It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% PROOF The Iraq War Was A Lie- Declassified Rumsfeld Memos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Clinton and Bush were/are good friends. Clinton would often have lunch with Bush at the White House. The Democrats problem with war is Vietnam. The Democrat base consists of Hollywood/hippies and college proffessors that hated that war (as they should) The fact is that nearly every war America ever fought was under a Democrat President. They have to distance themselves from that record. Reality gets in the way so they suffer from amnesia after the fact. It is not surprising that the New York Times (left wing hacks) hates Bush and any Republican for that matter. While reported statements may be true, the omission of other statements from the left effectively make them lies of omission. The Democrats were all in as far as the war on Iraq.

link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
When we elect people to top level positions in power, the average American expects there to be accountability and honesty in government. Not wars for political and monetary gain. Now we have been screaming this forever around here, only to be ridiculed as "paranoid conspiracy theorists."

BUT WE WERE RIGHT.

These declassified memos show how the administration planned it in secrecy, and also key areas of concern. Oil being one of them.

maddowblog.msnbc.com...

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, said Monday on MSNBC that he’s “damn sure the Bush administration cooked the books” when it came to pushing for the invasion of Iraq.

Wilkerson was speaking to host Ed Schultz about the Republican filibuster of Defense Secretary nominee Chuck Hagel, but transitioned into a plug for MSNBC’s new documentary “Hubris: Selling the Iraq War,” which aired Monday night.

The documentary featured never-before-seen memos by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, composed in November, 2001, clearly showing he and aides workshopping ideas for selling the invasion of Iraq. “US discovers Saddam connection to Sept. 11 attack or to anthrax attacks?” one possibility reads. “Dispute over WMD inspections? Start now thinking about inspection demands.”

www.rawstory.com...

Just take a look at that story, and what the former Chief of Staff is saying about it.

You won't find me using "100% PROOF" in any of my thread titles. But let there be no doubt anymore as to what type of governments rule us. They are scheming, secretive, lying SOBs, who will toss Amerikan blood on battlefields and not even think about it. They really DO NOT CARE anymore about the soldier's lives, or the family's lives who are so affected by this- much less the children and other innocents who bear the brunt of their lasting destruction with depleted uranium.

The Amerikan Dream.

You military still on the fence, it's time to step down on the side of freedom from this. We need a total cleansing.
edit on Tue Feb 19th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Well, this looks like a convenient way to change the subject from the Bengazi Cover Up - to -
the Iraq War.

Oh look! This story is being orchestrated by MSNBC.
What a surprise!

HUBRIS

BTW, where are the survivors of the Benghazi attack ???
Are they hiding them in Antarctica ???

link   
Yeah a lie to get oil! Why do you think the people of the middle east hate us?! Not because we're a free country and different from them, but because our government starts wars for things such as oil that should be rightfully theirs. Start a war based off of things that you don't even have enough evidence to prove true, and post up over there and drill for oil behind the scenes. It's the perfect plot, and nobody would have the slightest clue....Until now.
I think it's more reasonable to believe that they hate us for that reason than anything else. We've invaded their country. Taken their oil, killed their people..All because we want oil! It's all a scam. America really has made a bad name for itself. Not proud to call myself an American, I refuse to support my country and any country that is not honest and forthright with it's people.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well, these top secret memos do tend to show 100% proof of something. It is obvious by the contents that there was was a real belief that Saddam had CW, BW, and WMD, all violations of the cease fire.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Yes, clearly the liberals are hypocrites.

Kirsten Powers summed it up well with the Obama drone policies.
"Yes, the democrats are hypocrites. They only care about human rights when it
benefits them politically."

By looking at your quotes, the liberals were ready to run right out there and shoot
Saddam Hussein themselves when Bill Clinton was in the White House !

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Meanwhile ..

Scott Ritter

William Scott Ritter, Jr. (born July 15, 1961) was an important United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq from 1991 to 1998, and later a critic of United States foreign policy in the Middle East. Prior to the U.S. invasion of Iraq in March 2003, Ritter stated that Iraq possessed no significant weapons of mass destruction (WMD) capabilities. He became a popular anti-war figure and talk show commentator as a result of his stance.

In 2001 Ritter on two occasions was detained and later arrested on charges of soliciting minors for sex on the Internet that were both dismissed. He was arrested on similar charges in 2010 that led to a conviction and sentence of one and half to five and a half years.

Iraq and weapons of mass destruction

For Bush - and Obama - a gut check

The intelligence on Iraq's WMD was whatever the president and his cronies (including his erstwhile ally at 10 Downing Street) wanted it to be. Over seven years of UN-mandated weapons inspection activity, conducted from 1991 until 1998, had produced a well-defined (and documented) record of disarmament which, while not providing absolute verification of the disposition of every aspect of Saddam's WMD programmes, did allow any observer interested in the facts to ascertain that Iraq was fundamentally disarmed from a qualitative perspective. This, coupled with the presence of the world's most technologically advanced and intrusive arms control regime monitoring the totality of Iraq's industrial infrastructure, provided a high degree of confidence that Saddam had neither retained nor reconstituted his WMD programme.

Saddam had NO WMD's as stated by Colin Powell and Condaleeza Rice in 2001

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
Yeah a lie to get oil! Why do you think the people of the middle east hate us?! Not because we're a free country and different from them, but because our government starts wars for things such as oil that should be rightfully theirs. Start a war based off of things that you don't even have enough evidence to prove true, and post up over there and drill for oil behind the scenes. It's the perfect plot, and nobody would have the slightest clue....Until now.
I think it's more reasonable to believe that they hate us for that reason than anything else. We've invaded their country. Taken their oil, killed their people..All because we want oil! It's all a scam. America really has made a bad name for itself. Not proud to call myself an American, I refuse to support my country and any country that is not honest and forthright with it's people.

This is nothing new.
Do you think FDR knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor?

FDR rolled out the red carpet for the Japanese to drag America into World War 2.
He was surrounded by isolationists and Great Britain was hanging on by their
fingernails.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Let's not forget about Sadaam taking baby seals out of their incubators and leaving them on the cold, hard floor to die

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Let's not forget about Sadaam taking baby seals out of their incubators and leaving them on the cold, hard floor to die

Let's not forget about US Soldiers killing multiple innocent civilians including childrens.

For example:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Oh this couldn't possibly be true this man will suddenly have mental problems and probably kill himself soon...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think what people are missing is the harsh reality that in order to bring the world under control of one unified body, it requires war. The real fight in American politics is who will be in control when it happens. Liberals generally want a unified body that can beat every country into submission. Republicans are more inclined to wanting peace while being left alone. This of course requires war to beat the rogue elements into submission so that America does not get nuked, etc. In the end it really is about WHO is in control when it becomes reality.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Republicans are more inclined to wanting peace while being left alone.
Jimmy, do yourself a favour and Research the PNAC, and which Party they are affliated with.

Then you will understand why fellow ATSer's find your posts so Amusing.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Oh great. Another one of these posts. I guess everyone has the right to their opinions though.

There was no need to sell a war to anyone. Irag violated the terms of their Gulf War cease fire. Saddam kicked out weapons inspectors numerous times, refusing to comply with the agreement which his government signed while a weak President Clinton allowed him to do so. Whether Iraq had wmd's the second time around was irrelevant. He had them in the past and used them in the past, which is why he had to agree to those terms. And when you violate a cease fire, then it's back on Baby!

Bush's war could actually be viewed as a continuation of the first Gulf War and not an entirely new campaign. Although I think Bush's biggest problem was communication; the administration did a horrible job reminding the public about the past. Bush hedged his bet that there would be wmd's found and when they didn't, he lost credibility. Although, if the police surround my house telling me they are going to bust down my door in exactly 3 weeks and confiscate my drugs, then you better believe I'm flushing them all before they come in.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
From the greedy corporations to corrupt government this country is rotten to the core. Putting American troops in harms way and killing innocent Iraqi's under false pretences nothing short of criminal. Those responsible should be put to death!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I am generalizing. Of course there are bad elements in both parties. They both want control. I don't think we can become isolationists. There are just too many people wanting to destroy us.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've known all this since 09/11/2001 at approximately high noon Eastern Time.

The U.S. Federal Government (as it is known, but certainly not what it really is) hasn't told the truth to the U.S. people about anything important since Dwight D. Eisenhower gave his farewell speech in 1960 and warned us about the 'military-industrial-complex'. The man saw this coming far more than anyone realizes and he was powerless to stop it.

The problem lies in the solution. The flag-wavers who willingly send their sons and daughters off to join the Army to kill all them rag-heads who 'hate us for our freedums' and who are now suffering the head injuries, blown off limbs and grave-site visits that followed are probably not the ones who are going to seek vengeance and justice even though it is they who have suffered the most (apart from whatever country we've savaged lately). Those who consider Rachel Maddow a 'madcow' and fail to realize she's an actual accomplished JOURNALIST, of which we have precious few today, also aren't going to be of any help whatsoever. Neither are those who are so ill-educated and muddy-thinking that they have yet to learn the difference between 'they're' and 'there' and 'their' in a blog post...

White House petitions????? Don't make me laugh sardonically. How's that secession movement working for ya?

Unless a group of militarily trained now-civilians want to:

1. Make a list of the 100 or so individuals that are responsible for gross human rights violations, including their addresses and bearing Hague-court style charges against them, are
2. Willing to go up against Secret Service protection details, gated compounds, numerous possible addresses including DUMB underground hideouts (essentially palatial estates that your tax dollars paid for) and
3. Arrest or kill on sight every last one of them, file charges, waterboard or otherwise torture their sorry asses until further information we haven't yet got a clue about is brought out, and then public executions as a warning to at least the next generation of psychopaths and sociopaths is achieved...

Then nothing will change.

And your grandsons and granddaughters will grow up in a world where people are taught to wave their flags, vote for puppets, join the army, die for nothing, kill for nothing, get poisoned with chemical and radioactive weapons for nothing, and meanwhile the cabal of evil will continue to benefit, the middle class will be completely wiped out in this country, and nothing will change. Except it will get worse.

These are the people who brought you 'safe' radioactive power plants that are now contaminating everything, and who hid the work of Nicola Tesla which would have given everyone unlimited free meterless electricity.

These are the people who poisoned the atmosphere, your blood and the very ground you walk on with hundreds of nuclear tests and tainted vaccinations and hid at least a half dozen different potential cures of cancer from you.

These are the people who worship profit to the exclusion of common sense and global sustainability of the very ecosystem we depend upon to be able to live.

These are people who would blow up the planet to prove that they can. On a whim.

They're not human, these people. They are something else, but if the rules do not apply to them, then they certainly should not be protected by those same rules...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I am generalizing. Of course there are bad elements in both parties. They both want control. I don't think we can become isolationists. There are just too many people wanting to destroy us.
The People seeking to Destroy what the US stands for, are not outside the Borders of the US.
As this OP has shown, and many already knew, they are behind the Scenes in Unelected Positions, pulling the String of Elected Officials.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior

I take it you have not been to the middle east. SA, Dubai, Kuwait, UAE, ect are very wealthy countries because we buy--not take--buy their oil.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOLIDSNAKE101

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Let's not forget about US Soldiers killing multiple innocent civilians including childrens.

For example:

Except those documents show reports of civilians being found killed, not that the US exceuted them and that leap is very disingenuous and a deliberate deception. Factions killed each other quite a bit over their and a large part (and largely ignored part by the left) of the violence there was sectarian--sunnis vs shia.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread T.A. As you said anyone with a brain has known this forever, but it's really nice for independent confirmation. I'm with you on the total cleansing. Let's grab the torches and pitch forks and purify Washington.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join