It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German student creates electromagnetic harvester that gathers free electricity from thin air

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

While it is not free it would save on wires and meters. Also if enough energy was being emitted wirelessly we could save resources on batteries and other materials that just make garbage and pollution. Devices could have them incorporated and save lives if they were survival or emergency equipment. Space travel could be extended and satellite life spans as well.

Really if we got free wireless energy I wouldn't mind paying more taxes for the government to set up wireless transmitters. Radiation could be harvested from spent nuclear fuel and other sources.......

This is species changing tech....to bad monkeys rule the world.....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Most people these days seem to be unable to read an article before posting their comments in a thread.

The article clearly states that it "sucks up ambient energy", yet there's a discussion going on about wether it really is free energy. No it is not free, and as soon as you switch the power plants off this thing will stop working.

Basically this device is stealing energy. Imagine thousands of people sucking the power out of landlines or absorb your Cell Phone signal. All that energy has to be produced in power plants.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Hey, if you can live off a couple of Watt-seconds a week, go for it. Let us know how that works out.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
When you 'harvest' power from the EM field around a power line, you are actually increasing the load on the power plant that is supplying the transmission line. The EM field is there all the time, but mostly not being wasted.
By harvesting it, you are in a sense just putting a load on the secondary windings of a A/C transformer. That power is not really lost to a great degree when the EM field is not being harvested, but it is when you use the EM field to perform work.

Please provide evidence of your claim?
Interested actually
By this logic every time an antenna goes up on a house a new load is put on the television and radio transmission stations.
You are referring to induction tech this device rectifies radiant energy in various frequencies to a useable current and voltage.
You are correct insomuch as an induction battery will place a load whereas a passive antenna earthed through the radiant energy generator does not. This device does what every object which is earthed does to radiant energy however instead of channeling it to the ground it rectifies it into a dc current which can be stored in a battery. See the difference?
edit on 20-2-2013 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Originally posted by Shirak
With all due respect I have registered usable voltage and current away from electrical sources. Radiant energy exists without human generation the earth has its own EM field.

In fact in some areas it is a form of pollution. These would potentially become shielding tech for those living near cell towers and HV power lines and suffering the adverse affects.

Just wanted to add you are not pulling energy you are absorbing it the same way any antenna or earth or land mass would. Please do some research on how electrons move before making statements about stealing other peoples power it doesn't work that way it is passive.

The energy is already expended. Wasted. You are not pulling more it is simply an earth point. Instead of the electrons being absorbed into the earth they are rectified into current and stored in a battery.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: add more

Shirak, this is probably a stupid question but my education on this subject is limited. Ambient (over and above 'normal', that is) and cell-tower EM is most certainly a pollutant, but would this technology help 'clean' it? By that I mean, if everyone was pulling more of this out of the air, would it be less dangerous to us, the honeybees, etc ?

Or is the amount of EM radiation we're swimming in far more than we could ever pull out, put into batteries and use to good purpose? Are we flooded in this stuff, or just up to our ankles in it?

I just wanted to use the full quote for context as this thread has progressed a lot since your post.
Years ago I was a cell technician and we started seeing signal issues with cell phones which were modified with a little rf sticker which would light up whenever a phone call would come through.

The reason being is that as the PA (power amp) would RX/TX Receive transmit the available energy would provide enough power to light up the leds. However this sticker would leach signal strength on the handset. Testing these small stickers on the handsets in the signal generator I found they actually made quite effective rf shielding they were tuned to the 900/1800 frequency but the effect was the utilization of available energy.
So in answer if I had a house near a cell tower and was concerned about excessive rf I would setup some of this tech around my home. Would it be less dangerous to us? Some people are very sensitive to EMF and it is even recorded to cause physical effects ie rashes headaches.. This tech could in fact be a mitigation system for those sensitive in heavily emf polluted areas.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I was speaking of induction near power lines as it had been referenced directly in the thread previously. I was not speaking to the device in the OP.

You are correct.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Please provide evidence of your claim?
Interested actually
By this logic every time an antenna goes up on a house a new load is put on the television and radio transmission stations.
You are referring to induction tech this device rectifies radiant energy in various frequencies to a useable current and voltage.
You are correct insomuch as an induction battery will place a load whereas a passive antenna earthed through the radiant energy generator does not. This device does what every object which is earthed does to radiant energy however instead of channeling it to the ground it rectifies it into a dc current which can be stored in a battery. See the difference?

Ask any old time ham radio operator.
The lower the frequency of the rf the larger antenna you will need. Reason is the antenna must be tuned to be efficent at one critical frequency.
TV stations are at VFH and UHF frequencies. Hence the small size of antennas. Remember the old 'loop' antena that came with every new tv? It was tuned for UHF frequencies.

If John Q Public is stringing long wires parallel to power lines, they are coupling their circuit to the power companies grid. It's called a transformer. Look it up on the web. They know how much 'leakage' they normally have. So if it starts going up they will start to look for the reason why.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nikola built a huge tower on his property in Niagara Falls, Ontario, that he claimed could draw electrical energy from our atmosphere. His tower would create such violent lightning storms that he was ordered to shut it down. At least that was the official reason for putting an end to his experiments, though I highly suspect the big power companies were afraid of the competion. It didn't matter that were it not for Tesla himself, they wouldn't have been in business very long anyway. Amid some scientific circles there has been a certain amount of discussion pertaining to the possibility that it was Tesla's machine that caused the great Tunguska explosion.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I definitely think Tesla was a genius but it is hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction when reading stories about his experiments.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

No, butcherguy is absolutely right. When you set up a coil near a cable carrying ac current the alternating current induces a current in the coil. If you have a load connected to the coil and do work with that current it will draw on the source and they will be able to detect it if it is significant. This is basic physics as it applies to electricity.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

So Aliens gave him the harvester for a kidney?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well Nicholas Tesla was going to create free energy but there are 2 stories to this claim.
1. Is that he was going to build it but he died before he could make it.
2.Tesla did built it but after he died, the government banded together and made free energy into profitable energy.

Evidence

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by Shirak

No, butcherguy is absolutely right. When you set up a coil near a cable carrying ac current the alternating current induces a current in the coil. If you have a load connected to the coil and do work with that current it will draw on the source and they will be able to detect it if it is significant. This is basic physics as it applies to electricity.

Yes please see my previous comment I was not referring to the well known induction method. This is where a lot of confusion is coming from around the radiant energy circuit. I highly recommend doing the experiment don't just take my word for it. I put a step by step video on page 2 should cost you around $3 in easy to find components then just attach it to length antenna. Earthing an antenna radiant energy through a rectifier circuit is quit different to induction tech which I have described in previous posts.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Shirak because: clarify

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

What kind of wizardry is this?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The video below shows what is probably the most sensitive EM receiver I've ever seen. I recommend watching the video from the start but the best part is around 4:00. I believe that connecting a large enough antenna to this device would allow you to pick up a fair amount of ambient energy even if you lived far from any power lines.

edit on 21/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

That circuit's got a battery connection. You may be 'receiving' energy with it, but it's the battery doing the work.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

That circuit's got a battery connection. You may be 'receiving' energy with it, but it's the battery doing the work.

You obviously didn't watch up to the part I mentioned. The first part of the video demonstrates wireless energy transfer (which is coming from the batter correct). Near the 4 min mark he demonstrates how his body can act as an antenna for the circuit by picking up stray energy in the room (he completely disconnects the battery in this case but I assume his body will still pick up some energy from it). However he has done tests where all the power in his shed is switched off, and he connected the antenna line to his metal roof in the shed.

This circuit just keeps getting more interesting to me. Before going to bed I decided to go out to the shed and take a quick current reading. It's freezing cold here tonight! Anyway, my shed is unplugged from my house and I have the antenna line connected to my metal roof. It is completely dark so the solar panels should be creating no effects. The circuit is clicking along at a pretty low frequency but all the LEDs in the bulb are glowing very dimly. I have the circuit on the 50V cap connected to a nine volt battery. Between the cap and the battery I have my most sensitive 500ua current meter and the needle is resting on the zero mark. I need to get a more senstive digatal meter to see what is really happening here. I also tried it with a 16v 33uF cap and with that one I was able to see the needle bouncing just a little. Disconnected from the battery on that little 16v 33uF cap the circuit ran glowing the bulb dimly for well over 1 minute before I stopped it because I was getting to cold.

Whatever the case, the current draw is in the very low micro-amps. It's very hard to tell at this point because caps themselves have some amount of leakage . I have never been able to light one of these LED bulbs at these low current levels in the past. For me this is a new personal record. I am very happy with it. I am familiar with glowing an LED from a crystal radio type setup. I have done that before. To do it I had to run hundreds of feet of antenna up and onto the hill behind me. Even then I could only get a single green LED lit very very dimly and that was during stormy weather. It was so bad I never even made a video of it. So I speak from experience when I say that this is a very different effect. Beside I was never able to light one from the metal roofing of my shed. I could not even pull in a radio station on my crystal set using the metal roof. I am very close to putting this one in an enclosure and moving on to the bitoroid transformer with the same circuit.

laserhacker.com...

edit on 21/2/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AldrinAlden

Newcastle upon tyne uni has pioneered this tech since 2010.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
the knowledge for this how this works is easy to find, they can no longer suppress this future primitive tech.... harvesting energies from wasted frequencies

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have heard about "Dark matter" or "Dark energy" (I'm not exactly sure what it was called.)

Anyway, what this energy is, is basically energy that is all around you, and you can tap into it's energy if you have the right device. And it looks like this guy basically found a similar way of tapping into this, or a similar energy.

I'm not entirely sure how real this dark matter/energy is, I'm just going by what I have heard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join