It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So, if I understand you correctly, the door must have been opened from the inside, after you closed it?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The way it locks on the inside is so strange. It basically can only be locked if you are staying in there. Also the connections to the Amityville Horror. Just don't start sleeping down there or listening to what the "Indian Head" test screen tells you.

Actually speaking of that, could it have been a nineteenth century panic room? Something for the women and children to run to if there was a Native American attack? You at least see that in movies all the time. I don't know if they really existed. I'm not sure it would do much but it might buy you some time. According to the map, your house was on the outskirts of the town, fairly vulnerable as far as homesteads go.

Honestly, it would really creep me out, and the fact it doesn't creep you out, and further than that you feel compelled to it... is paranormal to me. Personally.
edit on 20-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fjernt
So, if I understand you correctly, the door must have been opened from the inside, after you closed it?

No...it could have been opened from the outside. It can only be locked from the inside so if pushed close from outside it does not lock or latch.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Maybe back then, but the way it is built you could easily get in there with some force.

AS for the lock yes the door would have had to been latched and can only be opened from the inside... but who's to say I didn't close the door all the way? Because I don't remember and I don't want to start making assumptions

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

I don't know if you noticed my post (the last picture was just a joke obviously) but do you think that glow looks similar to a face maybe? Or is it just me?
I changed the hues in the first one to bring it out better, nothing else other then that and rotating the photo 90 degrees CW.
edit on 20-2-2013 by kx12x because: added info

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kx12x

I don't know if you noticed my post (the last picture was just a joke obviously) but do you think that glow looks similar to a face maybe? Or is it just me?
I changed the hues in the first one to bring it better, nothing else other then that.

Eh, I don't see a face but that's just me... although the "fog" type stuff is strange to me, i'm sure it has a logical explanation... but to head back down to the basement for a bit.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Slap...quick question. does your *attraction* to this shed have an *old* feel to it.

Des

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Alright so I was just down there and didn't hear or see anything but felt somewhat uncomfortable as I was taking pictures in the dark... Nothing came up in the photos that I noticed, I said I'd post them so here they are.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ehhhh somewhat, the term that comes to mine is aged and withered... Why do you ask? From everybody's input, this has gotten me rather questionable about everything and what has been going, i'm growing more and more curious

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

One reason being...you appear, from your postings in this thread, to be quite intuitive. Susceptible to *vibes*. I really don't like that word, vibes, but it will do for now. Now, you are following your first impressions, and draw to this shed.

I find it very interesting, you have a logical way of presenting your feelings, and data. I am drawn into your excitement just because you do come across as level headed.

Another side note, I've been meaning to post...now that you've posted more pics of the inside of the shed door...that's a hell of a lot of scratching on the paint. Especially for being on the *inside* of the door. One would think that would be the last place to get that much wear and tear. I get almost a feeling of desperation, from looking at it.

Des

edit on 20-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yeah I'm probably just trying to make something out of nothing there.
That glow is strange though, may be just the lighting, but you should try to put a video camera and a voice recorder up at the back of the room over night, with the door closed to see what comes up, could just be a varmint sneaking in (it was and abandoned house right?) or maybe theres something more to it.

I used to live in a house that was built in the 1800's, over here in Indiana, not to derail the thread here just an interesting story. There was an old grave yard a short walk past the back yard from the mid-late 1800's ranging from infants to 40 years old. The grave yard was a pretty calm and peaceful place, there was a nice little pond next to it, I never really paid much attention to it.
The house on the other hand.. It had a lot of "occurrences?" like yours, I lived there for 13 years and things gradually got worse over time, ranging from furniture moving in the upstairs room eventually (where my room was), to waking up at night, all the lights in my room being on, and seeing them all blow out, one at a time (there were 3 separate lights). I also remember terrible nightmares, when I did eventually move into the upstairs room. Before the upstairs room was remodeled, I was in one of the downstairs (1st floor) rooms. I never really thought much of it at the time and ignored it, but now... I'm just glad I don't live there anymore. Never seen or heard anything like it since then, been almost 5 years.
Anyway though, I wouldn't recommend tearing down your shed, at least not until after a little investigation.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I've picked up on things for as long as I can remember. Do I see things? no. Do I feel things? yes I do...

I have the recorder and I am going to put it down there in a little bit to record over night... It will take me a while to review all of the audio. So if there is anything of significance, i'll post the recording....

Also note to add.. I just gave my little guy a bath and he asked me "where are the monsters?"

I said "what monsters?" and he failed to respond because he had gotten side tracked. That isn't the first time he's said something that caught my ear. I've heard him talking to alone in his room and he would tell me he playing with his friend, when no one was there. could this being a young child making up an imaginary friend? Quite possible. I'll shrug it off for the time being...

I've also noticed that when things have seemed to have occurred it has been later in the day (early evening and throughout the night)...

Tomorrow morning I've got a guy coming to do an electrical job in the basement, so the recording may be cut short depending on what time he starts working.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

I don't have a camera, but if it gets to a point where I feel as if I need to put one down there then I will. As for now, I'm only recording audio for the night.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Interesting pictures. It might be nothing, but heres what I noticed..

First picture, has a small light, or orb if you will, in the upper left corner. Is it the reflection of a nail, or a small light installed there?
Also, in the lower left part, there is a shadow outlined on the wall. Is it yours? Where you backlit as you took the photo?

Second pic, I see the same slight "glow" or shadow in the corner, same as the previous pics, only less discernable.
(note: those old pipes, would be perfect for securing someone or something in the room)

Nothing in the third, as far as I can see.

But the fourth picture, I find very interesting... On the doorframe, it looks to me, like the right half of a person, turned towards the camera.. It might just be my imagination ofcourse, but it looks to be the only part of the doorframe itself that has any clear wear.. Pretty unusual wear-pattern, from my point of view atlest.

Does anyone else see this too? Almost looks like a very old sephia photograph of a small person, such as a little girl.. I clearly see the right half of the face, the right arm and part of the torso, and the right leg..

What do tou guys think?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Interesting pictures. It might be nothing, but heres what I noticed..

First picture, has a small light, or orb if you will, in the upper left corner. Is it the reflection of a nail, or a small light installed there?
Also, in the lower left part, there is a shadow outlined on the wall. Is it yours? Where you backlit as you took the photo?

Second pic, I see the same slight "glow" or shadow in the corner, same as the previous pics, only less discernable.
(note: those old pipes, would be perfect for securing someone or something in the room)

Nothing in the third, as far as I can see.

But the fourth picture, I find very interesting... On the doorframe, it looks to me, like the right half of a person, turned towards the camera.. It might just be my imagination ofcourse, but it looks to be the only part of the doorframe itself that has any clear wear.. Pretty unusual wear-pattern, from my point of view atlest.

Does anyone else see this too? Almost looks like a very old sephia photograph of a small person, such as a little girl.. I clearly see the right half of the face, the right arm and part of the torso, and the right leg..

What do tou guys think?

In the photos I just posted there is no source of light other than the flash off my camera. I kind of see what you are saying with the first picture how it looks like there is a shadow... but I don't know... This may be a lame excuse but I don't have my glasses right now so maybe that's why I'm not seeing what you are seeing.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I just noticed this. See the older man with a beard? Head slightly tilted to his right (our left), as if he is looking in at the room? (the smaller circle)
The girl, or small person is located in the larger circle.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: (no reason given)

lean back, or tilt your screen slightly back, to get it abit darker. Comes out clearer that way.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: messed up the imglink

edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: Clarification

edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: Further clarification

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

What a play on my imagination. Tilting my screen back, I do see, quite clearly, a small girl, standing. She has shoulder length dark air, appears to be about 10 or so years old. Knee length whitish dress. How interesting.

Des

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I just noticed this. See the older man with a beard? Head slightly tilted to his right (our left), as if he is looking in at the room? (the smaller circle)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

lean back, or tilt your screen slightly back, to get it abit darker. Comes out clearer that way.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: messed up the imglink

edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: Clarification

F that! now I see it after tilting my screen back haha damn...

also We have a "harry potter" type closet underneath the foyer stair case that also only locks from the inside... here are the pics.. the door seem a lot bigger because of the angle of the photo but in reality the door is about 5 feet tall..

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Can you see the face of the old man too? If you focus on the center of the smallest circle, you should see him quite clearly. My heart skipped a beat when I first saw it:p

Ofcourse, it is in the human nature to try to make order out of visual chaos, but with the whole background story, this is getting really interesting.

As for what you said about your son, it is generally believed that children have an easier time seeing paranormal activity (no pun intended). As they are not yet fully indoctrinated into all the adult beliefs. I also remember reading that imaginary friends are quite a rare thing. Mostly caused by trauma or isolation.

Either way, you have a really interesting and beautiful home, spirits or not

Could you perhaps check the location of the 'orb' on the first picture, so see if there is something there that could have caused the reflection?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
everything in the basement is wood all really old with the exception of the old piping but that is on the other side of the basement and not there in the shed... the orb though can be explained that is a copper water line that I sweated in there for the kitchen on the 2nd floor.... as for the face of an old man... I don't see it...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join