It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant at God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

It would be nice if the human race would come together without a major catastrophe.

It would be nice for any existing god to rear its ugly head and present a nice target for our frustrations. Either claim the world you care for so deeply, or stop letting your pet devil have its way with us.

He has shown himself... some just don't look to see. The pet devil is the ignorance of man, nothing more.

I never knew completely my Pet Devil, although strangely enough its name was "The Ignorance Of Man". "IGGY" for short. Never could convince it --that litterbox is there for your own amusement (my convienience only; it never learned to empty it itself). God does not husband its human; the way in which It shows itself is by the lack of its presence a NO=THING=NOT AROUND HERE. Ignorance of mankind I can get behind that totally, even have a standard in mind for it; a black flag with a big yellow smiley face split patch saying underneath "HAVE A NICE DAY".
edit on 20-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Without suffering we would never know the true meaning of joy and happiness, much less appreciate it.

Here's how I see it. If a third of God's angels are capable of using their free will to fall from heaven after living and experiencing a perfect environment, why would we think that all would be perfect on earth if we were to experience the same?

The difference between us and the angels is that we'll get a second chance and the angels won't because they already hold the knowledge we don't. When it's all said and done, we will be held in higher regard than the angels for the experiences that we've endured through.

As far as the ways of this world leading people into hell, in my opinion, how do we know that the same people wouldn't be led to hell by Satan if they were an angel? How do we know that the free will of a human or angel would be different based on their level of knowledge of the truth in the first place? We don't. Free will, ego and pride are mysterious and powerful.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I think your posts have proven my point to the OP about "evil". Lol

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Without suffering we would never know the true meaning of joy and happiness, much less appreciate it. Here's how I see it. If a third of God's angels are capable of using their free will to fall from heaven after living and experiencing a perfect environment, why would we think that all would be perfect on earth if we were to experience the same?
reply to post by Deetermined

I realize your post is right above mine, but this above is how I feel as well. It makes perfect sense in an imperfect world in which we live and operate. Everything has a purpose.

I have literally been taken down to my knees several times in my 40 (almost... Will be next month lol) years. It caused me to learn really quick how to look for the light in the darkest of storms.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Technically speaking, everything that happens is a part of God's overall plan, but do not assume that everything is God's work. God allows the work of Satan to influence our lives and usually he allows Satan to do it in hopes that it will bring us back closer to God. God does not use scare tactics and you don't have to piss him off in order for him to allow you an experience by other spirits to help you better understand what he wants from you.

It sure would help if you shared your most recent "coincidence" in detail so we could all help in breaking it down and deciphering it's meaning.

edit on 21-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Technically speaking, everything that happens is a part of God's overall plan, but do not assume that everything is God's work. God allows the work of Satan to influence our lives and usually he allows Satan to do it in hopes that it will bring us back closer to God. God does not use scare tactics and you don't have to piss him off in order for him to allow you an experience by other spirits to help you better understand what he wants from you.

It sure would help if you shared your most recent "coincidence" in detail so we could all help in breaking it down and deciphering it's meaning.

"God" has killed over 20 million people in the Bible alone. How many did "Satan" kill? Huh? "God" has a longer rap sheet than any criminal we've ever heard of.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How many did "Satan" kill? Huh?

That depends on how you look at it. If it wasn't for the influence of Satan, none of us would be experiencing a human death to begin with.

John 8:44

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Yes, God created Satan. Yes, God allowed Satan to deceive us. However, we have to understand that God allows both good and evil so that we're able to tell the difference. Now we just have to choose which path we're going to continue to follow.

The ironic thing about your statement is that I can imagine you being the first to complain to God if he didn't allow us the opportunity to understand both and make our own choice as to which one to follow, even though you would prefer that we didn't know the difference.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

That depends on how you look at it. If it wasn't for the influence of Satan, none of us would be experiencing a human death to begin with.

And where did "Satan" come from? Was he not created by "God"? Did "God" not know what would happen if he created such a being? The moment he chose to do it, he invited thousands of years worth of torment upon those whom he deliberately designed to be susceptible to such.

"God" can fix the problem any time he chooses to, but he's waiting...for what? If he is so eager to have peace and happiness on Earth, then what is keeping him fro pressing the reset button? Wouldn't that spare all of his children? Wouldn't that deter all of the pain and suffering we've seen over the past thousand years? Is that not worthwhile enough for him to expend the tiniest fraction of his power and redesign our world?

No. He has to pander to his own pride, his own selfish desires. Because in all of the Bible, I have only ever seen him do anything when he stands to gain from it himself. If it doesn't serve him personally, he is unwilling. And notice that he doesn't ask anyone what they want, he tells them what he wants. Nothing else matters. When's the last time "Satan" made any demands?

We've never even heard his side of the story. Where's the equality in that? We've never listened to his tale. What makes us suitable judges in the matter? We don't even know the whole story and we're already shoving our souls at this "God" person.

"Satan" doesn't make threats. He doesn't make promises. He doesn't demand our loyalty in return for an eternity of servitude. He doesn't even try to convince us. He does as he was designed to, by his master in the sky. He's a good little scapegoat. I'm not surprised he rebelled - if he knew the future "God" had given him, it's complete understandable for him to rebel. Someone had to take the fall, and he was the perfect candidate. Always had been.

I feel for him.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yes, God created Satan. Yes, God allowed Satan to deceive us. However, we have to understand that God allows both good and evil so that we're able to tell the difference. Now we just have to choose which path we're going to continue to follow.

My thoughts... nothing more.

Everything in this reality is dual.

The opposite of knowledge (our choice supposedly) is ignorance.

Forget about Satan. God doesn't need another entity trying to compete with him, it's not possible... that is an ignorant way of thinking per the Bible writers. Its just silly, in my opinion. There is no need for a "devil", we have ignorance.

He allows the ignorance because its the nature of things. When we make a "mistake" its not considered one unless we learn from it, otherwise its called a pattern.

Out of a mistake in ignorance, we learn.

Its seems as though the drama comes from man, and his idea about the creator being as dramatic as him, when in my view... its not logical. A supreme creative force is above the man made drama and wars.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That's the point I've been making. For someone who is so almighty and powerful, for someone so perfect, "God" acts a lot like the militant politicians often spotted around the DC area...

edit on 21-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

That's the point I've been making. For someone who is so almighty and powerful, for someone so perfect, "God" acts a lot like the militant politicians often spotted around the DC area...

Yeah, the Biblical writers could have done a better job with portraying the creator. I can't imagine how he feels about it. Does he feel? I wonder if this force has a sense of humor about it... like face palming and everything. Asking, "seriously, this is what you think of me"?

Its a shame so many follow word for word a book written by men. Don't get me wrong, I think there are some valuable writings in all of the ancient texts, but it goes to show you how men are and how they view their God. Each probably have truth, but not the whole truth. Being knowledgeable and inspired in some areas while being ignorant in others.

Some will say" The bible is the inspired word of God".

I say, we are all inspired. This inspiration comes from the force of nature that created all things. To breathe is said to mean "inspire". God, the father of creation can then be said to inspire us all.

I am inspired by a song. I have been inspired by your words AI. This is the ah ha moments when we feel a sense of revealing or revelation coming from out of no where... but everywhere.

For the atheist, they are too inspired. If they do not accept its from the creator, they never the less accept the experience and for the creator, thats good enough. In my view anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Thanks for all the responses. I was brought up Christian, but I never believed in the Biblical Jesus who brought Lazarus back from the dead etc, for whatever reason I found it all as far fetched as the tooth fairy. Probably because when your a kid you grow up and find out lots of the things your taught to believe in turn out to be fairy tales..and the things Jesus did are just as believable as santa clause delivering presents to every kid in the world in one night, with flying reindeer. So that's how it is with religion and me, and many other people too. But God was a different thing, I took it for granted that there was an all seeing, all knowing God, regardless of religion. And I took it that God would look out for his people...So I had faith in God...even up until recent years. I pretty much lived a Christian life always, not perfect but was close more often than not...So I believed in being a "good person", not because of religion, but just because it kept me from getting into loads of trouble..so being a christian was simply the practicle way to go..but drama and trouble invade my life repeatedly, even though I do my best to live a quiet life...and this is whats bothering me. I often feel like I am being pushed towards disaster. Today something else happened, another "coincidence" ....Imagine you had a life long fear of bats, for instance, and today one flew in through your window..that inst what happened, but the point is my fears are being made real, specific and bizzare things, which I am seeing happen this last few years and this last few days too. Someone is watching over me now, and putting these events into motion, and as I know that only God has that much influence I must assume its Gods work. I must have pissed him off a lot, without realizing it. Either that or someone put a lot of effort into cursing me..and if thats true..then surley God could break this curse now. its been 4 years already...
edit on 20-2-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

I understand I was raised Christians went to Sunday school, your right it was as if they were competing between Jesus and Santa. Not until a pastor challenged me in my shallow knowledge of the bible did I realize my faith was being marginalized by a religious mindset that was trying to make Jesus and God this tangible yet mystical idea.

I too was a good kid, feared God, never got into trouble, but God without Jesus is not complete. The hope is found In Jesus. The Old Testament God is always pointing to a savior, a hope. Every story hints to Jesus, the Messiah. Unfortunately for you me and most who went to church, Jesus was marginalized and chalked up to a neat story. The church has a way of replacing the power of Gods word with its own power. Don't settle for that. Look into the bible and read it for yourself. No pastor, no religion need to explains things to you. Im encouraging you to just get some clarity on who Jesus is and what he means to you and your understanding of how God works.

I honestly feel for you and understand it seems you can't win, my life even inside of Christ sometime feels that way. God is not a genie who will take away all you trouble if you act really nice. S#it still happens, it happens to me too.
Having the power or the perspective to see through the pain to the end is what Jesus has done for me.

That's it man I'm done preaching. I will pray that things get better for you.
Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

I understand I was raised Christians went to Sunday school, your right it was as if they were competing between Jesus and Santa. Not until a pastor challenged me in my shallow knowledge of the bible did I realize my faith was being marginalized by a religious mindset that was trying to make Jesus and God this tangible yet mystical idea.

I too was a good kid, feared God, never got into trouble, but God without Jesus is not complete. The hope is found In Jesus. The Old Testament God is always pointing to a savior, a hope. Every story hints to Jesus, the Messiah. Unfortunately for you me and most who went to church, Jesus was marginalized and chalked up to a neat story. The church has a way of replacing the power of Gods word with its own power. Don't settle for that. Look into the bible and read it for yourself. No pastor, no religion need to explains things to you. Im encouraging you to just get some clarity on who Jesus is and what he means to you and your understanding of how God works.

I honestly feel for you and understand it seems you can't win, my life even inside of Christ sometime feels that way. God is not a genie who will take away all you trouble if you act really nice. S#it still happens, it happens to me too.
Having the power or the perspective to see through the pain to the end is what Jesus has done for me.

I can get the exact same thing out of a jug of milk. It's all in the mind...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Originally posted by MamaJ
Its a shame so many follow word for word a book written by men.

An even greater shame is when people believe the words of a LIAR called "the deceiver" AKA the father of all lies instead of actually believing the truth.

Satan hates God, he hates God’s people and he especially HATES God's word because GOD wrote it and because it is true and it changes lives.

Satan can’t stand the truth, because everything he does is based upon deception.

If scripture were NOT God-breathed, Satan would not HATE it and continually attack it the way he has throughout history, like he did in Genesis 3 where he questioned it and then outright DENIED it.

The phrase “given by inspiration of God” literally says that all scripture is “God-breathed.”

The words of atheists are anything BUT God-breathed.

If scripture were NOT God-breathed Satan would not study it and quote it to Jesus like he did with this verse:

The Lord will command His angels to take good care of you. They will lift you up in their hands. - Psalm 91:11-12

If scripture were NOT God-breathed, Jesus would never have used Scripture to counter Satan’s attacks:

Jesus answered, "It is written: ‘One does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:4)

Scripture IS God-breathed, The prophecies in the bible have been 100% accurate and it is scientifically IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to have fulfilled them by chance.

The laws of probability PROVE that this is a fact.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathematically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time. Source

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. " Accuracy Of Prophecy

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh, look at all that proof you don't have...

Come back when you have some evidence.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Oh, look at all that proof you don't have...

Come back when you have some evidence.

Apparently Satan's not the ONLY one that can’t stand the truth...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Apparently Satan's not the ONLY one that can’t stand the truth...

And apparently, he's not the only one who can't substantiate...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Cute video, good thing I don't belive in Chrstianity.com

The yes no or wait is exactly what im talking about when I said religion tries to make things tangible and yet mystical,. Yes no and wait is not doctrine, its an excuse to stop praying. To stop the dialogue. It's like the magic 8 ball.

God is more interested in a conversation with us. Even if we don't agree with his answers he's a big boy he can handle our disagreements. He wants to hear it all. Not just ask, then walk away like he some palm reader.

If you read the Old Testament you will see this dialogue from Habakuk, David in the Psalm, and Abraham. They argue with God, pleaded.

That's what Jesus does for us he allows us to engage in a dialog with God.

AI, your heart is so far from wanting to understand this, I'm sure you reply will be cynical and mocking.

Still I'm glad you replied.

Edit: regretting my last part about your heart. I'm in no position to judge your heart, AI, I'm sorry.

edit on 21-2-2013 by Observationalist because: Post regret.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If that is what you want to believe... fine, I disagree.

You say it is 100% accurate.

I will await for proof from you.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My friend I understand your frustrations but you can not blame God. You do not have to fall into the trap set about by the evil forces in this world. The whole point of this life is to discover the God within each of us. You must look within and realize you are the holy spirit, as is every other person in the world. God blew breath into our lungs, which gave us the miraculous soul which guides us. God created us in his image, not meaning that God had human form but God created us to create, like him. We can create our own reality from within. Your happiness should not be based on the constant borage of bad news crushing our souls from the mainstream. Look at nature, look at the stars, look at the magnificence of humans, decent humans of course and the power we have. It is truly a magnificent world. Be grateful for the opportunity to be here and connect with others, for they are images of God as well. Ignore the outside world for a few weeks. Read about consciousness and your spirit. Learn about human vibration and energy. Do not let the outside forces bring down you vibration, because you will be helpless. Being happy will give you the strength to make a difference, start small by being kind to everyone. And don't think those thoughts of killing others. Look at it like this, humans are physical vessels for the holy spirit. Denying the holy spirit is the one unforgivable sin. Hurting others is therefore the one unforgivable sin. Your opportunity here on earth is to embrace the holy spirit that lies within us, or when your time here ends you may find yourself in complete and utter lonely darkness. Take the opportunity to spread happiness among others now.

I hope this helps. Once I recognized the holy spirit within every person I encounter and myself things started to make sense. Religions will put the holy spirit on the outside, allowing humans to hurt each other in the name of the holy spirit. The reality is WE are the holy spirit, so a harm done to another human is a slap in the face to God. Please don't do that.

Much love

AWA

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join