It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what this is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi there, I was at a thrift store and came across this for a dollar, I was wondering if anyone knows what it is..it looks like a brooch to me but the back doesn't seem to have those mechanisms that brooches have. Anyone know what it could be?

Thank you :-)

edit on 19-2-2013 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hmmm...
It's pretty.
Could it be a belt buckle or part of one?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Old school pocket pin?

Or maybe something that was suppose to fit over a tie?

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
scarf brooch maby

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This being ATS, I am going to guess that it is one third of a communication device for talking to a powerful alien race.

Now your quest is to find the remaining communication pieces so you can contact the greys. (tell them I say hello)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes, considering the long bar and the flap above it, it resembles a type of belt buckle or possibly a scarf clasp. It is certainly pretty, I would take it to a jeweler and have it examined closer.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well heck ya! It's the brooch of protection vs. dragons +2. You could EASILY trade that in a dungeons and dragons forum for the boots of invisibility!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh you guys are awesome thank you so much, looks like its from the 20's to me but I have no clue really lol.
I didn't even think of a tie or scarf..thanks for the tips I think I will take it down to a jeweler :-)

link   
I 2nd what Neysa said......maybe an old belt buckle.
It has the bar which a belt snaps around but instead of a post, it has a hook like shape so not sure.

It says 'sterling' on the back which means it will polish up nicely and it does look like an older piece.
Very pretty......and a score for sure for only $1

I wear nothing but sterling and it's reasonable but not cheap.
And if that's an older piece, what ever it may be, it's more pure silver than what is made today.

Buy it if you haven't already......I would.

link   
Yeah I agree with Naysa, I think its half of some kind of buckle.
Its a nice find.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Fancy money clip?
Or maybe a scarf brooch?
Looks to be worthh a few bucks.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwontrun
Well heck ya! It's the brooch of protection vs. dragons +2. You could EASILY trade that in a dungeons and dragons forum for the boots of invisibility!

well as soon as I picked it up I felt a +20 invisibility, but it had a lower intellect of +5 so that's why I'm assuming is the reason as I couldn't figure out what it really was..maybe if I find a +40 cape of stamina and +40 strength I might just take that dragon on. But first I need to find a rune of teleportation just in case I come across draconians on my journey.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
I 2nd what Neysa said......maybe an old belt buckle.
It has the bar which a belt snaps around but instead of a post, it has a hook like shape so not sure.

It says 'sterling' on the back which means it will polish up nicely and it does look like an older piece.
Very pretty......and a score for sure for only $1

I wear nothing but sterling and it's reasonable but not cheap.
And if that's an older piece, what ever it may be, it's more pure silver than what is made today.

Buy it if you haven't already......I would.

Thank you, I think it looks like its from the 20's because of the detail but I would love to find out, and yeah for a dollar lol, I love this place I go to they always underprice things that could be worth something and overprice things worth nothing lol.

I think I will polish it up and see how it looks, I love finding stuff like this, little treasures lol.

Thank you :-) and thank you all for your tips

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
This being ATS, I am going to guess that it is one third of a communication device for talking to a powerful alien race.

Now your quest is to find the remaining communication pieces so you can contact the greys. (tell them I say hello)

hahaha, well I have been coming to this site for a few years now and I noticed a lot of different posts not related to conspiracies in this general forum, from art to music and I thought this would be a good place to post the pic.

But I will take into consideration your suggestions on contacting aliens with it, ya never know right?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It appears to be an old ladies belt buckle. When I was little i used to play "dress up" in my great grandmother's old clothes (complete with buttoned shoes, veiled hats and screw on earrings) and it looks like on of the buckles from a decorative belt that went with one of the old dresses (it had a bustle too!). You've made a nice find there!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
Hmmm...
It's pretty.
Could it be a belt buckle or part of one?

Thank you

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thank you, I think it looks like its from the 20's because of the detail but I would love to find out, and yeah for a dollar lol, I love this place I go to they always underprice things that could be worth something and overprice things worth nothing lol. I think I will polish it up and see how it looks, I love finding stuff like this, little treasures lol.

Some times those shops don't really know what they have and one can find treasures in them if they know what to look for.

I like looking for silver items...jewelry/coins ,etc.
And some times I can't believe what I find cheap

I bet it will look even prettier once polished.
Good find.......

I flagged you earlier for taking the time to post your pictures.
Thanks for sharing.....
----------------------------
ETA: If it's older than say 25 yrs. or so, which it appears to be, some call it "old pawn" .....
May be better to have it appraised by some on who specializes in Sterling Silver
edit on 19-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

It appears to be an old ladies belt buckle. When I was little i used to play "dress up" in my great grandmother's old clothes (complete with buttoned shoes, veiled hats and screw on earrings) and it looks like on of the buckles from a decorative belt that went with one of the old dresses (it had a bustle too!). You've made a nice find there!

oh wow! thank you..I can't wait to find out when it was from, I love finding stuff like this because of the history that may be behind it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Thank you, I think it looks like its from the 20's because of the detail but I would love to find out, and yeah for a dollar lol, I love this place I go to they always underprice things that could be worth something and overprice things worth nothing lol. I think I will polish it up and see how it looks, I love finding stuff like this, little treasures lol.

Some times those shops don't really know what they have and one can find treasures in them if they know what to look for.

I like looking for silver items...jewelry/coins ,etc.
And some times I can't believe what I find cheap

I bet it will look even prettier once polished.
Good find.......

I flagged you earlier for taking the time to post your pictures.
Thanks for sharing.....

Aw thank you for the flag that was very nice of you, I was worried about getting in trouble because this site is conspiracy type but I seen others post things unrelated and thought this was the best place to go and I was right, you and everyone else were such a great help.

This place I go to is on the border of Chicago and yeah they really don't know the treasures they have and its such a big place to rummage through lol.
edit on 19-2-2013 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Could this be a fancy napkin ring that you would pull a dinner napkin through?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join