It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis and alien visitation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I need to ask a very serious question here and I hope it makes sense since it has been a problem with me for the past two years. I had sleep paralysis two years ago and recently I have had it more often. Is there any link between this sleep disorder and alien visitation? I really need to know if there is any connection and if there is and there is viable proof then I will have to do something about it.
I have seen in my area a very bright and big ...very white light nearly over my home and this is not the first time it has happened. There were some other things that have happened but I need to know if there is any connection?
thank you to anybody who can help me in this.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How I would approach the situation is purchase a trail camera and set it up in my room to see what's up.
I'm sure if you search ATS for the title you used you'll find a lot of info.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You might find this excellent post by skyfloating to be interesting. Folk weighing in from every angle and many with SP experience.

Alien Abduction: An astral phenomenon?

Good luck in your search for answers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
When I was much younger I used to have spouts of sleep paralysis while a shadow figure stood at my door. My father has spoken of the same thing but with a gargoyle on his chest instead. I think they are all very common with sleep paralysis - aliens, shadow figures, gargoyles etc.

edit on 19-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people, either when falling asleep or wakening, temporarily experience an inability to move.

oh! so they have a name for that.
it's an actual condition.

yah! i used to be 'paralyized' when just waking up in the middle of the night.

turns out that there was a 'satan' looking thing holding my arms down.

i trained myself to 'wake up swinging', i mean throwing punches and ...

that took care of that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
when younger i often has sleep paralysis, i found a way to break free from it with much success.

concentrate all your efforts on breathing more heavily and rapidly, then try to move your arm closest to the edge of the bed, to fall off the bed. works all the time.
used to scare the crap out of me when i was a kid, got a little scared to go back to sleep. but never have i seen anything when in paralysis.

though i did have a horrible alien visitation dream once that felt very similar to sleep paralysis,
the dream.... i was on the way to the bathroom of my sisters house when i saw an alien grey out of the back door window just staring at me from the garden, i tried to yell out to wake everyone but was frozen and felt an incredible fear, then i woke as my sister walked into the room. i started explainging the dream to her when suddenly i was at the back door again with the alien looking at me, it felt like it tricked me. i woke up again and the same thing happened a few times as i was brought back to the door with the alien staring at me. the last few moments were like sleep paralysis as i was back in bed but unable to do anything. was a horrible dream..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seekingpeace

Here is the real scoop thanks to researcher Kaltheen Marden.

* Yes, abductees fit ALL of the signs of sleep paralysis

* Individuals wake up in bed

* They sense that something or someone is in the room

* They cannot move

* They try to cry out but cannot

* They hallucinate seeing ghosts or white heads coming about

* They then wake up in normal consciousness

edit on 19-2-2013 by greyer because: video

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think that the OP is right, there might be a connection.

I had speed paralysis once, and it is a frightening feeling (no aliens, sorry). It lasted for maybe 30-45 seconds. I heard a very, very loud buzzing sound, and of course, I could not move. My wife was lying next to me and I was screaming for her, but a sound would not come out.

I hope I never experience sleep paralysis again, or an alien abduction for that matter.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I used to have this up to 8 times per night as a child, I don't really have it too much these days but I also did some research into it as it's obviously quite a scary thing to experience when you have no idea why it's happening.

Basically this is a state your body enters which they call in meditation "Mind Awake Body Asleep" - this is the stage that precedes astral projection. The "entity" or "entities" which you feel or see are what is called the "Gatekeeper" or "Dweller on the threshold". You must overcome these, by mastery of your own fears before your body truly separates and is allowed to venture off so to speak. The buzzing or vibration someone else mentioned is the etheric body separating from the physical vehicle. This buzzing and vibration can get very intense but it's all basically ok - the main problem in this situation is and always will be fear, and the mastery thereof.

You shouldn't be worried, nothing can truly harm you as long as the silver chord is attached. It will only loose when you die, and this is mortal "Death". I suggest you search some Robert Monroe for further info, Hemisync is also a helpful starting point.

In' Lakesh.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure how to say this without coming off insensitive. That is not my intentions so please realize that

From all the cases I've studied and from my own experience, it is highly unlikely that a person who goes through this extremely confusing state-of-being (paralysis) would start equating it to lights in the sky.
It doesn't (usually) work that way. Here's why.

We are so busy disbelieving what occurred that the remote possibility of UFO interaction doesn't even cross ones mind. Not yet. Not from the get-go anyway.

So if the average person who experiences night paralysis doesn't even think of alien beings----suffice it to say, they're not going to start considering lights in the night sky earlier that week. That's not how our primitive reasoning via deduction works.

In fact, we don't even think it's sleep paralysis at first. Our first reaction is,is: it's a dream. Some funky dream-like state that we've never experienced before and somehow, some reason, occurred that night!
The possibility of it being some clinical 'sleep paralysis' comes in much later when others (via books, articles or friends) start telling you this.

At no point does the 'victim' jump ahead and start thinking about UFOs. Our organic receptors and processors don't work like that unless of course perhaps, you're a hybrid. Now that's a possibility.
How old are you OP?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It may very well be an ET experience, like most people that are not ready to KNOW the truth, these beings can block it form your memory, while others such as myself are aware of everything (or so we think). They work on many people around the world without anyone ever even remembering anything and they have been doing it for a very long time. These beings are so advanced you should count your self lucky should you have such an experience. They even take up the no believers such as the reborns and they never remember a thing.

Also we have other kinds of interdimensional beings who do there own work or can scare people, most of the time its all good though.

you are not ready yet to meet them, it will be too frightening for you so you should thank them for your lack of memory.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i have had sleep paralysis too, but no aliens,

every single person experiences sleep paralysis at least once in their life, its just that not everyone remembers, some do some don't.

a strange natural phenomenon

that doesn't mean that ET don't abduct people using simualr techniques however
edit on 20-2-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
i have had sleep paralysis too, but no aliens,

every single person experiences sleep paralysis at least once in their life, its just that not everyone remembers, some do some don't.

a strange natural phenomenon

that doesn't mean that ET don't abduct people using simualr techniques however
edit on 20-2-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

Not sure where you're getting your statistics from Skuzzie but its been suggested that everyone on this planet is--- in one way or another--- in comunicato with extraterrestrial beings for they are our originators. Some realize it. Most, don't.
So I guess it depends on whose 'stats' one reads, huh

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Each night, I leave out milk and cookies for them. When I awaken, the cookies are gone and the milk glass drained. Oatmeal raisen are among their favorites. I find that they are much easier with the anal probe if I am thoughtful in the cookie department. Ask for my recipe. Your a$$ will thank me.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Not sure where you're getting your statistics from Skuzzie but its been suggested that everyone on this planet is--- in one way or another--- in comunicato with extraterrestrial beings for they are our originators. Some realize it. Most, don't.
So I guess it depends on whose 'stats' one reads, huh

Actually, HA, Skuzzle's "statistics" have a lot more scientific basis than does your, "...it's been suggested that everyone on this planet is--- in one way or another--- in comunicato with extraterrestrial beings for they are our originators. Some realize it. Most, don't..."

"Suggested" by who? You? Did you get that "statistic" from the same place you produced all those insanely laughable videos you've made a big deal of?

Physio-pyschological explanations on one end, countered by our, ahem, "Alien Originators" on the other end aren't the only theories out there. Interdimensional coexistance to be just one example.

I with you in that I generally don't like statistics, though. Yours either.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Many skeptics believe that sleep paralysis explains the alien abduction phenomena. But it's really not a very close match. The hallucinations related to sleep paralysis are more bizarre and various, and rarely include figures like the grays.

And sleep paralysis certainly doesn't explain the vast number of abductions that occur when individuals are awake

But there's plenty of articles about this subject. Many online. So do a bit of google searching and decide for yourself.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

A lot of people believe that sleep paralysis can explain instances of alien visitation.
I have sleep paralysis regularly (lately it has become less often, but for seemingly longer periods which sucks) maybe one to four times a month now. When I was younger it was several times a week sometimes several times a night.

It is very common for people to "feel" a presence. I personally just feel this mysterious presence like a something, possibly a man is coming, or is at my door. If the door is open they are standing just at the edge of my bed but out of my line of vision and sense I can't move my head I can't see anything maybe I just don't have the imagination for it lol. Some cultures say demons, etc. So if a person believes in aliens or thinks of them it is possible that might be what they sense and since the part of your brain (or chemicals really) that makes you dream are still working while you are awake you may create aliens and see them as some claim to see demons or figures.

Sorry this is kind of a rambling post I am on my phone and doing multiple things.
I wouldn't worry about it. When you have sleep paralysis focus on one thing, one movement and put your strength into it until you break the "trance" or paralysis or whatever.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seekingpeace
I need to ask a very serious question here and I hope it makes sense since it has been a problem with me for the past two years. I had sleep paralysis two years ago and recently I have had it more often. Is there any link between this sleep disorder and alien visitation? I really need to know if there is any connection and if there is and there is viable proof then I will have to do something about it.
I have seen in my area a very bright and big ...very white light nearly over my home and this is not the first time it has happened. There were some other things that have happened but I need to know if there is any connection?
thank you to anybody who can help me in this.

Hi there.

Sleep paralysis is a very disturbing phenomenon but no, it is not linked to alien visitation. I experience this at least 10 times a year. It is very annoying and as much as it frightened me when I was younger, it doesn't bother me in the slightest any more. What you need to remember is that it is muscle weakness either at the point you fall asleep or the point you wake up. In short you are awake and it is as though your body is not! The visions you have and the noises you hear are all in your head. They occur because of panic/terror and your brain goes into a hyperactive state because of this. It's sort of a defence mechanism because you are 'paralysed'.

The times that I have experienced this I have normally been able to associate with stress.

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis on and off for most of my life. Most of mine were in my younger years when I wasn't getting much sleep, staying out late, working overnight shifts and that kind of thing. Stress does seem to play a part and have also experienced it during those times. It has been about a year since I have had one.

I have had some bizarre experiences but never one that included alien abduction. I do think that it is responsible for some percentage of the phenomenon. I think this because a lot of the accounts do sound like what I experience minus the aliens.

Now I'm going to be (wildly?) speculative. As for the other accounts that don't fit into the sleep paralysis model, I do think they are related in that they occur at night while sleeping. I don't think they are 'just dreams' either but what I think I see is a common thread in that these "beings" are as elusive as any girl I have conjured up in MY dreams.

I understand the counter argument is that they don't all happen at night while people are sleeping. But I don't always sleep at night either and as far as I know, there is no independent verification that that abductees were awake. Let's also add that people also "dream" while they are awake and we call those "Hallucinations". Please throw out any negative connotation with that word.

Now let’s take Dr. John Mack's research where he concludes that these are real events insomuch as he could tell. Mack conluded encounters with strange entities were real.

Now let’s compare that with Dr. Rick Strassman's research with '___'. When '___' was administered, his research subjects all experienced encounters with strange beings that were similar to the the beings involve with alien abductions. Even though they knew they were on a drug, they felt that their encounters were...real. Apparently Starssman couldn't get anywhere with his research until he treated these as "real" encounters and concluded that these were also real encouters with real entities.

So '___' is some pretty powerful stuff because it is causing people not only "see" entities but also causing them to believe in the reality of these things. Either that or it is allowing them a view into some other bizarre reality.

Let’s also consider that '___' occurs naturally, apparently, everywhere including in the human body and is related to the neurotransmitters involved with sleep.

Structurally, '___' is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT), the hormone melatonin,
en.wikipedia.org...

You can buy melatonin at any drug store or vitamin shop. It is usually marketed as a sleep aid.

'___' has been detected in the spinal fluid of dying patients just before the moment of death. So it seems to have something to do with the Near Death Experience. Of course nobody can prove that this would have anything to do with alien abductions or UFO sightings since we can't attach a spinal tap to people right before they have an abduction experience. But we can speculate.

So if we look at the commonalities, we could reasonably assume that these may be related. That is, sleep neurochemistry, '___' experiences and alien abductions.

Of course, I'm not the one experiencing this and it would be up to the person experiencing it to decide for themselves the reality of what it is. But this is a fascination of mine and this is a public forum.

edit on 21-2-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
thanks one and all for all of your much appreciated answers! I seem to be grasping at straws as of late ...I have indeed not been sleeping well and missed time in rem is a definite no-no....
but that does not explain the other things that I have experienced. But I will keep a log of when ...where...time....
see if they correlate with other things in my life!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join