It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball spotted at the last hour in the skies of southern Italy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Mt.Etna has been kicking up since the 18th.
Could it be rocks blowing from her?
She is close to the Straights.
Possible?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Alright I'm gonna say it.

It was not too long ago I had a dream (this was not a regular dream) it was vivid, surreal, real. I was camping out with my family in the woods and all of a sudden I look in the horizon and I see fireballs coming down from the sky. Intense fear struck me, I stopped breathing from the reality of what I'm actually witnessing. This was rather tagged as a special episode in my dream journal, and definitely kept it in the back of my head. The recent incidents of the meteor in Russia and now this, reminded me of my dream. Hm...Lets wait and see.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
my theory is this , i think they knew the big one was coming or did they not seen much evidence of this big one was this created to distract us from the one they knew about coming to hit they just was unsure where or more to the point did not care if Russia got hit. why cause panic? for that matter mass panic .

they was all like look this is gonna miss us . oh we didn't see the one coming towards Russia even thought afterwards they had satellite pics of it.....hmm ........ quite

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would have to agree with others opinions that meteors aren't bombarding earth anymore than usual...instead its the awareness and consciousness of them that has increased due to:

A) media attention
B) the spectacular nature of the Russian Meteor

This is how "awareness" works...and without going too far off topic its the same reason people think "bullying" and "school-shootings" and "gun related crime" are a pandemic...Same type of deal with the perception of an increase in earthquakes due to:

A) increasing quality and quantity of equipment to measure any and all earthquakes across the planet
B) increase access and availability of information on earthquakes when and where they happen and how strong etc..
C) increased reporting due to the trending nature of "news"

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My hope is that this will spark interest in sky watching and stargazing, resulting in lots and lots of videos of events like these. My understanding is that they happen all the time, but there's usually not nearly as much media and public attention placed on them. I love it when things that are always there but largely ignored get some time in the spot light.

Like the guy who recently set the record for the tallest wave ever surfed while being recorded. Giant waves like that aren't unusual, but I hadn't had the opportunity to see them before. But after that, everyone started recording footage of them and YouTube was awash in clips of huge waves. Something I, for whatever reason, love looking at. Just like these fireballs, which I hope to see more of.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Mt.Etna has been kicking up since the 18th.
Could it be rocks blowing from her?
She is close to the Straights.
Possible?

Believe me - if Etna was throwing fireballs that far - I'd have pics of it - or be dead! LOL!

Fireballs that size would have to be HUGE - but I love the idea don't get me wrong!

Mt. Etna Eruption Coverage - 2013

peace

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by purplemer

It should be pointed out that that image is from 2009.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Are you certain about that? They are clearly remarkably similar, but when I view them side by side, a lot of differences stand out. The flare at the front of the comet is more pronounced on the ATS image. There are less small spots of debris in one and the debris appears in different places. The nose end of the national geographic comet is somewhat thinner. The sky appears slightly darker in one image. I would also say the image posted here's comet has a slightly sharper angle of decent.

A lot of this stuff could be explained away by one image simply being of better quality than the other mind you. Not to mention the fact that is could be the same meteor, but shot in multiple frames. Maybe even slightly different stills pulled from the same video. I'm just saying I couldn't be sure.

edit on 22-2-2013 by kundalini because: Fixed quote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join