in the exact slot you had the bottle in.

What happens is that the bottle is filled and you gain a new bottle in that slot where the claim ticket was....so you can have a total of 5!!!! bottles and no useless claim ticket. You can replace any item but you need the rest. Really you could replace the deku seeds or deku sticks. The fire spells and fire arrows make carrying deku sticks redundant. Be careful though, once an item is replaced with a bottle it is gone for ever.

awesome.

I also noticed that the fishing pond in lake hylia has a trick. The biggest catch will always sit by the log half way to the bottom of the pond. I didnt get the heavy sinker, but I dont think I needed it. I also didnt get the shovel this time around.

I only got the emulator and played this game again because I convinced my friend to lend me his nintendo 64 the a month after he just got it and it just came out. I proceeded to play zelda for him and beat the game. He was really bad at it, but wanted a decent save game. I then played for 6 months without a guide and got him to about 90+% completion. All I needed was to fight the final battle, get the golden gloves, and a quarter heart piece I already found but just needed to get to with the hook shot in a temple that I missed.

So he decided that he wanted his console back and that I could finish at his house.....I never played again. I was really pissed at him. I could have finished in 5 more hours. He let me play for almost 6 months and then the last day acts like a prick!??!?

So I saw the emulator and thought that this was my time. I got it, and rocked it out. I remembered tons of stuff and only used a guide for the golden skullatas.

I am at 99.99 completion. I just need to walk through and do little things like get the big sinker for fishing, and things like that. I finished every side quest and did every game. I only cheated using codes as I mention before and for the water temple. I F-ing HATED the water temple. At the end I just used a levitate code instead of making the water rise and fall a thousand times to get to the various doors.

You know what happened though after watching the credits. I was post orgasm not interested anymore.

I am done with Zelda for life.....no more. Ninetendo has nothing hanging over me head. I beat every game I ever played on their consoles. I am done.....

OP, I hope this helps....

EDIT:
Oh and the golden tunic doesnt do anything, it just looks cool. It is a great cheat as a sort of treat after you beat the game. Dont save with cheats or use them really too much or they glitch your game badly. They have bad side effects.

edit on 20-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

no, a link to the past for super nes was the best before ocarina. Majoras mask was sooo dumb I refused.
Master quest for ocarina was the same game, only slightly harder.

and the worst, which ruined everything nintendo for me was the game cube one....I immediately returned my brand new game cube and stopped playing video games until xbox and halo....then halo turned gay and I switched to COD. Now I just dont play video games any more and sold my xbox and games.

That is why this emulator (project 64) was such a treat. It was a "my era" console....and I got a video game completion orgasm after over a decade of video game completion blue balls.

edit on 20-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I cant say ive read it all, but from what I have read and peoples comments this all seems a little too much for me.

May I suggest you sort it by yourself, go to a councillor or doctor and they'll put you on crazy pills and who knows what will happen next!
edit on 20-2-2013 by HTUKno1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You

Are

OBSESSED

Bingo.

To the OP...all these things are not signs or omens. Your mind is simply reinforcing this obsession, and you're seeing connections where they simply aren't (c'mon, her neighbor's name?).... Not your fault, a lot of us go through it...I did. Thank goodness we grow out of it, mature, and move on to have healthy relationships vs. these fantasies we concoct in our addled little monkey brains....

My advice will sound odd, even crass...but I will tell you now, heed it, and you'll be fine.
Get out in the real world and get some ass.

Seriously, just get it out of your system, and you'll be sane again. Right now, you're pushing Charlie Sheen off the Crazy Train....and hopefully, you know it, you just don't want to admit it.

Take it from someone who's been there and left the station with his sanity.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
ummmm....... yeah......so.......ummmm

I just went to your youtube channel #YT link snipped##
I read some of your comments on your video uploads.

I think it confirms my initial gut instinct about your beliefs.

You are indeed a crazy stalker type.

For your own good, you should really move on and leave that poor girl alone.

She rejected your valentine's day message and called you crazy.

Time to snap back to reality.

You are blurring the lines between fantasy and fiction.

You're infatuated with a creation of your own mind and there is no basis in reality.

This girl is NOT your soulmate. She is perhaps a muse that can inspire you and motivate you.

But it's time to let her go and move past this obsession you have with her.

Love is a two way street and right now you're acting like a creep in some back alley.

edit on Thu Feb 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pgobbs2277

OKAY! I read the entire thing. Primarily because of the title, and the fan that i am.

Important words your entire relationship/world is fabricated around... as follows..

Blond, The letters C L A R, Fantasy, Need Rescue(drugs, abuse etc), Hero complex, and of course... a sense of longing.

OP, you don't seem too bad, why i am saying that is, you actually were able to express yourself, most people who are in fact stalkers/criminals/harassers would have trouble, then again, you could have left but some dark things you did.. anyway.

It seems you liked this girl so much that you trying to superimpose her to different attributes in your life, when in return made it so seem like...

Thousands, literally, thousands of 'coincidences'. Tens of thousands and I just simply can't list them all on this post.

Thy were nothing but coincidences. You seems to want to rescue a lost little girl, you feel like you want to pamper her from outside "evil" world, and then you started to relate everything you have done in your life (games, music etc) to as something of important in regards, that the object in everything is her and her relation to you.

I played Zelda when i was 11, i know the fantasy setting you talk about... i have in fact try to "fit" girls i like into scenarios where i would be special to them and they to me. The only difference is that you went too far with it while most of us grew out of it after high school(i was this fantasy'er during my 13-16yr old phase).

You are trying to make her something more than she is... she clearly does not have the same connection your are feeling, you might be another guy(maybe a bit special) but still another guy to her. Otherwise you guys would have sparked better.

I knew a girl i played(online MMO game) with online for about 8 yrs, all on the computer, my mind wanted to relate to her, but i know this is just a sense of belonging talking, to my surprise, after 13 yrs, now i still talk to her once in a while of course it has been over 5 yrs since we quit the game. She is getting married soon, yet i think i "knew" her more than her fiance, well i did know her for about 13 yrs...(from high school thru college to her current marriage life).

These feeling take priority because, since they are not real, meaning not by your side, you can make yourself to be the "hero" and look at everything you way, while having this online "relationship"... its nothing but a one sided fantasy.

OP, my advice to you is, she is just another girl.
edit on 2/20/2013 by luciddream because: spelling

edit on 2/20/2013 by luciddream because: Errors

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ok pgobbs2277. It sounds like the stories finished.

Too bad there wasn't a happy ending... sorry about that, but just be happy you didn't end up being born in the Gaza strip, or a Chinese Factory dorm or in a North Korean prison camp.

Link didn't get Zelda and never will. Your story has ended..

So, you're 27 huh? That's older than most realize, life just isn't that long.

But don't panic just yet. Ever hear that saying "The chance of a lifetime"? The truth is, they happen fairly regularly.

Just remember for next time, we only get to keep what we are willing to let go.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim

I'm a psychic.. I'm getting a vibe about you. Your younger than 27, maybe 28. Am I right?

Dude, the best Zelda was the original. The LoZ on NES was so good it made the others what they were. Anyone who thinks A Link to the Past is the best Zelda missed the NES gap between Atari and SNES, when video games were actually difficult. Not impossible, not simplified by more buttons, difficult on a scale of impossible.

Beating the original LoZ on NES at age 7 was still the best moment of my life I contend.

edit on 20-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

Close on the Age, but definitely not psychic it seems... The Legend of Zelda is my second favorite, and I beat it many times.. NES was my first system after all. Probably the only Zelda game I havn't beaten was the 2nd one on NES. Don't know the name of it, but it's the rpg one.

Wish my NES still worked.. Sadly it died long ago, along with my SNES.

But no.. A Link to the Past is the best...
It's a Link to my past.

edit on 2/20/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

So, you're 27 huh? That's older than most realize, life just isn't that long.

Dude, 45 is the new 15

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
At first I was left speechless. Wow! Honey, that was indeed obsessive and scary that you don't recognize that fact. I too will suggest seeing a doctor or counselor. Wishing you all the best!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You think you are link??

If you are link im kirby

edit on 20-2-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

Back on topic, I think this conspiracy is interesting
edit on 20-2-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This epic OP reminded me of something youd read on 4chan.

Being honest I stopped reading about halfway through the 2nd post but after reading the replies I think Ill go back and reread it just so I can see how you turned into the crazy stalker type everyone is saying you come across as.

Like many others I clicked on the thread coz Im a massive Zelda fan.
LoZ was the first RPG I ever played and it was so good it turned me into a bit of an RPG junkie.
In fact I think Ill get the emulator tonight and give it another run through so thanks for that

Any chance of a thread thats actually about Zelda and not just using it as a metaphor?
Id read that all the way through even if it was as long as this OP

EDIT: how the firetruck did you get such a long 2nd post
it seems like its about 20,000 words
edit on 20/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
OP,

What you have written here is remarkable for so many reasons. I won't go on and on about it. If you would like to understand my own interest in stories you can go to my profile and read my introduction thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The type of story that you shared with us all, how you shared it, the content, is why I am at ATS at all.

What I would really like to know right now is: how do you feel after writing it all out like that?

Thanks again for sharing.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I kind of enjoyed this reading too
It had this mystery feeling about it

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There's been a lot of talk on ATS about gun control, and how the real issue is mental health in this country.

This is a prime example of someone that needs that mental help. I'm actually quite creeped out by this OP and it's follow ups.

I guess the dream of the 90's isn't alive in Portland anymore

ETA: I also enjoy Zelda. I actually learned how to play the theme song on my ocarina.

edit on 20-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
are we watching a man's decent into madness here ?

i'll make some popcorn

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

He made his own conspiracy! I think that deserves some respect

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I couldn't get past the entire first page telling me that he doesn't give a crap if I think he's crazy. That just clued me into the fact that I was about to read a whole bunch of crazy.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You need to understand that most people who become obsessed and stalk someone dont believe they are stalking. They have no intention of stalking. But they are still stalkers.

That said, I do, to some extent, understand the esoterics of what you are describing. I have been through something along these lines (although in a far more reality driven context). Ill just say i watched someone very close to me being influenced by one of the few true embodiments of evil that I have seen in my life, and I had to fight to bring this person back-and the strange part about it was the way, almost instantly, that this person snapped out of it at that moment when they 'came back' so to speak. It was like this person was an entirely different person for a period of about 3 months, and when I broke the influence of the 'evil' person, they came right back to who they were.

Having said all of that, I wouldnt feel right if I didnt say that two people have to want to be together for it to happen. No matter how much you want it, if the other person doesnt, you have no choice but to move forward. No amount of seeking out coincidences or trying to make a fantastical psuedo-reality out of it will change things. You are obsessed because of the reality your mind is creating, and that can be dangerous.
Good luck to you.
edit on 20-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join