It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% PROOF The Iraq War Was A Lie- Declassified Rumsfeld Memos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
What was the name of that General who admitted the Bush crime syndicate had a 'Hit list' of countries to invade, back in 1996?
Can't remember it off hand, but the list included Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Iran among others.
This was years before 9/11.
Curiously, the General did a complete 180 a short while after doing the interview...no, he wasn't got at, course not.

General Wesley Clark Exposes The NeoCon Plan To Take Out 7 Middle Eastern Countries In 5 Years

Beyond The Curtain
Clark documents how the US will take out 7 countries in 5 years. Starting with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Lybia, Somalia, Sudan and then finishing off Iran. I guess Afghanistan was a bonus.

The beginning is important too but a @2:20 is the breakdown of the particular comment on an attack on seven countries if 5 years

But why would the PTB give General Clarke such a forum so to reveal this? Big question I think - it seems very suspicious to me because Clarke is obviously "one of them."

edit on 20-2-2013 by EequalsMC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
I think it was a lie too BUT. I don't see how anyone can possibly doubt that Saddam had WMD's of almost every variety. Just as the Kurd's who live in TN. They will tell you of chemical warfare and relentless bombing by Iraq at that time. Maybe the part that said there were no atomic bombs is true but chemicals are nasty and even Clinton's were saying so about the attacks. I should know about those chemicals and human exposure I am an environmental biologist/chemist who served in the Army. Clearly the power mongers trumped up an excuse to go to Iraq when Osama was in Afghanistan. Then the son of the most evil Daddy Bush said he wasn't interested in Ben Laden. Then Obama keeps us over there and Gitmo still full of POWs they won't call POWs.

The power mongers need to be removed from power and most everything they claim to have earned legally by this false system they use to prop themselves up should be removed from their control permanently. I think they are stealing the election in both parties anyway they can to keep whomever from either party, whom the power mongers own, in place for there use and our abuse. That way they can pretend we get to sweep out the ruling party while in reality WE get stuck with their people in control anyway!

We may have to do like the man of African decent, Massey I think his name is, says on the World Net Daily site and petition the International court for reclaiming of our country from the thieves who ignore our Constitution. As they have used the government to line their pockets, take our rights inch by inch and then start wars against the major majority's wishes. Just ask yourself how many do you know who want endless war in Iraq and Afghanistan while we borrow relentlessly from China? Not anybody I know so far at all.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

Saddam did in fact have limited WMD, in the form of poison gas...the equipment to create it incidentally was sold and supplied to him by the West, same as most of his military equipment was, same as the components for the Iraq 'super gun' were. The equipment and stocks of gas munitions were certified as destroyed by Saddam, according to UN weapons inspectors including Hans Blix, the head honcho.

(who was ignored when he was trying to get the West to listen to him, when he claimed Iraq WAS complying with UN resolutions, and did NOT have WMD's any longer.

He did use gas against a villiage in the North Kurdish region, the bastard, which was probably a callous test of the effectiveness and dispersal pattern of the system. Terrible, yes, but in reality NO more terrible than the 100's of 1000's that were blown to bits with Western 'smart bombs' and general ordnance....blown to tiny pieces, burnt alive or gased, they're still dead...only when the West did it, it wasn't an isolated village, it was hundreds of thousands of victims.

The proof of what most people with open eyes already knew about the Bush cabal is in, vindication for those who tried to scream this from the rooftops, but were met with blind cynicism and eye rolls, yes, but more than that, it's proof that we in the West, not just in the US, but all over are not only routinely told little white party political types of lies, but lies about the biggest events imaginable that happen inside and because of our countries.

Whenever the term 'official story' is henceforth used, it should be noted that the majority of it is going to be lies and viewed with extremely critical eyes.

And these sorts of people want to snatch your right to defend yourselves? No wonder they do...when we discover exactly what these organised criminals and murderers have been doing, not just about the various wars they've 'organised', they don't want 300 million armed and very pissed off citizens looking to lynch them!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EequalsMC3

Originally posted by MysterX
What was the name of that General who admitted the Bush crime syndicate had a 'Hit list' of countries to invade, back in 1996?
Can't remember it off hand, but the list included Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Iran among others.
This was years before 9/11.
Curiously, the General did a complete 180 a short while after doing the interview...no, he wasn't got at, course not.

General Wesley Clark Exposes The NeoCon Plan To Take Out 7 Middle Eastern Countries In 5 Years

Beyond The Curtain
Clark documents how the US will take out 7 countries in 5 years. Starting with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Lybia, Somalia, Sudan and then finishing off Iran. I guess Afghanistan was a bonus.

The beginning is important too but a @2:20 is the breakdown of the particular comment on an attack on seven countries if 5 years

Thank you EequalsMC3, that will save me going bonkers trying to find the one i have.

Reposting, as it deserves to be seen by many.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOLIDSNAKE101
This is how it started , selling bogus wars to American people!

If you have time , this is must watch!

The War You Don’t See

edit on 20-2-2013 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

Have you also read the document entitled "Silent weapons for quiet wars"?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The realty though it's not governments doing this, it is capitalist interests.

Rumsfeld, Bush, Cheney, that whole crowd are capitalists.

Rumsfeld was also responsible for the nuclear escalation of the cold war, in order to increase arms spending.

Blaming government is not getting to the root of the problem. The government we have is a result of the economic system. Government will not change until we change the economic system. Smaller government just gives capitalists more freedom to exploit, use the military for their ends etc., bigger government is also not the answer.

'Capitalists'?? Really??

Haven't got through the rest of the thread yet, so someone may have already picked you up on this Anok... but 'Capitalists' couldn't be a more incorrect description of this cabal of thieving, murdering, spineless, soulless, corrupt to the core sociopaths.

I think a more appropriate and accurate description you may wish to consider would be: 'Corrupt Crony Corporatists'.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Can´t you just like umm, press charges against one of these politicans? Like if you lost a family member in the WTC can´t you sue the # out of G.W.Bush? If this is in fact 100%proof, and you have a clear case, why do you wait for somebodu to arrest them? Do it yourself, sue him NOW. And if you get together and mass #loads of ppl who has been affected bc. of 9/11 (like losing a family member) You ALL should get togheter and sue the responsible people. DO IT, I mean it, do it!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Now let's move on to Afghanistan... Why are we still there? The war on terror? Covert Military operations in Libya which lead to the Benghazi debacle? The coming wars in Northern and Central Africa....etc etc... It is very apparent that our govt. is quite adept at creating enemies and scenarios that lead us into war.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think this clip sums it up -

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I do not really get it. If there is real proof of such a large cover up the politicians that instigated the war should be up on charges on mass murder... It is a massive failure of government..

There SHOULD be charges laid.

'Course there also should be charges laid with a whole pile of other atrocities.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Additional info:

Former Powell chief of staff ‘damn sure the Bush administration cooked the books’ on Iraq

Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, said Monday on MSNBC that he’s “damn sure the Bush administration cooked the books” when it came to pushing for the invasion of Iraq.

Wilkerson was speaking to host Ed Schultz about the Republican filibuster of Defense Secretary nominee Chuck Hagel, but transitioned into a plug for MSNBC’s new documentary “Hubris: Selling the Iraq War,” which aired Monday night.

Video of the interview at the link above.

Of course the Repukes have their usual defense in place - 'liberal media blah blah, Maddow is a libtard blah blah'. To be honest I thought about posting this Monday night when the Maddow program first aired it but it's not worth trying to go against the here at ATS, so to me the biggest surprise is seeing a Maddow-based post with this many stars/flags. Maybe the sheep will wake up after all.

PS: This is NOTHING new to the people who have been paying attention. You'd have to be a blind imbecile to believe the Iraq war was anything other than a scam by the Bushies - as one of their own has now claimed - their attempt at creating the perfect corporate-owned utopia.

PPS: Kudos though for giving the topic some exposure, and to Maddow for uncovering more paperwork of the massive fraud. Maybe some day we'll get some prosecutions over the Iraq fiasco.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I bet this comes as a great shock to ATS "official word" defenders. Perhaps some of them, and I will refrain from naming some very popular members, should read this article to finally come to realization that....Officials lie. Presidents lie. Scientists lie. People lie. Every day. Sometimes for private interests, sometimes for interests of a group. Almost never in the interest of the body it represents.

I find it very naive for a grown man who is educated to not to have this thought always in his mind when evaluating official word on some event.

Anyway, am not surprised. The sad thing about all this...there won't be any consequences from this. Nobody will answer for it. And only the lonely conspiracy "nut cases", as they call them, will remain banging that same ol' tune...

In a society where everything revolves around profit, you are a damned fool to think they somehow "care" or wouldn't lie to the public. Profit comes first...truth comes out only if it serves an agenda.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
you mean its taken 12 years and your stunned by this, this revelation.
Like you were just sitting there eating a jelly doughnut and bam you had a moment of clarity reading the news and what? caught up with the rest of the planets collective thought pattern and you get over 150 flags for something we already knew.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
Profit comes first...truth comes out only if it serves an agenda.

Yeah well the agenda part of this we've haven't even gotten into yet. And I am talking about what agendas and motives the Obama administration may have for declassifying them- if it was them that did it. I guess that remains to be seen. But regardless, this nation cannot continue to stand on lies. It WILL lead to WW3.

I swear, seeing those memos shocked me the same way I felt after seeing all the inconsistencies with 9/11, the initial refusal for investigations, the 9/11 Omission Report, and on and on. I mean we toss around forums speculating about it, but when the real deal smacks you upside the head- it goes from conspiracy fantasy right onto your dinner plate as edible, poisoned food.

And now, I think I'm gonna be sick. Again.

EDIT: and speaking of 9/11, there's an important 9/11 case coming up, and we have a thread on it:
Historic 9/11 Case Brewing as AE911T Presents Evidence in Court Against BBC!
edit on Wed Feb 20th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

the 9/11 Omission Report

Looool

That's a good one

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas
Can´t you just like umm, press charges against one of these politicans? Like if you lost a family member in the WTC can´t you sue the # out of G.W.Bush? If this is in fact 100%proof, and you have a clear case, why do you wait for somebodu to arrest them? Do it yourself, sue him NOW. And if you get together and mass #loads of ppl who has been affected bc. of 9/11 (like losing a family member) You ALL should get togheter and sue the responsible people. DO IT, I mean it, do it!

This would be like saying O J Simpson was responsible for the death of his wife and her friend.
Oh! Wait!
There was a wrongful death lawsuit about that case.
Do you think some one could show that this war was intentional and that the deaths of 4000+ men could be termed as "wrongful"?
There could be a lot of money change hands if a civil judgement were handed down against the defendents in such a case.
I don't understand why this has not already happened.
Oh! Right!
These people are above the law and the U S Constitution is just a piece of paper.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It is apparent that most people want to blame a single party for the WMD intelligence that led to the War on Iraq, the truth is that both Democrats and Republicans were on the same page. Long before Bush took office in fact. It appears to be part of the attempt to bring rogue nations into line with a long term goal of a world controlled by a single body of government in the end. Here are some quotes from Democrats before Bush took office, as well as after he took office. It is obvious that it is not a partisan issue.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It was always just a show. Remember, Bush set up the White House Iraq Group in 2002, which was specifically purposed to sell the idea of invading Iraq.

The White House Iraq Group (aka, White House Information Group or WHIG) was the propaganda arm of the White House whose purpose was to sell the 2003 invasion of Iraq to the public. The task force was set up in August 2002 by White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card and chaired by Karl Rove to coordinate all the executive branch elements in the run-up to the war in Iraq. One example of the WHIG's functions and influence is the "escalation of rhetoric about the danger that Iraq posed to the U.S., including the introduction of the term 'mushroom cloud'"[1].

Full Explanation: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You'll have no argument from me.

I've never made that distinction. It's all the same crap. If other party won the election, the same "contributors" would be all over them. Profit cares not about politics. It only cares to corrupt what's in it's way to make more profit.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The Neocons (aka "Project for a New American Century") BEGGED Clinton to invade Iraq in 1998. The same cast of characters - Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bolton (and what passes now for Fox "News" consultants) stated in 98 how Iraq would be used as a 'springboard' into Iran, Libya, and Syria; this was part of their "Rebuilding America's Defenses" manifesto. (Newamericancentury.com)

Here is the 1998 letter to Clinton these neocons wrote:
Iraq-Clinton Letter

Karl Rove gave a very telling comment to a reporter in 2008 about controlling the mass media when they were 'selling' the Iraq war - and this holds truer today than ever before as more media outlets have come under corporate control.

"Guys like you are in--what we call--'the reality-based community'. You believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." "That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

Karl Rove to Ron Suskind (New York Times Magazine) in 2008.

The Neocon agenda for war in the middle east has been one of the most destructive forces in American politics (not to mention the rest of the world) and has cost tens of the thousands of lives in the Middle East. It's a war crime that needs a thorough investigation and prosecution.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Is this the same Rumsfeld that attends the Bilderberg meetings and walks away with his scripts on what to say and do for the next year?

You people are so easy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join