It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis and alien visitation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis hundreds of times. And I've seen a grey alien before. So I'll talk about both and you can decide if there is a connection between the two. (look to bottom paragraph for just about aliens)

I've had nightmares for as far back as I remember, which is age 2. I stopped being afraid when I had nightmares when I was 12, so now they're just dreams to me. Often in these nightmares the monster/alien/demon or whatever was scaring me in the dream would put me into paralysis, no moving or slow moving and no screaming/yelling, just able to move my eyes.

Because these nightmares were awful to experience, I learned how to "survive". I found out how to wake myself from my dreams, and later, how to control my dreams. Often when I would wake myself up, I would be in sleep paralysis first, and I would be half-asleep still, still able to experience a dream if I submit myself to it.

I could sometimes move my arms or move my feet back and forth, stuff that wasn't heavy or didn't take a lot of muscle to do. The only way to wake up my whole body was to move my head. It is very difficult to move my head when in sleep paralysis but with enough will power I have been able to do it almost every time.

I had been afraid of aliens for as long as I can remember, which is age 2 like I said. I don't know why. They've always appeared in my nightmares, usually the "greys". One time when I was 5, I remember going to sleep in my own bed in my room. I had a nightmare that I was on the couch in the living room and an alien was at the other end of the couch and I got up and was trying to run to my parent's room and then I started running very slowly and I tried to yell but only a small breathing sound came out like when you whisper. I then woke up on the couch. I never sleep walk, I don't even snore, and I barely move. Other people are witness to this.

The alien I saw was a typical grey alien, and I was 8 years old, so 2003. Unlike the 4 and a half feet tall ones people usually see, this one looked about 2 feet tall. I'm basing this on its head size. I woke up randomly in the middle of the night, I had left my light on because sometimes I would do that when I read. My room was in the basement so the windows were high and small. I looked at the window nearest to my bed and I saw a small grey alien with black eyes and tiny nostrils with just its head pressed against the window and I could feel it was looking at me. I had heard about these before from my mother because of her experience with full sized ones, so I was immediately afraid and leaped out of bed and out of my room and shut the door. I stayed away from all windows and didn't really do anything until dawn.

So yeah. That's my experience with sleep paralysis and aliens.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Zaushmar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis quite a bit as well. Its similar to some of my psychedelic experiences but also very different in some ways. I think there is a lot to be said about the psychedelic bio-chemistry already endogenous to the human brain. At the risk of sounding overly reductionistic/materialistic, I see the brain as a violin, and our sense of self sort of like the music. I think its a perceptual tool capable of things we can barely imagine by adjusting how it "tunes" into reality.

If anyone is interested in the evolutionary context of altered states/abduction/alien experiences, and the biochemistry/brain mechanisms behind such a phenomenon, i have to recommend this book by Tony Wright (its free): leftinthedark.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Muscle paralysis is a normal body function when you are asleep that prevents your body from physically acting out what is in your mind (dreams). When you become conscious that you are asleep and try to wake up, you will experience sleep paralysis.

For more information read this paper Physiology of REM sleep, cataplexy, and sleep paralysis

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hello
This happened 4-9-15. I have posted it on a thread in the grey area and it really was not on topix.
I would like to know if anybody has heard or experienced it.

I recently had a very realistic visitation from an alien being in a dream.
In my dream I was in bed at the house I grew up in, heard somebody coming up the steps and remembered thinking it was a family member and I had to remind them of something, I rose to the foot of the bed and was looking at the doorway into my room.
The hall light was on and I saw a being enter my room through the doorway, I knew that it was not a family member.
The being was in a heavy robe, I do not recall legs, but the arms were unusually long with long spindly fingers, the body appeared to insect shaped as the sash was tighten and the thinnest of the waist was apparent.
The being arced their left arm and I was brought to a fetal position on my left side with my arms extended in front off me.
The being sat on the bed much the same as a mother would tucking their child in.
The right hand was place on my extended hands, not forcefully but I could not pull my arms away, I struggled to do so, their left hand raise to their face, which was insect shaped, gesturing as one would to be quite and still.
I continued to struggle to free my arms as they preformed , as best as I can describe as a incantation.
I freed myself and awoke jumping out of my bed, breathing heavily.
That was 9 days ago, I believe the being cured me of two chronic addictions, 1 being a 35 year habit and the other 20.
I have no withdraw symptoms or desire to return to them.
I wonder if anybody has ever heard of this.
I also wonder if it was real or a manifestation on my own.
If real why.
Thanks

edit on 17-4-2015 by Dm6101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2015 by Dm6101 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am unconvinced humanity is currently interacting with extra terrestrial intelligences at this point in time which leads me to believe a great many supposed encounters have really been to result of sleep related conditions. Sleep paralysis seems the most logical of these to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join