Ghost writer: New app to keep you tweeting after death

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Due to be launched in March, the LivesOn application will keep tweeting after you pass on. The service will utilize advanced analysis of your main Twitter feed, to carefully select appropriate subjects, likes, or articles that would have been likely to interest you, posting them on your behalf for your friends to read. Source

I do not "tweet" so maybe I shouldn't evaluate this but it just seems a little disturbing to me. With the 3 stages of grief, denial being first, it seems to me that this app would simply delay movement beyond the first step. At the same time it seems that apps like this would be the first step in preserving a persons personality after death. There are similar apps that have been released so it does seem that people are interested in using these apps. I can see it as a way of leaving messages for young loved ones for when they grow up, but to see someone I know to be passed on "Like" something or "recommend/share" something is a tad bit creepy. According to the article there are mixed opinions on this so I know I am not alone, but I wonder if it is just the old fogies like me, that find it creepy.

What say you ATS?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Due to be launched in March, the LivesOn application will keep tweeting after you pass on. The service will utilize advanced analysis of your main Twitter feed, to carefully select appropriate subjects, likes, or articles that would have been likely to interest you, posting them on your behalf for your friends to read. Source

I do not "tweet" so maybe I shouldn't evaluate this but it just seems a little disturbing to me. With the 3 stages of grief, denial being first, it seems to me that this app would simply delay movement beyond the first step. At the same time it seems that apps like this would be the first step in preserving a persons personality after death. There are similar apps that have been released so it does seem that people are interested in using these apps. I can see it as a way of leaving messages for young loved ones for when they grow up, but to see someone I know to be passed on "Like" something or "recommend/share" something is a tad bit creepy. According to the article there are mixed opinions on this so I know I am not alone, but I wonder if it is just the old fogies like me, that find it creepy.

What say you ATS?

My opinion?? It will be about as useful as the guy who was buried with his teletype = not useful.

We were talking about this ... check these articles out. Funny take on post life communication in the technological age.

gizmodo.com...
www.nbcnews.com...
www.thedigitalbeyond.com...

and my personal favorite :
www.geekologie.com...

Ill just wait for some static on the TV or a Franks Box/ovilus to be used by a loved one after I croak...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I plan on actually haunting the people in my life after I die.

Tweeting is for noobs.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sounds weird to me. I don't think any software along these lines can accurately gauge what the deceased would think and feel is worth posting, or what they would "like". It might be more probable based on x, y or x that they'd like x, y or z, but probable is all it is.

Plus, who cares what people would "like". If I have anything important I want to share with my family after death then I'd make plans to share it.

I don't want a piece of software guessing. The app is worthless. It has no value to anyone. Is my opinion as a 23 year old twitter user.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm wondering .. who's gonna charge your phone and keep the app running when you're gone.

We'll run out of IPV6 IP's in less than 200.000 years if the dead stay online. A shocking thought.

new topics

join