Elizabeth Warren EMBARRASSES Bank Regulators at first Hearing

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I tried to do a search for this, but seems we have a new search engine and it was hard to tell if this is on here all ready or not. Was a tad confusing.

Anyhow, I just came across this and I was tickled to death too see Senator Warren keep trying to get a straight answer for a simple question. She certainly got a lot of fancy dances, but no straight answer. I hope she stays on this track and keeps pursuing this as it is much needed, and I also hope others follow. She is definitely going to be stepping on some toes and making waves,(Good for her), but we all know what usually happens then dont we.

Just so you know what the video is actually about, her question is "When was the last time you took Wallstreet Banks to trial?"

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Saw this the other day. I truly think that she is primed to be plan B for the democrats in 2016, if Hillary decides not to run.

I truly believe she is one of the few 'people first' politicians out there.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I agree with you on both counts. I live in Rhode Island but saw a lot of her ads last year when she was running for this position and it struck me then as well. The thing is though, the ones that pull the strings may not feel she will be a good "Team Player" and that's sad for us.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Great thread. Senator Warren is up and running in the Senate, and it's about time someone at least tries to get answers to the questions of why some people are so far above the law that you don't even see them. I know Wall Street tried to defeat her last year, and now I can see why.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I truly think that she is primed to be plan B for the democrats in 2016,

That would be an easy mark. Elizabeth Warren, the fake Indian.
I can see the commercials now. If the dems put her forward they are insane.

2016 ... Hillary Clinton or Bill Richardson for the dems.
They are capable and can get the job done.
Hillary has Bengahzi-gate baggage .. but she can get through it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have to agree with you on this one.

She played the race card, pretending to be Native American, until she was caught. That is definitely a huge strike against her before the race even starts. Republicans will have a field day with this one.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"Too big to fail" is what she said. I've heard that before and it never pans out for those that apply it to themselves. It's not the attitude itself that self-destructs......it's the resulting action, and when it comes to financially based actions that mindset will turn whatever you have into a house of cards. You can't base what you're doing on that action itself. You can't make money simply for the sake of it.....you have to have an underlying reason why that is beneficial to all involved. ( Go ahead, tell me they have other peoples' best interests at heart. I need a good laugh) Otherwise you have banks and such that keep crying that they need more and the feds give in and simply print more. While that's happening, the smaller businesses get the shaft because of the short-sighted actions of the banks and the politicians who follow their every lead hoping to get a piece of the action like so many hungry puppies.The blind leading the blind on the ultimate trip to failure while the passengers, us, have no say in where we're going.

Pretty sad huh?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow, bankers are shamed and regulators too...
I'll bet theyr'e still taking your money.
Mmmhm, that's right.
Shame me all of the way till your last dollar, shaming is no punishment for those who haven't a care.
Get your money out of the banks folks!
We'd thrive without them, they cannot survive without us.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is a Democrat "for the people"....

said no one, ever.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If the bank regulators aren't embarrassed by their previous criminal negligence and covering for their bank buddies, why should some questioning by Ms. Warren embarrass them now?

I see this as political theater for the people, so we'll think that something is being done about the banks destroying this country, but in the end, the most that may happen is, some guys sweat in their Hugo Boss suits while being questioned, and maybe, if we're lucky, some middle-management fool will get slapped on the wrist.

This accomplishes nothing. I wish that this was the beginning of bringing these nightcrawlers and bottom-feeding financial criminals to task, but past experience tells me that, if John Corzine (MF Global) can play innocent and say that he has no idea where $1.2 billion went and get away with it, nothing will come of this dog and pony show either.

I'm not jaded, I've just seen this too many times to believe that justice will be served.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If the worst thing they can come up with on her is a silly so-called "fake-indian" scandal, I think she'll be ok.

Mind you, I choose not to vote for either major party at this point, but I she wouldnt be easy to beat.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If the worst thing they can come up with on her is a silly so-called "fake-indian" scandal, I think she'll be ok.

Mind you, I choose not to vote for either major party at this point, but I she wouldnt be easy to beat.

So you don't think that a politician that openly lies about her race to gain sympathy is going to have any problems?

Do you honestly believe that somebody that would stoop to that level will not do other things to further her career?

These are not the people we want in charge of our nation. We want honest people. Unfortunately the democrats could nominate a rock and their base would vote for it but getting the independents is another matter entirely.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

You missed the point of my last comment. As I said before, I don't vote for any major party. And one of the main reasons is exactly this-there is not a politician out there who is not dirty. So much so, that the 'fake indian' scandal is perceived as minor.

I do think that she is a person who could do some good. I dont think it matters in today's system.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Bottom line - she's unqualified to be POTUS.
And she's got some ditzy-baggage to have to deal with.
Faking being American Indian is the fodder of SNL jokes.
There are others in the dem party MUCH more qualified than her.

But then again .. the dems went with Obama, who was totally unqualified instead of Bill Richardson or Hillary Clinton who could do the job much better .. so you never know what they'll do.

new topics
top topics

join