It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Master Key

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Apparently my thread "Total Stealth IP" got shut down for some reason.

Just for the record I was not asking that question to find out how to do it - which shouldn't have caused the thread to get closed down since it is impossible, susposedly - as one of the moderators called it - an oxymoron.

However, the only other alternative that explains the things that I have seen on my own and various other web sites, is that someone, somewhere has an Internet Master Key which allows them access to just about any website anytime they want it.

So, is this possible - and I don't want to know 'how to' I just want to know if it is possible.

So, which theory makes you feel more comfortable

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Listen the "Total Stealth IP" thread hasn�t been shut down (as you have stated in many threads), I would like to know what your motivation is for saying this.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Actually, a hacker/spider with a rude robot would do the same thing. No special govenrmental issues needed.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There are to many MAE's for what you are suggesting. I just dont think its possible. You would have to own MCI or AT&T to do what you are suggesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There is no one magic key to access restrictied infomration across the internet, it just doesnt work like that. There are too many options and unknows for that to be possible. Different operating systems (OSX, Linux, Unix, Windows, BSD,) different types of servers and different server daemons. Then theres the fact that each admin can conifgure systmes as they choose, making the idea of a master key to it all completely impossible beyond reason.

You should also define what you mean by access. The internet for the most part is open, you simply put in an address in the browser and your there. Access to hidden files or source of documents such as php or asp requires a higher level of access to the server its hosted on, which generally is reserved for admins and other staff.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
wait, alternateheaven, there's an operating system outside of windows/internet explorer? say it isn't so. hahaha.i don't do smileys but if i did it would be the winking one.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesterbr549
Apparently my thread "Total Stealth IP" got shut down for some reason.

However, the only other alternative that explains the things that I have seen on my own and various other web sites, is that someone, somewhere has an Internet Master Key which allows them access to just about any website anytime they want it.

So, is this possible - and I don't want to know 'how to' I just want to know if it is possible.

That which you seek, the power to rule the Internet, has been lost for ages. Even if you were to find it, only the dark lord himself can wield the power. It would corrupt you and make you a slave to his bidding.

Why do I feel that your intentions are less than honorable? Possibly, because you have not shown a valid interest in how things are done. You are simply seeking shortcuts, and back-doors. It seems you wish to have some sort of power through a program without understanding how it works.

If you truly have a valid interest in this process, then I would suggest you study the Request For Comment (RFC) in the area of your interest. Every detail on how the Internet works is written down in publicly available RFCs. If you are truly interested you won't find it too dry. I can give you one shortcut. You should check out the fantastic coding by P J Naughter. He has some very well written classes that use Internet communication.

LL1

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is starting to remind me of the "piolets", they wanted to be trained,
"just teach me to fly, I don't need to know how to land"?????

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Bah, you "leets"
gotta stop attacking him for wanting to know "short cuts" All you have to say is "yes it can be done" or "no it cant be done" You dont have to tell him how. He clearly stated that he doesnt want to know how, merely if it can be done or not. You dont know how the universe works, but you know it works.

So what if he may be a script kiddy, everyone was at one point.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
well there is sort of. the fbi has some programs as well as boxes they use at isps when they are investigating illegal activity. they can create copies of all packets moving to or from the destination in question.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
well there is sort of. the fbi has some programs as well as boxes they use at isps when they are investigating illegal activity. they can create copies of all packets moving to or from the destination in question.

Isnt thier stuff just a glorified packet sniffer program?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
No, I don't think it is possible to be completly "invisible", the server will need to know where to send the webpages etc, if you are invisible, it won't know where to send it, therefore you won't recieve it to see it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yes folks a 'master key' is possible, or have we forgotten that all computer language, regardless of OS comes down to the same principle, Bianary Language. No matter how complex a system is, how good it's security is, how propietary, it still boils down to 1's and 0's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but yes a master key is possible IMO.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
its more than a sniffer. its a suprisingly small program that creates copies of all packets that are in question in real time and routes them to an fbi server for analysis.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
One of my threads got closed down and i wasn't asking "how to". Anyway so if this is possible could somone just switch off the internet???

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
One of my threads got closed down and i wasn't asking "how to". Anyway so if this is possible could somone just switch off the internet???

LOL how many .iq sites did you see right after we invaded Iraq? Yes they can shut it down in the twinkling of an eye.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Large companies own MAE's. MAE'a are where people fron Compuserve and such by thier bulk ISPs from. MAE nodes are in every major metropolitan area in the world. To shut down the internet, you would have to control the MAE's as thats where everything is routed through. It is speculated that this is the true purpose for Echelon.

[edit on 10/31/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So someone could just throw a switch or something and the ENTIRE internet could be turned off and it would just say something like "failed to connect" when you tried to dial up.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
That which you seek, the power to rule the Internet, has been lost for ages. Even if you were to find it, only the dark lord himself can wield the power. It would corrupt you and make you a slave to his bidding.

Isnt the Dark Lord, Al Gore?? Be a slave to Al Gore?? OMG!!!

Buut...what you speak of does not exist. 1 "master key" could not do the thousands, or millions of different encryptions that are out there on the net.

Atomix...no, you can not turn off the internet with a switc. All the computers are all network together to Servers. All the backbones would need to be shut down, then the ISP servers would need to be shut off as well, then the lower servers would have nothing to connect to. But still, couldnt be "turned off" all the way.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by Al Gore
I took the initiative in creating the Internet.

I was pretty tired when I made that comment because I had been up very late the night before inventing the camcorder."(The Gore knows humor)

So in that case
[size=+2]=

[edit on 31-10-2004 by dbates]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join