It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% PROOF The Iraq War Was A Lie- Declassified Rumsfeld Memos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
So whats the next step -- sue the U.S. government????

Wait, we're broke - but it would still be nice to have a "People's win v. the U.S. government" on the books

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

That would be General Wesley Clark.

Good story, not sure the source for it though. Sad if true...

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Now, will those that blindly support Obama finally admit that he is controlled as well?

Drone strikes?
Kill lists?
Indefinite Detention?
Prosecuting whistleblowers?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I couldn't have put this any better myself. Personally, I'm like...meh...I figured this out quite a few years ago, but yeah...it is nice to see it confirmed. As you say, it means nothing now, unfortunately.

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Nice to see confirmation I guess. Anyone with a brain knew it already and to be honest the rest without brains won't register what this means anyway. It will have zero affect in reality. Sad.

On a side note, I could have sworn there was a slide going on here earlier, will be interested to see if this stays up there or not.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
couldn't sleep last night, so i started channel surfing and came across this.
i'm not a big msnbc fan and just can't stand a few seconds of that old rachel madcow woman.

but this documentary, based off the book. says more than any thing else can,

Hubris
there are a bunch of ex cia nsa and other people who worked for the government that said bush and the gang wanted and used false info and out right lied.

even collin powell aid said this and that collin went in front of the un knowing it was bs.
i recommend watching it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by okamitengu
the real surprise to me was that anyone actually believed it in the first place.

seriously, they suddenly start throwing around the word iraq straight after 911... they were gunning for a showdown

They had this planned long before 2001.

What was the name of that General who admitted the Bush crime syndicate had a 'Hit list' of countries to invade, back in 1996?

Can't remember it off hand, but the list included Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Iran among others.

This was years before 9/11.

Curiously, the General did a complete 180 a short while after doing the interview...no, he wasn't got at, course not.

It's not only Bush and his cronies that are guilty, Blair and his band of not so merry men and women are too.

And poor old Dr. Kelly, who blew the whistle on the WMD dossier, used as a pretext to assist Bush in Iraq invasion #2, being a complete fabrication by the Blair Government...found dead in the woods, long suspected by many theorists mainstream and fringe, to have been an ordered assassination.

And the 100's of thousands civillians and combatants dead?

And the multi-billions in Halliburton 'reconstruction' contracts?

The one and only good thing about this, is the gullible sitting in front of the news, believing every word those lying scum were saying, might finally begin to realise the lunatics are indeed running the asylum. And a sharp suit and a silver tongue where these people are concerned, really is like tying a silk ribbon around a turd.

All you get is a sharp looking turd.

When do the arrests start?

Col Prouty.....The Secret team...check you tube for interviews with him......

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What really bugs me about this is that they didn`t really care if we knew that they were lieing because they knew that there was nothing we could do to stop them anyway.They also knew that even when the truth did come out that there still wasn`t anything that we could or would do about it.
Our elected representatives let us down and they will continue to let us down by turning a blind eye to this kind of corruption.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
passing the buck only leads nowhere
this is everyone's responsibility

a republic if you can keep it

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was serving on active duty at the time of Desert Shield/Storm. The idea was to push the Iraq army our of Kuwait, an 'ally'. The whole coalition thing was a giant mistake. Our armed forces would have been better served if we had declared war on Iraq. If we had done that, things could have turned out radically different. They say the old 'WMD's" and willingness of Iraq to use them was the real motivation. Iraq had already in fact used a weapon of mass destruction, mostly on the Kurds in the North. Iraq used chemical weapons, something despised by every sane person on the planet, probbly the Universe. After the cease of 'combat operations' (Seriously?), the UN sent people to find Iraq's 'WMD's'. The didn't find them. Because they were knuckleheads!. The Iraq Air Force buried several MIG-25 jets in the desert. A MIG-25 with chemical weapons uploaded could take off, from say a desert location near the US-Mexico boarder, or from a field or frozen lake in Canada, say somewhere near Vancouver. This aircraft, flying at low level, at MAX operating speed would reach say, San Diego (US NAVY Bases) or Seattle (US NAVY bases) and we would have ZERO chance to intercept them. Z E R O! Our elected public servants think an 'assualt rifle' is a WMD. Imagine what that MIG or MIG's could have done, if some Iraq citizens wanted some pay back. Luckily, we dodged that bullet. Luckily. Additionally, if the US had declared war, with the supposition that Iraq had WMD's deployable almost anywhere on the planet, it would have been a NATO operation, and quite probably, we could have been out of there a lot sooner. But once again, our 'leadership' boned us totally. If your question is, how would Iraq reconstitute it's ability to use a chemical weapon against the homeland of one of they're 'advesaries' after the coalition beat down the 3rd largest standing army in the world at the time, in a little over 100 hours? Ask yourself this, what kind of weapon is the current administration sweating so much in Syria? Chemical. Syria has a porous border and an allegiance to Iraq. A very chilling prospect at the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It's always nice to see more and more evidence of a corrupt and twisted Gov't come to light and as the years go on this kind of information seems to be coming out faster and faster. I mean, when did the Gulf of Tonkin incident first to come light, 2005? The Iraq war began March of 03 and 10 years later evidence is STILL coming out. So the history will show us a repeating theme for these absolute deadly and destructive wars we always seem to be in and now, hopefully, more and more people aren't going to be so quick to join in the war chants, but of course it's all situational.

Here's a scary scenario, a N. Korean nuclear war, a real threat and has been for some time now. A nation that is completely brainwashed & leader/Gov't that is insane. Well, so I hear, I've never been there so what do I really know but I'm going to assume it's suck there. Either way though, the N. Korean threat seems to be the way more realistic than one from Iran.

But of course, the West is invading and occupying the Middle East so Iran is always on the table and probably will be hit by at least NATO at some point. I mean, that's an easy call right? In any case, my fears are towards N. Korea while praying for no more war or bloodshed.

Things are only gonna get crazier if these so called leaders don't actually work together to silence the war drums. Or do they want war?
edit on 19-2-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thank you for this TA

It's incredible how the pieces are falling rapidly into place.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What gets me is the US had every right to invade Iraq under the cease fire agreement from the first war. Iraq violated the no fly zone and Clinton just lobbed a few Tomahawks instead of finishing it. I never understood why they went the WMD route?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

I live near Vancouver, Canada...

Those Mig's would be pretty hard to fly off our never frozen lakes...and from our mountain ranges.

But your post is a serious indication of another problem you have.

A military hopped up on steroids, and a great number of them who feel meaningless without some "action".

These numbnuts will believe anything fed to them in the controlled state they are kept in, just to get rid of the monotony!

A perfect drone who knows nothing but what they are told, without any evidence, and who always side with "there guys" no matter how much they get screwed.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I'd hardly call this a smoking gun.

It appears to just be an outline of a plan, of which I'm sure the government has something for every possible contingency under the sun.

But hey if you think it is 100% proof I imagine we can look forward to prosecutions and sentences being handed down right?

You raise a good point but America and the world is pretty much on the same idea of the Iraq war being a bunch of BS but as always the men who gave us such a crime will most likely, very high probability, never ever be held responsible for their actions. The proof is in the pudding.

The only thing that can bring them to justice here on Earth is a large portion of the population literally demand justice. What people pay attention to and agree upon is a very powerful tool indeed. So that or a miracle by God, Budda, Jesus, Moses, Allah, whoever. Maybe the miracle will be to have the people demand justice?

edit on 19-2-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I watched that. I was grinding my teeth. What I remember most was how every state department, CIA and other minion officials kept saying, We were led astray, We had no idea. I look back now and realized I had bad information, blah, blah, blah.

Sounded like the Nuremberg trials after WWII.

"What? Who me? No, not me!"

The show was basically a forum for all the "slightly" guilty parties to clear their names (and deny their part in any-everything). The real up top culprits they served (both Bush's, Rice, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell) were only reviewed in file footage. New revelations were just made to those that already existed. No new investigations or hearings are forthcoming. What a benign account. More absolution than inditement.

And still there is no accountability.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

start up a petition and get it noticed.. once there is a collective voice being heard something will be done.

social media could help it spread
edit on 19-2-2013 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The realty though it's not governments doing this, it is capitalist interests.

Rumsfeld, Bush, Cheney, that whole crowd are capitalists.

Rumsfeld was also responsible for the nuclear escalation of the cold war, in order to increase arms spending.

Blaming government is not getting to the root of the problem. The government we have is a result of the economic system. Government will not change until we change the economic system. Smaller government just gives capitalists more freedom to exploit, use the military for their ends etc., bigger government is also not the answer.

No gov't then? This reminds me of Goldie Locks, how much gov't is just right?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by choos
reply to post by Swills

start up a petition and get it noticed.. once there is a collective voice being heard something will be done.

There might already be one going on right now as well as many others, in one form of another, on the WH petition site.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, this was apparent very soon after the war began. ..no duh...And most have acknowledged as such. And frankly, the maddowblog is about as unbiased as Rush Limbaugh's vagina.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SELAboy
Well, this was apparent very soon after the war began. ..no duh...And most have acknowledged as such. And frankly, the maddowblog is about as unbiased as Rush Limbaugh's vagina.

Yeah but to finally see the actual memos, and more importantly, the methodology of criminal, rogue government at work- is priceless. And it should end any doubts for people on the fence. YES. WE ARE RULED BY CRIMINALS. The Obama administration is no different. And arguably- WORSE.
edit on Wed Feb 20th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join