It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Ron Paul Cheated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Whether you supported Ron Paul or not, I believe this video is worth watching if for no other reason than the implications that it brings to light.

Watching this video makes me sad, he was the only candidate running that would have stood up for what it means to be an American and what he got was a complete and utter screwjob. We appear to be on the precipice of a crumbling cliff and if the Republic by some miracle survives the fall he deserves the chance to lead the nation. I fear our nation wil not survive as we know it, God help us all.

Whether you agree with my position or not I would like to get opinions from ATS users, do you feel that he was short changed?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The whole election process is BS.

The parties pick their candidates, then people openly loyal to that party get to narrow it down, then we all go in the little booth and pick which of the two parties we think ran better commercials, feed our ballot into the shredder, then later that night, MSM tells us on TV who everyone else voted for, and whether those votes actually got them into office or if the electoral college decided to nudge things a bit.

The whole thing is such a farce. Might as well just run it as a TV show. America's Next Top Shill, they could call it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
America really lost out not voting him in, America is now doomed and so are it's people

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackTiger
The whole election process is BS.

The parties pick their candidates, then people openly loyal to that party get to narrow it down, then we all go in the little booth and pick which of the two parties we think ran better commercials, feed our ballot into the shredder, then later that night, MSM tells us on TV who everyone else voted for, and whether those votes actually got them into office or if the electoral college decided to nudge things a bit.

The whole thing is such a farce. Might as well just run it as a TV show. America's Next Top Shill, they could call it.

I agree, it is like telling all Americans you can vote in any condiment you want as long as you choose Heinz or Hunt's brand ketchup. The American voter's voice has been reduced to nothing more than an EVP on a tape recording in my opinion.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't know if Ron Paul got shafted, but I think the country did. I've often wondered if he would have been 'offed' if he managed to get a dark horse in the race. Jesse Ventura managed the independent thing, but the sheer cost of publicity for a presidential campaign must be overwhelming, and Ron Paul needed to do it with something other than the Republican or Democrat deep pockets. Too bad.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yeah...I think they did him a tad bit dirty...

It was noted early in polling that many independents and the holy "undecided" voters were leaning toward Ron. Many people liked the bulk of his message even if they disagreed with some things. This went further on to insinuate that Ron Paul actually had the best chance to defeat Obama, not Romney, Santorum or any of the other stage clowns the RNC paraded across the stage.

It was a farce. Either tptb had already decided that Obama was going to get a second term and this was a smoke and mirrors act from the Republicans...or...The RNC and their backdoor banking buddies were afraid Ron might ask too many questions and turn over too many stones...so they threw the election rather than letting the guy they feared the most win...

I am a Libertarian and voted for Gary Johnson, but I would have voted for Ron Paul had he made it on the ticket.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes I think he was cheated, and so was our country, in my opinion it doesn't matter if you are a Republican or Democrat running for President, if the big dogs want you in, then that's whats gonna happen.

Sad isn't it, that we live in such a BS world where the few, rich and powerful run our lives, I think if this country brought back hangings, then maybe we could rid ourselves of this kind of trash and live more peaceful lives.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
America really lost out not voting him in, America is now doomed and so are it's people

Indeed. Ron Paul was the last hope for America. Its all over now, folks. The American Dream is officially un-revivable. Time of death: November, 2012 AD.

Thing is, even with election rigging (a given), you can only rig to such a margin. I think even if RP won the nomination, Bama would still have been voted in for round 2 of potentially the worst presidency in US history.

Ignorance and idiocy would have prevailed, and indeed have actually done so.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
I don't know if Ron Paul got shafted, but I think the country did. I've often wondered if he would have been 'offed' if he managed to get a dark horse in the race. Jesse Ventura managed the independent thing, but the sheer cost of publicity for a presidential campaign must be overwhelming, and Ron Paul needed to do it with something other than the Republican or Democrat deep pockets. Too bad.

I agree sadly enough, had he won he would have met with a very Kennedy'esque accident I fear. Jesse Ventura is another candidate I would vote for as well, but with the system as is he would also get the big red, white and blue shaft.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CTHE DEMS AND REPUBS WORK FOR THE VERY SAME MASTERS....
I CANT HELP BUT PUT RP INTO THE SAME CATEGORY AS THAT OTHER TEXAN THEY BULLED OVER ROSS PEROT.
iD BET DOLLARS TO DONUTS THAT RP WAS TOLD TO QUIET DOWN AND DROP OUT GRACEFULLY OR HAVE A PLANE CRASH.

MAYBE THEY OFFERED RAND A FAVOUR IN RETURN FOR RUNNING OUT ON THE OLD MAN TOO?
CERTAINLY THE PRIMARIES WERE ENLIGHTENEING TO ANYONE WATCHING WITH OHE EYE OPEN.......THE OUTRIGHT CORRUPTION STUNK TO HIGH HEAVEN.....OBVIOUSLY NOT A DEMOCRATC PROCESS......
THEN ADD IN THE VOTING MACHINES, WHICH EVERYONE KNOWS ARE ALSO CORRUPTABLE,
AND YOU HAVE THE ELECTIONS FROM HELL........

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

I was really hoping to vote for Ron Paul, I think he would have changed the United States for the better.. I agree with other people stating that the election is BS, no way he even had a chance ....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

I agree sadly enough, had he won he would have met with a very Kennedy'esque accident I fear. Jesse Ventura is another candidate I would vote for as well, but with the system as is he would also get the big red, white and blue shaft.

There would be no reason to assassinate them since they would get absolutely nothing done for anyone to worry about. A Paul presidency would have been the most unproductive in the history of our country.

All his plans would not pass Congress and he would veto anything they passed. It would be four years of nothing but a stalemate with each side blaming the other. At least now we can manage to get just enough done to keep the country running but all that would stop if Paul was President.

This country needs legislation passed, even if its bad, to even function at a basic level. Paul does not understand that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I always wonder what happend to Ron Paul and seeing this makes be remember the old saying, if your not in the good old boys club you never will be, I guess his views and postions are more in line with most americans and the media knew this, the campaign was set up for ratings. Ron Paul is not one of the Elite memebers of those that the NWO wants in power, probably becasue they could not control him.

I did not vote for the thing that is in office right now, I don't claim a party I usally go with the person that I like and how they come across, to bad in my neck of the woods they (media) never showed any of this.

So this make a person wonder who is really putting the president into the White house, the media, not the voters.

Disapointing if you ask me that he did not get the coverage that everyone else did.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

There would be no reason to assassinate them since they would get absolutely nothing done for anyone to worry about. A Paul presidency would have been the most unproductive in the history of our country.

All his plans would not pass Congress and he would veto anything they passed. It would be four years of nothing but a stalemate with each side blaming the other. At least now we can manage to get just enough done to keep the country running but all that would stop if Paul was President.

This country needs legislation passed, even if its bad, to even function at a basic level. Paul does not understand that.

Excuse me? We need legislation even if it's bad? I am almost speechless that these words came from someone on this board that has a sworn mission statement to "Deny ignorance"...and that my dear lady...was a really ignorant thing to say.

Almost speechless, but not quite...

You mean Legislation like H.R. 347? NDAA? The AHCA (Obamacare) which demands the people buy a product from a private industry or be penalized in the form of taxes? Those are fine examples of "bad legislation"...I think we have had enough.

This is what "bad legislation" gets us...

edit on 2/19/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

No, there is basic legislation that keeps the government running on a day to day basis. I'm not speaking about stuff like the NDAA.

Certain agencies need funds to operate and are vital to keeping our country up and running. Paul would not even do this basic work because it violates his principles in some way or has something minor attached to it that he doesn't like.

That is what I mean by bad legislation. Basically he would refuse to sign these things and Congress would just sit there and wait for things to get bad enough until people demanded something be done.

I'm sorry you missed this rather obvious point.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I cannot agree with you fully but respect your opinion. I think that he would have definately faced an uphill battle accomplishing things of importance. If you look at it the other way though the country needs a wake-up, if he was being shot down consistantly on things that the country truly could benefit from there would be alot of out of work congressmen and senators when elections rolled around.

The last thing the country needs is "bad legislation", we cannot afford to keep running the path we are on as the only possible outcome is a complete and utter destruction of our republic with social unrest on levels unheard of.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Here is an example.

Ron Paul voted against the Amber Alert Bill because he believed it was not the Federal Governments responsibility to do so.

It did not matter that States were not doing this themselves, the only thing that mattered was Pauls principles.

That one bill has been responsible for saving the lives of over 500 innocent children who otherwise would have been dead.

Paul was willing to sacrifice the lives of these children in order to stand on a principle that at best falls into a grey area. Now do you think he would have an issue letting unemployment skyrocket or the economy collapse in order to stand for another of his principles?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Jeremiah65

No, there is basic legislation that keeps the government running on a day to day basis. I'm not speaking about stuff like the NDAA.

Certain agencies need funds to operate and are vital to keeping our country up and running. Paul would not even do this basic work because it violates his principles in some way or has something minor attached to it that he doesn't like.

That is what I mean by bad legislation. Basically he would refuse to sign these things and Congress would just sit there and wait for things to get bad enough until people demanded something be done.

I'm sorry you missed this rather obvious point.

This is your major voting block people, take a good look and thank them for all the good things they've helped accomplish by electing the people who push "bad legislation" because it has to be done? Well it's a good thing right? isn't it rather obvious?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The message and the man will be revered throughout our upcoming history.

Did he lose? I believe the true winner has the biggest impact. Ron Paul has changed history, resurrected true conservative beliefs (not libertarian), and given Americans HOPE. And, not a town in Arkansas with Tyson chicken camps.

This man will be studied much as Socrates some day.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I cannot agree with you fully but respect your opinion. I think that he would have definately faced an uphill battle accomplishing things of importance. If you look at it the other way though the country needs a wake-up, if he was being shot down consistantly on things that the country truly could benefit from there would be alot of out of work congressmen and senators when elections rolled around.

The last thing the country needs is "bad legislation", we cannot afford to keep running the path we are on as the only possible outcome is a complete and utter destruction of our republic with social unrest on levels unheard of.

That's the problem. Most of the country does not believe that what Paul offers is "for the best". The people would side with Congress who, believe me, would spin everything into a negative, whether true or not. At least he would finally achieve what other Presidents haven't been able to.

Bipartisanship. Unfortunately it would be to stand united against his ideals. And we need legislation passed, in terms of budgets, which can be good or bad but regardless, it still needs to be passed to keep the country running. So yes, sometimes even if its bad legislation, like not being paid for, we still need to pass it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join