It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Ascension and Declination and Astronomy debunks Astrology.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

This actually makes a lot of sense. The analogy is spot on, I never heard it stated this way. I like talking with you split, as I like learning proper terminology and expanding my own knowledge on any given subject. Thank you for breaking that down for me, I feel like a light bulb went on.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

So before we went onto offical terminology I asked:

Then is psychic ability/phenomenon directly related to Astrology? Alternate Divergent Universal Realities are actually mathematically possible, the science in understanding why these psychic phenomenon occurs is next to none.

I.E. When there's a full moon and mercury goes into retrograde, individuals seem to become more confrontational and apt to argue and say thing in a week or 2 they might regret~ (common among astrology lore)
They also say not to make any major financial decisions during the time Mercury enters and exits retrograde as bad decisions are typically made during this time.

Naw...It's all crap! LOL!

BUT...there might be some CHAOS THEORY related issues as far as when a person is born as far as what time of the year and what Gravitational Effect and Cosmic Radiation effects might have been differing to cause those who were also borth at this time to have similar traits.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Your most welcome.

I like talking with you as well.

You use logic in your thoughts and believe me that is tough to come by these days! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I definately understand that matter has to exist in all the dimensions... I'm having a hard time getting the right words out... Let me try this. What your saying is Alternate Divergent Universal Reality are contained within the 10-11 different Dimensional States and Pending the Tree and Branch your on would ultimately shape the physics of that tree or branch?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

LOL

I would be interested to know "why" these individuals show similar traits as that's where I would think the Ancients before us derived there syste of Astrology and Signs. Do you think our sciences would ever advance to a level to be able to answer this question in the current divergent universal reality we reside in?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Well...let me see if I can clear this up.

Each Tree...which represents an Infinite Group of Divergent Universal Realities...has a completely different set of Natural Laws from our own Tree of which our Universe is but a single branch upon. The Branches of one tree RARELY cross or touch the branches of another tree and when this happens...there tends to be trouble in the form of Universal Reality Bleed into another Universal Reality...bad stuff if it is happening to your Universe.

Now as far as 10 or 11 Dimensional States...every single Universal Reality existing within our Group or Tree has the same Physics or Natural Laws and I say 10 or 11 but there are probably more.

These Higher Dimensional States exist to allow such things as Photons and Electrons to be both Particle and Wave. As well as such abilities of Matter and Energy for Fission and Fusion to occur as well as the existence of Gravity, Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

The other Divergent Universal Realities within our Group also have the same number of Dimensional States and that being...AT LEAST...10 or 11...remember there are probably more. But these Dimensional States allow for such particles as Quarks to Blink in and Out of our Universal Existence as they exist at and inbetween a numerical minimum and maximum within all Protons and Neutrons...thus Quarks are probably transfering or coexisting inside Protons and Neutrons in multiple universal states.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I would be happy if someone could just tell me where I left my sunglasses! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Astrology is, as Dr. Sheldon Cooper would say...

-SAP-
edit on 19-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hmm, he just shot himself down right at the end in that last scentance.

"we think they are talking nonsense, and they know they are not"

Would you trust someone who thinks they know?

Science is just a theory too you know. All be it, a big headed one, that thinks it knows.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I've never really put much stock in astrology. And I definitely don't put any stock in internet or newspaper horoscopes. To my mind, the placement of the constellations has absolutely zero effect on who we, as people, become. Our upbringing, cultural influences, and experiences as adolescents have far more influence. Take, for example, my own sign, Scorpio:

According to various books on astrology, websites, and fluff-horoscopes, here are some qualities about Scorpios:

• We can come in three blends: the dangerous, or poisonous type who manipulate and abuse our charm and authority over other people; the friendly and calm type who prefer to be secure in ourselves without worry about others; and the blended type, who mix self-confidence with occasional manipulation.

So, according to this, I am either very aggressive, pushing to acquire what I want; or very relaxed, taking only what I am capable of attaining for myself; or, I am a bit of both, an opportunist who seeks the use of others occasionally, while commonly just doing things to the best of my ability. That describes every living human being with sentience and a developed will.

• "Some think you are a quiet, passive sign" and "You are quite adventurous and bold."

Huh, quite a hypocritical set of statements there. Which is it? Am I quiet and passive, or adventurous and bold?

• Strength of character includes: charm, confidence, magnetism; weaknesses of character include: lack of action, manipulative nature, and being distrustful.

According to this, every good quality I possess is countered by the exact opposite negative quality. I have confidence and courage, yet I am too scared to take action. I have charm and magnetism, yet I am manipulative and distrustful.

Are we beginning to see the problem here? Astrology is a series of weights aligned to balance us perfectly in the middle. For every "good" thing about us, we automatically possess the diametric opposite... just in case we don't see ourselves as exuding the beneficial element. As I said, my characteristis, or nature, were far more developed by my friendships, familial relations, and the neighborhood I was raised in.

My friends were very studious, with a dedication to their causes. They are why I, even when I couldn't afford college anymore, continued to teach myself about history and anthropological studies. I am an autodidact not because I am a Scorpio, but because of my friends, who always pushed me to do what I could, even if the traditional route was no longer possible.

My parents were very generous, and always opened their doors, and their hearts, to anyone we knew who needed a hand. Yet they were always certain to push so that the one they were helping, helped themselves too. This is why I lend out money, drive long distances to visit hospitalized friends, and constantly push those I know to rise above their obstacles and be better individuals. Not because my ruling planets are Pluto and Mars.

The stars had meaning to our ancestors for mythological purposes; psychoanalytical and archetypal associations. Not because our sign, element, and ruling planet(s) actually govern and dictate our lives. If you believe they do, then it is only because you have too weakly developed your own persona, and it is not the stars, but the people around you, who have removed your free will, and inserted themselves into your personality.

Oh, and Sixty Symbols is an awesome project. I watch all their videos.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 20/2/13 by Wandering Scribe because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Yes, that has generally been my take on Astrology as well.
I could really not care any less about it.

I just liked the video, and it motivated me to post this thread.

<< 1   >>

join