It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous combustion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i just came across this case that happened in oklahoma. the fire department is very puzzled. what is your opinion?

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 19-2-2013 by blackthorne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

When I was a kid i read a book my dad had on the human combustion. It showed all kinds of weird police photos of half burned people still sitting in chairs or lying in bed with nothing else burned except most of the body was ashes.

I'm not sure about some of he explanations though.

Some seem to far fetched.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lifespan

i remember reading about a case where they actually had a time frame. grandma was upstairs while the rest of the family down stairs. grandson went up to give grandma something. it was something like an hour later that some one went up there to check on her. they found her in ashes with nothing else burned except the chair she was sitting on. the skeptics said that it was the candle effect and that the boy was wrong on what time he went up there. even if it were the candle effect, you mean that grandma was up there burning for hours and no one noticed anything?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Not surprised the guy had a tendency to drink. That seems to be a trend with SHC cases. I'd be willing the bet that spontaneous combustion has to do with drinking heavily over long periods of time.

Cool to hear of one from my home state though, as macabre as that sounds.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

One image I remember was of a burned hole in the floor with nothing else touched there was a ladies foot still in the shoe and the bottom tip of a wooden cane. Both were charred on the end facing tre hole in the floor.
The caption read that the nearby furniture had a waxy residue on them?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

forget which show it was but they did an experiment. they had a pork roast (close to human flesh) soak in hard alcohol for a year. the thinking, as you postulated, was that alcoholism seems to help and that the flesh is permeated with it. they could only get the outside to burn and only after they used a blow torch. and it only burned for a few moments.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think we both saw the same show.
I remember watching that experiment..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Voodoo???

Alien Ray beam???

Explosive personality???

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I always thought this was an interesting phenomena.

I'm of the opinion that everything and anything is possible, however unlikely.
It only takes one time...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I've read quite a few theories over the years from the wick theory to an unexpected kundalini rising.

The thing with most of the known cases is that there is nearly always a history of alcohol linked with the deceased.
I know from experience that if you drink heavily, the next day if I've gone to the gym I could smell the alcohol in my sweat. So it must also reside in the fat cells of the body. So you have a person with a combustible substance along side a slow burning fuel, it's a dangerous combination.

The problem with the wick theory is that it starts externally and doesn't fit with the evidence of localised fires at extreme heats (3000 degrees+). If it were an external fire source the temperatures required would cause a lot more damage and would be less localised. So my theory is that the combination of fat+ alcohol + internal fire source would most likely be the cause of these incidents.

The question that needs to be answered is what is the internal fire source?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I've always found spontaneous human combustion to be fascinating.

My theory, is that these people happened upon an ability they weren't prepared to unlock in their own mind, and burned themselves up in the process of unlocking it.

I have reasoning behind why I think so. After I do occult work, where I take the time to put myself in an altered state of consciousness and do spiritual workings. Afterwords, I always feel as though I've run a marathon in the desert. I run normally around 97.4 F. That's my baseline. Every time, and I do mean every time, I take upon a serious spiritual working, I temp out at around 99 - 100 degrees. F. after the working. I feel fine, just hot. I also take my other statistics, and often times, the only odd reading is my temp. My BP generally goes down, respiration after the fact are normal. Pupils normal reaction to light.

Of course, I began this when I began training to be a nurse. I rarely ever take my vitals after spiritual workings anymore. But when I did, my temperature was affected.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I saw a TV sow about it. They interviewed a man who said his arm caught fire like three times and he kept jumping into the shower to put it out. His wife said the flames were a blue color not like regular flames. Which to me sounds like some sort of gas being burnt

Gave me the creeps.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

This is the (no lie) 4th thread already on this case.

I am avoiding the story so I haven't read any of them....

Sheriff: Man Who Died In Fire May Have Spontaneously Combusted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Authorities eye spontaneous combustion in Oklahoma man's death

Local Case of Human Spontaneous Combustion??
edit on 20-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I suppose you could murder someone this way though.

Kill him and burn him somewhere else...bring a few cinders in and place where you had some sort of a camp stove or lantern set up long enough to burn the area around and make it appear as if there was a fire in one spot. Too easy to stage, I think. Not that 'spontaneous human combustion' doesn't happen but like someone said, drinking a lot of alcohol is usually involved.

edit on 20-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

had no idea other threads on this. sorry!

interesting thought about transporting the ashes. but there is still the smoke damage from most of these cases.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.cambridge-news.co.uk...

so found a bit of research maybe of use to explanation ! sorry about lay out im a bit new to posting on here .
edit on 18/02/2013 by leopardpimps because: fixed my broken link

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
www.spookystuff.co.uk...

another one the stuff at the bottom of page interesting

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by leopardpimps

this link works

www.cambridge-news.co.uk...

if u click they work now apologies for the messy post thank you for your patience worth reading
edit on 18/02/2013 by leopardpimps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I read about this first in my early twenties, and it freaked me out like you wouldn't believe, so I've done quite some research over the years. The "Wick Effect" was actually debunked; the result would not look like a typical SHC case where sometimes not even the sheets on the bed the person had been lying on were burned.

I also doubt the "alcohol-soaked" explanation. Quite a few of the victims were elderly ladies or other, very conservative people (not that elderly ladies wouldn't enjoy a drink, I guess, but still). Also, the "Wick Effect" doesn't explain those cases where people spontaneously burst into flames in front of eyewitnesses... one woman, I recall, caught fire on a dance floor in the 1920s or so, and even though the bystanders tried to help, no one was able to put out the flames. One woman, I believe, caught fire in a boat during a leisurely afternoon outing with her husband.

So basically no one knows what's causing it... which is why this fascinates me so much. When I was younger, I thought maybe it was demons lighting a person on fire for whatever reasons, maybe their own amusement. Today, I think that theory of a spontaneous Kundalini burst could be a plausible explanation, although I don't believe, looking at the victims, that they were intentionally doing some sort of spiritual, New Age practice like one poster suggested. Most of them were as ordinary as they come.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I remember seeing it, and I remember thinking that it was a poor experiment. There's a difference between soaking in something and metabolizing it. I agree, it may be far fetched, but what other explanation would there be? It would seem that some sort of rapid chemical reaction is taking place and the common denominator does appear to be alcoholism, or smoking. Could be a chemical in cigarettes that reacts poorly with some people? Dunno. It's an interesting phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join