It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RuneScape Classic 2007 severs coming back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I saw this about 3 or 4 days ago and wanted to post this so people who want to and miss this game.

I stopped playing this probably around 2004 and now that I saw this I wish to come back.

services.runescape.com...=poll/rs2007-server

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the current amount of votes they have will require those who want to play the
2007 version of RuneScape an extra $15 on top of the $6/7 members already pay now. I believe
they need 750,000 votes to make the 2007 servers free.

An extra $15 to play RuneScape is a rip off imo, considering other MMOs that cost $15 and are vastly
superior to RuneScape.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
meh - i played RS for several years in 2004 - 7, until my PHAT got hacked.

a year ago i tried it out again, but just got bored again after 2 weeks. CLick Click Click Click..... In terms of graphic game play, PK and others its just to obvious cut for young audience.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

My son and his friends will be happy.. I played it for a couple of years also.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I would be more interested if they'd fix their damn Account Guardian. I forgot the answers to my security questions after activating the Guardian on my local library computers...and since you can't deactivate it without the security questions, I'm screwed. If I don't play at this library, I'll never play again without making another account.

It's irritated me so thoroughly that I've just found a bunch of other useless activities to absorb my free time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Runescape was fun for a while i guess. Great game especially with friends.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Whats different with the 07 servers than the servers they are running now?
I never play it myself, but heard it was a pretty good game.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

I started with Runescape in its 1st year, in the early 90`s, I started as a warrior, but at that time it was easy to keep all the skills high, when my account was hacked I waas a level 64, with total equal skill levels of all the skills at that time, I was kick arsh PURE player. Runningwishes was my player. i know it hasnt been used or played sense I lost it. I think whoever hacked it did it to put that player down. anyhow when i played there was 2 servers with less then 1000 players. I tried to play again in the 2000`s but it changed so drastically, over crouded and just wasnt fun anymore.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
check out RSCemulation...

If you actually still like RS.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I played the game back in 2006, but the new 2007 servers seem to be dying already.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
In other news, I've managed to disable the Guardian. Still hasn't really rejuvenated my interest though. They really need to up the ante on the non-paying members end of the spectrum. There just aren't enough perks anymore.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Runescape 3 is out now everyone.
Anybody check it out yet?

top topics

join