It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous combustion theory in man's death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Spontaneous combustion theory in man's death

au.news.yahoo.com

Police in America are investigating what they believe could be a case of spontaneous combustion after the charred remains of a man were found in his home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Investigators say there was no other fire damage and there was no evidence of an accelerant being used.

Sheriff Lockhart told 5News: “The body was burned and it was incinerated. This is a case that I’ve never seen before.

"This is very bizarre. You’re thinking someone poured something on him, but there was no fire source."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
science.howstuffworks.com
www.ukskeptics.com

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Since cases of SHC are so rare I just had to post this.

I haven't read anything about it for years, and the books I read were horribly out of date. So I searched online, hoping that over the years someone has figured out what caused it.

It turns out it's still a mystery, however there's a theory that could explain how SHC could start, called the 'wick effect'.

Basicallly the theory states the body can act like a candle, with the clothing acting like the wick. I haven't got the time to explain further, so i'll post some links.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Blast from the past, I remember reading about this kind of stuff years ago and I've pretty much got the same conclusion I had then, who's to say it can't happen to someone?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
SHC is pure BS

more BS than saying "aliens done it"

lol

anyway...who knows what weapons could be out there..
me thinks, someones got a ray gun!
edit on 20-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
SHC is pure BS

lol

your argument is sooo convincing. explain how a human body burns to ashes without the rest of the house burning down. usually an external fire is the cause of the body being incinerated, but in cases like this there is only minor damage to the surrounding area with a sooty residue on everything. if it's bs it should be easy so explain away..... oh was that all you had, an argument from authority? those are usually bs themselves

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
SHC is a historically described phenomena that has been investigated by police and fire officials in modern cases.

This case has two characteristics that are fairly common in SHC cases....
-The person was older.
-The person was a heavy drinker.
Also present and linking to other cases, the victim was a smoker.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

SHC is pure BS

lol

your argument is sooo convincing. explain how a human body burns to ashes without the rest of the house burning down. usually an external fire is the cause of the body being incinerated, but in cases like this there is only minor damage to the surrounding area with a sooty residue on everything. if it's bs it should be easy so explain away..... oh was that all you had, an argument from authority? those are usually bs themselves

There used to be a TV Show called OSIR.
It was hosted by Dan Aykroyd.

OSIR = Office of Scientific Investigation and Research

One of the cases involved spontaneous combustion.
They are assassinations.
Nanites - robots can be put in a cocktail and enter your bloodstream.
They can be programmed to heal or to kill.

They can also cause a nuclear reaction in your blood stream and cause you to catch
on fire. Since the fire destroys the nanites then it becomes impossible for
investigators to prove anything at all !

No evidence = no crime

Link to the TV Series:
O.S.I.R.
edit on 20-2-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
SHC is caused by holding your farts in too much. That is why there is a higher incidence of SHC among men and women engaging in courting rituals, as they are attempting to woo potential mates and don't want to drop bombs. It's a real made-up fact, look it up if you don't believe me.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe the Ash was moved there?... i mean even if the person was Spontaneously combusted, the leg part should leave some degree of burn on the floor.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

SHC is caused by holding your farts in too much

LoL...........................................I haven't laughed so much in age's..........................LoL

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

It does leave a bizarre scene that puzzles some people but investigators at one time actually got a pig, and put the equivalent of clothes on it to act as the wick you mentioned, and it duplicated the results investigators say with human bodies burning in similar conditions. They may have to think a little to piece the facts together but I think most of these so called SHC cases are not hard to explain for a competent investigator. For an incompetent investigator, however, thoughts of mystery might enter their speculation, but the mystery to me in those cases is why people with apparently such little knowledge of fires are investigating fires.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

It does leave a bizarre scene that puzzles some people but investigators at one time actually got a pig, and put the equivalent of clothes on it to act as the wick you mentioned, and it duplicated the results investigators say with human bodies burning in similar conditions. They may have to think a little to piece the facts together but I think most of these so called SHC cases are not hard to explain for a competent investigator. For an incompetent investigator, however, thoughts of mystery might enter their speculation, but the mystery to me in those cases is why people with apparently such little knowledge of fires are investigating fires.

I have seen the wick experiment with the pig. I can see where a human body with adequate body fat could burn up in a similar fashion.
Notice that I said 'body', I meant dead body as the pig was in the experiment.

There have been multiple documented cases of SHC where there affected person was alive and survived.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Would love to see a link for that. I've read a lot about SHC and all I can say is I hope we can have one where there's actually a witness or two, as horrible as that sounds. The assassination theory is a different approach I've never even thought of, albeit a little 'out-of-the-box'. The one thing I find peciluar is the intense heat they usually burn at and the complete dissolving of bones.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Microwaves / Directed Energy weapons. Somebody wanted him silenced.

Just like how that one guy wanted Nikoli Tesla's Grand Daughter silenced. She too was cooked....

She was trying to stop a mad scientist in the US who was cooking people in their own homes.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

let me get this straight

you and about 8 star bearers

think the guy burst into flames....

i blame the flouride

edit on 21-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

There have been multiple documented cases of SHC where there affected person was alive and survived.

Have any of these documented cases undergone rigorous scientific study?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sounds like he was shot with an energy weapon like a phaser. Question is why would someone want to shoot him with phaser. Did this guy work at area 51 once?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I don't know of any cases at all that have undergone rigorous scientific study.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

reply to post by bottleslingguy

let me get this straight

you and about 8 star bearers

think the guy burst into flames....

i blame the flouride

edit on 21-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

why hasn't anyone been able to explain the aftermath of any of these claimed stories? the forensic evidence is baffling and doesn't fit the typical scenario that would burn a body (and in some cases extremities are left intact) leaving stockings or other pieces of clothing not burned. The body itself was burning and didn't travel much further than the immediate surroundings, that is much different from a body being burned from a surrounding structure fire. I think you could be unaware of certain details to these cases. And they are details that no one can explain and don't just brush that aside by calling the investigators incompetent.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I don't know of any cases at all that have undergone rigorous scientific study.

just by what you see in photos is enough to make these cases unconventional. how does a body become incinerated to ashes without having been burned from external sources? you have to be able to explain that before you make such conclusions

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join