It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian X-ray girl thrills Japanese scientists with her remarkable gift!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

British and Japanese scientists acknowledged that the girl possesses an astounding ability to see people through Pravda.Ru has already reported about 17-year-old Russian girl, Natasha Demkina, from the city of Saransk. The girl has become known for her astounding X-ray ability to see people through and diagnose diseases. Scientist became interested in the Russian girl's phenomenon: Natasha Demkina was invited to come to London and New York for scientific experiments. British researchers unanimously acknowledged Natasha's remarkable gift, whereas American scientists hesitated to come to such a conclusion. They did not like that fact that the girl successfully diagnosed diseases with only four patients out of seven. Natasha Demkina has recently passed a similar test in Tokyo, where Japanese scientists confirmed the gift of the Russian X-ray girl. Natasha is currently a student of the Semashko's Moscow Medical University. Yoshio Machi, a professor of the Tokyo University, invited the girl to come to Tokyo to have her abilities tested again. Professor Machi is known in the world as a scientist, who studies unusual human abilities.

I am wondering if this is a bit out there....then again?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Let me guess.... she used to live by Chernobyl.
I'd take this with a big grain of salt.... anything coming out of russia needs to be checked thrice.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
dont be such a hater against one nation.

anything or any one with such abilities should be checked thrice but should not be passed on slightly.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thought Id heard of this it was on TV here in the UK a few years back, heres the documentary (4 parts)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I am wondering if this is a bit out there....then again?

However, after she had left the United Kingdom, it emerged that she had made errors among her diagnoses. In one incident she told television-physician Chris Steele that he was suffering from a number of medical conditions, including kidney stones, an ailment of the gall bladder, and an enlarged liver and pancreas. Later medical evaluation determined that he was in good health and was not suffering from any of the ailments she had identified

"When I saw her do her usual readings, I couldn't believe the discrepancy between what I was hearing and how impressed the individuals were... I thought they were going to walk away saying it was embarrassing, but time and again, they said it was amazing. Before each reading, I asked the people what was the main medical problem and Natasha never got one of those right." Wiseman compared the belief of people in Demkina's diagnoses to the belief of people in fortune tellers, and said that people focus only on those portions of Demkina's comments that they believe.

The researchers concluded that she had not demonstrated evidence of an ability that would warrant their further study

en.wikipedia.org...

Just another snake oil salesman, but as always some people will buy it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Actually when you read the actual experiment done with here at a young age by the so call "Skeptics" all of which demonstrated a negative bias was quite impressive for a young girl surrounded by aggressive bias individuals who's reputation and money was on the line.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The moment a so called skeptic demonstrates a bias towards a test result of an individual on must note that they themselves may be influencing the test. We are testing an intention originating ability after all. Negative intention to succeed causes interference. They understood this and that is why she was surrounded by aggressive individuals to interfere. It was 5 out of 7 before they would accept a pass she got 4 on that one particular occasion. Any serious researcher who reads about the circumstances she was subjected to will understand where I am coming from. Its orthodox dogma that gets in the was of research and understanding pegging it under a rock as a scam or as Charles Fort would say "The Damned" It used to be preposterous to Orthodox science and so called skeptics alike that things could fall from the sky.

Incidentally, one wonders why neither Hyman nor Skolnick made any mention in their articles of the six patients Natasha had examined before attempting her diagnosis-matching, to the obvious satisfaction of at least five of them. Looks like deliberate suppression of positive evidence to me. Finally, Hyman tells us what serious researchers already know, that "any scientific hypothesis - especially a paranormal one - cannot be confirmed or disconfirmed by one test or one experiment". "Independent investigators must also replicate the findings before they gain scientific credibility." Indeed. This also applies to skeptical hypotheses. Had Hyman, Wiseman and co. seen Natasha match all seven diagnoses correctly, they would have hastily assured us that "we cannot leap to conclusions after a single test". Yet after their single test, which they rated a failure despite Natasha scoring at over three times the level of chance statistical probability, they made it quite clear that they reckoned they had debunked the well meaning and innocent-looking Russian teenager once and for all.

Just wanting to add that it is refreshing to have someone doing multiple tests with her now and not a setup for tv where afterwards they could brush it under the carpet.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: add some more.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'll stay a bit sceptical on this and take it with a grain of salt. I don't think it's X-rays or a similar mechanism.

But it would be funny if some phenomena such as this actually turned out to be an extreme outlier of existing human senses. (Something such as tetrachromacy when it comes to vision.) So rather than relying on some psychic or other unknown sensory means, she just happened to have a sense of smell outside the norm and could do what those cancer sniffing dogs could do. Perception-wise it might not be readily distinguishable as a particular smell, but perhaps more like a pheromone sensitivity which may trigger a more subconscious mechanism. (Thus she couldn't place it, but people known to be sick in some way would have a certain thing about them. The problem is not realizing what sense is providing that info which would also account for higher error when dealing with multiple people. Not to mention that scents linger.) I wouldn't put something like that entirely out of possiblility. Just some food for thought.

new topics

top topics

join