It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% PROOF The Iraq War Was A Lie- Declassified Rumsfeld Memos

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You dont need Rumsfelds memos to know that Iraq war was based on a lie.

Bush, Rumsfeld, Powel, Blair John Howard,Aleksander Kwaśniewski and all the journalists who were embedded should stand trial for charges of war crimes. but thats not going to happen because we live in a world full of horse#.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about you 'armchair quarterbacks', but there were WMD there. And they were used against us.
Most of the liberal morons only consider nuclear items as WDM, but there are much worst things. Chemical and biological weapons, which Sadam did have, and were whisked away to Syria by the Russians, are much worse.
We went through one area up north of Rafa (in Saudi Arabia, our jumping off point), on MSR Texas.
When I returned I had numerous large skin cancers (half dollar size, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on my face. The rest of my body was covered with uniform, gloves, helment and shamaga.
The VA was very good in taking care of me, but when I was contacted to be part of a 'Gulf War Syndrome', I was denied participation because, "I had broken my nose".
The Polish detected chemical agents and so did we (the US). It is part of the message traffic.
So, 'armchair', you are being fed only a portion of the story. If you were not there, do not comment...Obama likes to 'armchair' also. He has no experience either.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daveinats
Well, I don't know about you 'armchair quarterbacks', but there were WMD there. And they were used against us.
Most of the liberal morons only consider nuclear items as WDM, but there are much worst things. Chemical and biological weapons, which Sadam did have, and were whisked away to Syria by the Russians, are much worse.
We went through one area up north of Rafa (in Saudi Arabia, our jumping off point), on MSR Texas.
When I returned I had numerous large skin cancers (half dollar size, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick on my face. The rest of my body was covered with uniform, gloves, helment and shamaga.
The VA was very good in taking care of me, but when I was contacted to be part of a 'Gulf War Syndrome', I was denied participation because, "I had broken my nose".
The Polish detected chemical agents and so did we (the US). It is part of the message traffic.
So, 'armchair', you are being fed only a portion of the story. If you were not there, do not comment...Obama likes to 'armchair' also. He has no experience either.

Using the research of the 1,700-member Iraq Survey Group, Duelfer concluded that Saddam ordered his arsenal of chemical and biological weapons destroyed in 1991 and 1992 and halted nuclear weapons development, all in hopes of lifting crippling economic sanctions.

"Saddam Hussein ended the nuclear program in 1991 following the Gulf War," the report states.

The findings were similarly definitive concerning chemical and biological weapons: "Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991" and the survey team found "no credible indications that Baghdad resumed production."

Link

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night.

As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.

The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons'

looks like "conservative morons" gave you skin cancer. Was it worth fighting for ?
edit on 20-2-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Exactly. Everyone was practically guilted into buying one of those yellow ribbons for their cars at the time. If you didn't support the troops, you were un-American and probably "one of them there terrorizors from the desert!"

There were some people on my campus at the time that were protesting getting involved in Iraq. They knew it was all about oil...no one listened to them. This just goes to show how powerful the MSM can be over people.

Family Guy pointed this whole thing out in an episode where the family went to NYC. Brian (the dog) points out to Peter that 9/11 had nothing to do with Saddam or Iraq. Unfortunatley, most people that watch Family Guy won't digest or care. To those people, a cartoon is just a cartoon.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you look at the original documents (page 2) there's a line item called "Radical Ideas" with the "ideas" whited out.

Too bad, because I would really love to know what they consider "radical"...

As if spending trillions of our tax dollars and killing hundreads of thousands of people (American and Iraqi) isn't "radical enough"?!?

Very telling what our government feels about the value of life.
Disgusting! I don't even have words to discribe how I feel.

When will the Bush admin. be brought to justice?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveinats

Do you want to take a guess as to where those chemical weapons Saddam had came from in the first place?

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld helped Saddam Hussein build up his arsenal of deadly chemical and biological weapons, it was revealed last night.

As an envoy from President Reagan 19 years ago, he had a secret meeting with the Iraqi dictator and arranged enormous military assistance for his war with Iran.

The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

Source

So basically, we sent our own troops in to clean up our own mess that we made.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Why would attack on Iraq be any kind of problem? What is difference in comparition with Yugoslavia, and noone said a word, since the begining of so called Yugoslav crisis? Why German and other foreign governments did not call for the rule of law, in 1991/92, instead now? IF SO, F* THE LAW...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I'd hardly call this a smoking gun. It appears to just be an outline of a plan, of which I'm sure the government has something for every possible contingency under the sun.

The trouble here is you believe this and aren't being sarcastic.

Why would a corrupt system imprison or even bring to trial those corrupt individuals who are at the very head of that same system? Are you that naive as well?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

They are scheming, secretive, lying SOBs

Sorry for the extensive editing in your Thread OP.

One thing..

When in time were there EVER a government that
was NOT doing the verry same. Name any nations
gvmt that didnt do the same. Any?

And tell me, what other than total, global denial of
that power could prevent them from keep doing the
verry same...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
All those innocents killed...

All those soldiers killed...

This is a short one liner and even though everyone knew or suspected the blatant lies, Bush and his cronies should be trialled and convicted for war crimes... But, of course that isn't going to happen is it?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
You dont need Rumsfelds memos to know that Iraq war was based on a lie.

Bush, Rumsfeld, Powel, Blair John Howard,Aleksander Kwaśniewski and all the journalists who were embedded should stand trial for charges of war crimes. but thats not going to happen because we live in a world full of horse#.

Was World War 2 based on a lie?
Was it really a SURPRISE attack on Pearl Harbor or did FDR roll out the red carpet
for the Japanese?

Think about it. When WW2 started, the great depression ended.

Was the Vietnam War based on a lie?

Look at the big picture.
edit on 20-2-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
When we elect people to top level positions in power, the average American expects there to be accountability and honesty in government. Not wars for political and monetary gain. Now we have been screaming this forever around here, only to be ridiculed as "paranoid conspiracy theorists."

BUT WE WERE RIGHT.

These declassified memos show how the administration planned it in secrecy, and also key areas of concern. Oil being one of them.

maddowblog.msnbc.com...

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, said Monday on MSNBC that he’s “damn sure the Bush administration cooked the books” when it came to pushing for the invasion of Iraq.

Wilkerson was speaking to host Ed Schultz about the Republican filibuster of Defense Secretary nominee Chuck Hagel, but transitioned into a plug for MSNBC’s new documentary “Hubris: Selling the Iraq War,” which aired Monday night.

The documentary featured never-before-seen memos by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, composed in November, 2001, clearly showing he and aides workshopping ideas for selling the invasion of Iraq. “US discovers Saddam connection to Sept. 11 attack or to anthrax attacks?” one possibility reads. “Dispute over WMD inspections? Start now thinking about inspection demands.”

www.rawstory.com...

Just take a look at that story, and what the former Chief of Staff is saying about it.

I've been saying this for a while. Everybody thinking "They" did 9/11 is ridiculous---it was Osama.

The real conspiracy is there in front of your face: inventing spurious propaganda for a pre-planned war in Iraq.
Cheney had oil on his brain, Rumsfeld had power on his brain, and Bush had Daddy issues and getting re-elected on his brain.

And this just makes it clear how "They" were not involved with the 9/11 attacks. If they had been faked, then you would have heard of large truck bombs being planted by Saddam's men, because the Triumvirate of Tendentiousness (look it up) had Iraq on the brain, not Afghanistan.

Why do people hate George Soros? What has he done? As far as I can tell, his only crime was to think that W sucked in 2004 (like 47% of voters) and say something about it, instead of in 2006, when everybody came to that conclusion.

He was right, after all.
edit on 20-2-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The first decade of "the American century" was an abysmal failure and perhaps the darkest period in American history.

Never forget.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This is great but what good is it.
When and who are the people that are going to go after these bad men.

I can answer that no one!

Bush Cheney, and the rest the crew have all ready been convicted in a World Court, but this means nothing.

Look what Obama is doing right now, Like Hilary said who care's it's over, well your talking what 10 years ago, they an't notin gona happen.

Who is going to do it, how about start with impeaching Obama and the rest of his cronies first, then go after the rest of the Cabal, maybe old man Bush won't die before we can try him.

Got proof well they had proof the big Banks were working for Drug Dealers, why didn't any one go to jail, they put me in jail over a joint.

Got proof well arrest some one, Kissinger has arrest warrentts out on him right now, why doesn't someone put him in jail?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

ANGRY!!!!

Dear ATS!

I TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT THIS 8 MONTH AGO AND NOBODY BOTHERED.

Excuse my dismay, but If I am reading and watching the information provided in the OP essentially this thread is about how the Bush administration sexed up the connection that Saddam had to Bin Laden.

I agree it was sexed up they massively exaggerated the connection Saddam had to Al-Qa’ida, I agree so much that 8 months ago I wrote a thread “The Al-Qa’ida Iraq Connection” . It was about exactly what is described in the video in the OPs link. The guy talking in the video even says that they focus on the case of Al-Libi, yup you can find out all about that in my thread and much more.

My apologies to the OP but seriously I feel just a little bitter about this, I write a thread all about this actually explaining it all and the nature of their connection and how the Administration came to the conclusion that there was a connection. It gets 3 flags and not even one meaningful response. Someone takes a quote from another site with the same information that I had in my thread 8 months ago with a catchy title and a edgy bit of commentary about the corruption of government and it gets 179 Flags!.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO

Who is going to do it, how about start with impeaching Obama and the rest of his cronies first, then go after the rest of the Cabal, maybe old man Bush won't die before we can try him.

Why Obama?

There is no time limit on impeachment. Cheney can still be impeached. The penalty is removal from office AND prohibition from future Federal employment.

An early president, possibly Adams, served in Congress after his term as President. When challenged by an opponent about some actions as president, Adams escalated and replied "ok go ahead and vote for impeachment". The guy backed down.

edit on 20-2-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This video demonstrates what tool rummy was. Its tragic how dumbed down my fellow mercans are , how easy they will rally behind whatever these gangster administrations agendas are. They could sell a kechup popsicle to a man in white gloves with the power of fear. Yeah we had to go "get some" and we got some all right... some catastrophic loss all for nothing. Sorry but our troops died over lies and the greed of special interests using them as cannon fodder. Saddam may have been a real SOB but he was better for Iraq then the illusion of democracy our own rulers have imposed upon the people of Iraq. They just replaced him with a puppet gov like we have here. He had to go because he was not going to follow along the world bankers demands. They made an example out of him and put it on our tab and our children's as well .

Oh and you can bet Rumsfeld had something to do with those trillions missing from the pentagon in the days before 911. Took a helluva lot of money to stage 911 obviously. He is one of many war criminals that will never face a court room like many of Hitlers fellow Nazis who were groomed by our own government in paperclip / NASA.

Donald Rumsfeld Unknown Unknowns ! NOW KNOWN

@ othersideofthecoin

Sorry to hear that, but that is ATS for you. That's the way of ATS though good threads get slept on and get regurgitated and then snowballs. But thanks for your contribution star for you

edit on 20-2-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

What double talk from that low life.

It's so, so funny on 9/10 ten he announced the Missing 2 or 3 trillion dollars, and the very next day the Pentagon is hit exactly where thiee records were kept.
Then better yet they have no pictures to show a airplane hitting the Pentagon. The greatest country on the planet being run by the likes of the 3 stooges or so it would seem.
Take 45 minutes to scramble jet fighters, but the the word scramble, would be entirely wrong more like to Sloth the Jet fighters or to slow poke the Jets would be more correct.

Then look again 12 years later the US was right on top of it get hit on 9/11 again, when again they were told ahead of time they were going to be hit. THe 3 stooges all over again.

These bums need to go to jail for treason.

edit on 20-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by OOOOOO because: poke

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Found this clip in my old stash. Donald Rumsfeld telling Iraqi's to
"end any resistance - it's futile!"

At this time, he was well aware that the Iraq war was a complete fabrication.
These guys should be poker players!

edit on 20/2/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Seems to be quite a bit of misinformation in this thread starting with Maddow and hearsay the fact is 26 countries help Saddam but the only country ever vilified for it is the US only 2 people Bush and Rumsfeld

Argentina 3 Austria 17 Brazil 8 Egypt 1 USA 18 France 21 Greece 1 India 1 Romania 1 Italy 12 Japan 1 UK 19 Netherlands 3 Poland 1 Germany (FRG) 86 Sweden 1 Switzerland 11 Spain 4

www.ainfos.ca...

Read it or don't.

US did find Iraq WMD

www.nypost.com...

Read it or don't.

But hey feel free to continue spreading lies, that makes quite a few people in this thread better than Rumsfeld or Bush?

Every administration has "talking points" see fast and furious,benghazi,Libya,Somalia,Yemen,.Pakistan

Of course the majority of those screaming the loudest in this thread as the most silent on the current liar..

edit on 20-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join