It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Jimmy Hoffa on property north of Rochester is 'imminent'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

www.theoaklandpress.com

Sources in area law enforcement contend a dig for the remains of slain former Teamsters’ President Jimmy Hoffa, based on a recent tip by his one-time friend and convicted Detroit mob leader, Anthony “Tony Z” Zerilli, is “imminent.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi all

juist saw this pop up

Wow we might finally find Jimy Hoffa..Zerilli came forward last month and claimed that after Hoffa, who disappeared in the summer of 1975 from a restaurant parking lot in Bloomfield Township, was murdered, he was taken to a piece of property on Buell Road and buried underneath a barn that no longer exists

Wheres Hoffa has been such a mystery for years it will be cool to finally get some real closure and I feel like this is gonna be legit and they are gonna find him ,

www.theoaklandpress.com
edit on 19-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
why does anyone care? I don't get it, couldn't they use their time for a number of more important things.. how much is this crap costing tax payers?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
why does anyone care? I don't get it, couldn't they use their time for a number of more important things.. how much is this crap costing tax payers?

I really only care because its such an old case and we have been hearing about it for years

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I get the sentiment, but it is for his family, so they finally "Know" what happened.
But I would bet this is going to be yet another false claim.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Then let his family pay for it... He is either dead or he doesn't want to be found either way who cares...

What about all the missing kids and people that go missing every day that are happening daily rather then 100 years ago why does he matter more then they do, how about we spend money on finding people who might actually be alive.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There was a general consensus among those most likely to know that Hoffa's body was placed inside a car that was then crushed, and made into scrap metal. I remember one former associate saying when interviewed that " Jimmy is probably somebody's wheel trims", will be watching with interest.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, hiding bodies is not rocket science with some of these older guys. Remember they planted those two brothers who ran Vegas in a cornfield. So Hoffa buried under some barn would make sense. And why dig him up? Have you ever heard of family, and closure? I'm sure his son and other family members would like to give him a proper burial and memorial. I hope this is finally him.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance.

Who in the world is Jimmiy Hoffa ?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Does anyone watch "Breaking Bad"? Yes, it's a television show; but it illustrates that there is more than one way to dispose of a body

I'm sure a high profile person like him wasn't put into a simple hole in the ground ala "Goodfellas". Besides, I thought the mob was known for "cement shoes"?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Excuse my ignorance.

Who in the world is Jimmiy Hoffa ?

en.wikipedia.org...

James Riddle "Jimmy" Hoffa (born February 14, 1913 – disappeared July 30, 1975, declared legally dead July 30, 1982[1][2]) was an American labor union leader.

Hoffa was closely involved with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) union, as an organizer, from 1932 to 1975. By 1952, Hoffa had risen to national vice-president of the IBT, and served as the union's General President between 1958 and 1971. He secured the first national agreement for teamsters' rates in 1964, and played a major role in the growth and development of the union, which eventually became the largest single union in the United States, with over 1.5 million members at certain times, during his terms as its leader

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I would have cut him up and added him into the horse meat with the mcdonalds hamburgers

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

All unions need banned......All he did was fuel the union fire, which is why the USA has to outsource everything and import in all goods from foreign land!

Thanks Hoffa for ruining the USA by making unions push and push for more money......

Either way I hope he is found so his family can have closure and we can stop hearing about it

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Thank you very much Sir. So it's basically like in one of these old black & white movies from the 60ies.

Marauding union gang boss gets in touch with the wrong gangsters, resulting in a 22 .cal stuck in his skull and a funeral under an old barn.

I could swear I saw that movie one day.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

www.theoaklandpress.com

Sources in area law enforcement contend a dig for the remains of slain former Teamsters’ President Jimmy Hoffa, based on a recent tip by his one-time friend and convicted Detroit mob leader, Anthony “Tony Z” Zerilli, is “imminent.”

I heard they buried him in two places - half-a here and half-a there.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here's the problem...how many times has this body/bones likely been moved due to leads? I doubt he'll be found as I don't think they buried him. He's either with the fish or he got chopped up and fed to the dogs.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Um, they did. At least that is my understanding of what happened.

Paul Castellano, who was boss of the Gambino family until John Gotti killed him, was also owner of a company called Blue Ribbon Meats. It has been insinuated that more than a few victims were disposed of as hot dog meat. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy Hoffa was one of them.

I believe that at the time of Hoffa's disappearance, Carlo Gambino was still boss of the family which bears his name. Paul Castellano was Carlo Gambino's cousin and also, grossly enough, his brother in law. He was also I believe (memory is really fuzzy tonight) Gambino's caporegime or consigliere or some other high position. Anyways, he would have known what was going down in re Hoffa.

Former organized crime researcher.
edit on 2013/2/19 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How 38 years ends up rounded off as 100 by some is confusing me. Aside from that, there is more at stake here than just closure for the family. Finding a body would open the door for criminal charges if the state wishes. There is no statute of limitations on capital offenses and a body would go a long way towards satisfying legal specifics as well as potentially yielding evidence advantageous for prosecution.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
As an Italian myself, I understand he crossed the wrong guys and well...

What a waste of Tax Money and Resources, the "Iceman" Richard Kuklinski said he ended Hoffa long ago, and that was good enough for me as again Hoffa was a rat.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonopolyMan
As an Italian myself, I understand he crossed the wrong guys and well...

What a waste of Tax Money and Resources, the "Iceman" Richard Kuklinski said he ended Hoffa long ago, and that was good enough for me as again Hoffa was a rat.

As a non-Italian, I'm going to refrain from replying to your post, in the interest of not saying anything rather than saying something really not nice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join