Originally posted by butcherguy
When you 'harvest' power from the EM field around a power line, you are actually increasing the load on the power plant that is supplying the transmission line. The EM field is there all the time, but mostly not being wasted.
By harvesting it, you are in a sense just putting a load on the secondary windings of a A/C transformer. That power is not really lost to a great degree when the EM field is not being harvested, but it is when you use the EM field to perform work.
Originally posted by signalfire
Originally posted by Shirak
With all due respect I have registered usable voltage and current away from electrical sources. Radiant energy exists without human generation the earth has its own EM field.
In fact in some areas it is a form of pollution. These would potentially become shielding tech for those living near cell towers and HV power lines and suffering the adverse affects.
Just wanted to add you are not pulling energy you are absorbing it the same way any antenna or earth or land mass would. Please do some research on how electrons move before making statements about stealing other peoples power it doesn't work that way it is passive.
The energy is already expended. Wasted. You are not pulling more it is simply an earth point. Instead of the electrons being absorbed into the earth they are rectified into current and stored in a battery.edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: add more
Shirak, this is probably a stupid question but my education on this subject is limited. Ambient (over and above 'normal', that is) and cell-tower EM is most certainly a pollutant, but would this technology help 'clean' it? By that I mean, if everyone was pulling more of this out of the air, would it be less dangerous to us, the honeybees, etc ?
Or is the amount of EM radiation we're swimming in far more than we could ever pull out, put into batteries and use to good purpose? Are we flooded in this stuff, or just up to our ankles in it?
Please provide evidence of your claim?
By this logic every time an antenna goes up on a house a new load is put on the television and radio transmission stations.
You are referring to induction tech this device rectifies radiant energy in various frequencies to a useable current and voltage.
You are correct insomuch as an induction battery will place a load whereas a passive antenna earthed through the radiant energy generator does not. This device does what every object which is earthed does to radiant energy however instead of channeling it to the ground it rectifies it into a dc current which can be stored in a battery. See the difference?
Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by Shirak
No, butcherguy is absolutely right. When you set up a coil near a cable carrying ac current the alternating current induces a current in the coil. If you have a load connected to the coil and do work with that current it will draw on the source and they will be able to detect it if it is significant. This is basic physics as it applies to electricity.
Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by ChaoticOrder
That circuit's got a battery connection. You may be 'receiving' energy with it, but it's the battery doing the work.
This circuit just keeps getting more interesting to me. Before going to bed I decided to go out to the shed and take a quick current reading. It's freezing cold here tonight! Anyway, my shed is unplugged from my house and I have the antenna line connected to my metal roof. It is completely dark so the solar panels should be creating no effects. The circuit is clicking along at a pretty low frequency but all the LEDs in the bulb are glowing very dimly. I have the circuit on the 50V cap connected to a nine volt battery. Between the cap and the battery I have my most sensitive 500ua current meter and the needle is resting on the zero mark. I need to get a more senstive digatal meter to see what is really happening here. I also tried it with a 16v 33uF cap and with that one I was able to see the needle bouncing just a little. Disconnected from the battery on that little 16v 33uF cap the circuit ran glowing the bulb dimly for well over 1 minute before I stopped it because I was getting to cold.
Whatever the case, the current draw is in the very low micro-amps. It's very hard to tell at this point because caps themselves have some amount of leakage . I have never been able to light one of these LED bulbs at these low current levels in the past. For me this is a new personal record. I am very happy with it. I am familiar with glowing an LED from a crystal radio type setup. I have done that before. To do it I had to run hundreds of feet of antenna up and onto the hill behind me. Even then I could only get a single green LED lit very very dimly and that was during stormy weather. It was so bad I never even made a video of it. So I speak from experience when I say that this is a very different effect. Beside I was never able to light one from the metal roofing of my shed. I could not even pull in a radio station on my crystal set using the metal roof. I am very close to putting this one in an enclosure and moving on to the bitoroid transformer with the same circuit.