Several Major Gun Manufacturers Refusing Business With Law Enforcement In New York

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The general feeling amongst several gun manufacturers in the Empire State is that, if lawmakers are going to disarm law abiding citizens then they are going to limit the ability of law enforcement and government officials to obtain their products as well.
The most compelling statement in my view comes from York Arms, which simply ends with a statement to government customers – “Your orders have been cancelled”.

menrec.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Great this is what we need.. Make the GOV have to build their own weapons and ammo if they want them.. Keep private business private and don't sell to ANY GOV agency or employees...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nice find man, new york gets owned AGAIN!

we have idiot law makers...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yeah and magpul is pulling out of Colorado and says it wont do business in the state of Colorado or any other anti 2n amendment state lots of local governments gonna be missing out of lots of tax revenue from this if we can get ruger bushmaster and smith and Wesson in on this we might accomplish something

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I would bet money that the list will get longer. People are already leaving NYC due to taxes.

Sounds a bit like the movie Escape from New York don't it?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

For “civilian” customers residing in New York:

At your choice, we will:

complete your order and ship to a dealer of your choice outside of NY
refund your payment in full
hold your items here for up to 6 months, at no charge – if you are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state.

For LE/Govt customers in New York:

Your orders have been cancelled.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It seems like every day another Company bans New York.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yep stop making and selling rifles to the military and law enforcement then they can no longer call them "military style weapons", I love it and God bless em. Then go after the ammo makers as well to stop doing contracts with them, this would be perfect. Like has been said the three major ones Sig, Colt, S&W need to step up to the plate, balls in their court. And us peons will remember these smaller companies that stood behind us in the future, watch out those ones will be the next big leagers soon.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Gotta get them from somewhere. I guess "Made in America" doesn't mean much anymore. In this economy it should. No prob for them though. They can always buy off the Italians or Belgians. Silly issue.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe this deserves it's own thread

Colorado College Advises Vomiting Or Urinating To Stop Rapists After Lawmakers Pass Gun Control Bills

The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Department of Public Safety has updated an online statement advising female students to consider a variety of unusual actions if they are attacked, including vomiting, urinating and claiming that they are menstruating.

The advisory was updated Monday evening, just hours after the Colorado state House of Representatives passed a package of gun control bills that includes one that would make it illegal for people with concealed weapons permits to carry guns on the campuses of public universities. The bills still have to go to the state Senate and governor.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If they really want to get to the government of New York, and other states that are pushing the gun control issue, then they should ask for a number of officers, and private security people that are with the government and then sell them say about 6 bullets per person total. That means that all law enforcement and the private security persons would find that they now have an ammunition shortage. After all the politicians would have to then decide who gets the bullets, the law enforcement of the private security company that provides them with armed body guards. Just imagine having to explain to the people that they represent that the police can not protect them or use firearms cause the bullet supply that is there would be there for a private security.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
its the same thing that happens to ca with Barret after they banned 50bmg also of note while not directly related to the thread numerous sheriffs around the nation are also saying they will not comply with infringement of the 2nd amendment like the siskiou county sherrifs department
denver.cbslocal.com...
www.mtshastanews.com... from ca

from my town and county www.dailyinterlake.com...

“As our state and country continue to discuss and debate gun control legislation, the position of our association remains steadfast,” the statement said. “The MSPOA will not waver in our defense of the Constitution and will stand to preserve our constituents’ right to possess firearms and the protections insured by the other nine amendments contained in the Bill of Rights.” The statement goes on to describe the belief of the organization that infringing on gun rights only weakens those who follow the laws, not criminals. “The MSPOA feels that any legislation that takes away constitutional protections, including gun rights, from law-abiding citizens will not alleviate or eliminate the threat from violent or mentally ill individuals,” it reads. “In fact, it would expose our law-abiding neighbors to violence with fewer resources to counter them with.”

www.wkvi.com...
www.koat.com...
www.24hourcampfire.com...
www.bob-owens.com... omment-page-1/
www.sanfernandovalleynra.org...
www.marketplace.org...
www.theblaze.com... d-other-gun-restricting-states/

Olympic Arms, Inc La Rue Tactical EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower York Arms Templar Custom Cheaper Than Dirt
the list grows

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
[snip]

They still have a way to go before their-laws can be implemented and hopefully its stopped short...otherwise I might just have to make that move to somewhere "my kind" is welcome...

Oddly though most people I talk to throughout this state don't agree with gun-control...so I don't know where the "support" for this crap is coming from within Colorado...Denver/Boulder area most likely...

Think I found out why the "opposition wasn't heard"
www.youtube.com...

apparently the opposition to gun control is being relocated out of hearing range.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
...Denver/Boulder area most likely...

Tends to be the urban areas. The rural areas have few problems. Look at an electoral map though. Cities carry more weight than rural areas. That's also where that most people are. That's democracy, whether you like it or not sadly.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

...Denver/Boulder area most likely...

Tends to be the urban areas. The rural areas have few problems. Look at an electoral map though. Cities carry more weight than rural areas. That's also where that most people are. That's democracy, whether you like it or not sadly.

Yea well I haven't agreed with democracy every since I found out it was a veiled mob-rule...Hitler's Germany would have functioned just the same under a democracy.

Having said that, you are right...whether I like it or not...that is the way it is. The question is how to change that without being labeled a "terrorist"...???

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think it is great and I applaud the manufacturers doing this, but I wonder, won't the other gun companies just "see a hole and fill it"?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If people do not need certain weapons and capacity magazines for their own defense, neither do the police. Sell them the same firearms as the average person receives. These new control issues seem to be based on the point of unnecessary to possess.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Big city issue...

When Texas relaxed it's handgun laws for private citizens, the DA in Houston said no deal. The legislature said is that so and just amended the law to remove the judgement call in the matter.

Gov. Perry also signed H.B. 1815 after passage by the 2007 Legislature, a bill that allows any Texas resident to carry a concealed handgun in the resident's motor vehicle without a CHL or other permit.

Previous legislation (H.B. 823) enacted in the 2005 session of the Legislature had modified TPC 46.15 ("Non-Applicability") to include the "traveller assumption"; a law enforcement officer who encounters a firearm in a vehicle was required to presume that the driver of that vehicle was "travelling" under a pre-existing provision of 46.15, and thus the Unlawful Carry statute did not apply, absent evidence that the person was engaged in criminal activity, a member of a gang, or prohibited from possessing a firearm.

However, attorneys and law enforcement officials in several municipalities including DA Chuck Rosenthal of Houston stated that they would continue to prosecute individuals found transporting firearms in their vehicles despite this presumption, leading to the more forceful statement of non-applicability in the 2007 H.B. 1815.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2/19/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)
edit on 2/19/2013 by roadgravel because: syntax

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
The general feeling amongst several gun manufacturers in the Empire State is that, if lawmakers are going to disarm law abiding citizens then they are going to limit the ability of law enforcement and government officials to obtain their products as well.
The most compelling statement in my view comes from York Arms, which simply ends with a statement to government customers – “Your orders have been cancelled”.

menrec.com...

So they'll keep the guns they pick up from criminals....what's the big deal anyway? They can use this little trick to buy better guns from the Germans saying they couldn't get their guns here. Still...

More proof the NRA is "gun manufacturers & lobby." My family is in NY, most of them Republicans and they have their own guns but I want their law enforcement armed. I'm sure they do too. Why don't these gun manufacturers think of who they end up hurting when they make these knee jerk reactions.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

[snip]

They still have a way to go before their-laws can be implemented and hopefully its stopped short...otherwise I might just have to make that move to somewhere "my kind" is welcome...

Oddly though most people I talk to throughout this state don't agree with gun-control...so I don't know where the "support" for this crap is coming from within Colorado...Denver/Boulder area most likely...

Think I found out why the "opposition wasn't heard"
www.youtube.com...

apparently the opposition to gun control is being relocated out of hearing range.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

lol at vid.. 'permit' to protest! lol, the world has gone insane.. double speak is a reality.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join