It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Bible verse(s)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
For a sense of proportion;
"Man looketh on the outward appearance, but God looketh on the heart"- 1 Samuel ch16 v7

"Better a dinner of herbs, where love is, than a roast ox and hatred therewith"-Proverbs ch15 v17

For a state of resignation;
"If they kill us, we do but die"-2 Kings ch7 v4

For the rebuke of idiot pranksters;
"As a madman that casteth firebrands, arrows, and death, so is he that deceiveth his neighbour and says "Am I not in sport?" Proverbs ch26 vv18-19

I'm quoting these from memory, from a Bible translation that i haven't used regularly for many years.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain in me a willing spirit.

Show me Your ways, O Lord, and teach me your paths. Guide me in Your Truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation. You, You only and altogether do I wait expectantly all the day long.

Dear Lord, please send forth Your Truth and Your light, let them lead me, let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell.

All are from Psalms.
I got 'em memorized and say them every night before I fall asleep.

edit on 20-2-2013 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ezekial 25:17
I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.' "

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
A few of my favorites!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. Hebrews 11:1

Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Psalm 27:14

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

God is love. Whoever lives in God lives in love, and God lives in them. 1 John 4:16

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Do not be conformed to this world, be transformed by the renewal of your mind. Romans 12:2

The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:20

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23

Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

By His light, I walked through darkness. Job 29:3

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness does not comprehend it. John 1:5

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalms 119:105

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:8

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, not let it be fearful. John 14:27

There is no fear in love. Perfect love drives out fear. 1 John 4:18

Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break bones. Proverbs 25:15

This is my commandment: love each other as I have loved you. John 15:12

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. John 8:32

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He who guards his words guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin. Proverbs 13:3

If anyone is in Christ, he has become a new creation; old things have passed away, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for good and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. When you pray, I will listen. Look for me wholeheartedly and you will find me." Jeremiah 29:11

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. Matthew 23:12

Do not lose heart. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed everyday. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes on what is not seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16

Love your enemies, do good to those that hate you, bless those that curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Luke 6:27

Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:4

Christ said, "My grace is all you need, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions; for when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil, cling to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right and honorable in the sight of all. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. Never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:9
edit on 2/20/2013 by jcutler12888 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

A "few"? That's more than a few lol

Still, really good ones. Thanks.

Here's one I forgot to include my OP:

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." - James 4:10

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

I'm sorry, LOL. I didn't realize it was gonna be that long...once I got started, I just kept going! Haha. I hoped you liked them, though.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Absolutely. Thanks so much for sharing!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

You're welcome!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Acts 2:15 "These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!"

On a serious note:

Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."

Ecclesiastes 3:15 "Whatever is has already been,
and what will be has been before;
and God will call the past to account."

James 2: 1-4 "My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?"

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I Timothy 4:10

This truth is sure, and worthy of acceptance by all; for on account of it we labour and contend for the prize; because we hope on a living God, Who is a Saviour of ALL men, especially of faithful. [Ferrar Fenton Version, emphasis added]

John 12:3
When I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw ALL men to myself. [emphasis added]
edit on 23-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
"See we have left our homes and followed you"

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
My signature in Latin is John 8:32, so yeah

And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

Great idea for a thread.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is about as revolutionary as "The just shall live by faith," which sparked the Protestant Reformation:

I John 3:2

But we do know that when He is manifested, we shall be like Him; because we shall see Him as He actually is.
[Ferrar Fenton Version, emphasis added]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join