It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i figured out how exactly "the secret" works

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oh boy, another incarnation of an old "new age" idea.

How about Quantum Jumping for the alpha nerd version.

Or maybe the network marketing/religious version, "Hung By The Tongue" and The Tongue, A Creative Force

Then there is the world of psychiatry's version The Self Fulfilling Prophecy

There are more but I think that is enough. If any of them actually worked we would all be living in paradise. In other words, we wouldn't have to wait for death to go to heaven.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The Law of Attraction, aka The Master Key, aka The Secret, is a Law like the Law of Gravity. It exists and is there no matter if you do or don't believe it.

It isn't a new-age thing, it's been known for centuries and taught by the 1% to their apprentices, aka the so called secret societies which they recruit from.

Don't care if you don't believe, not selling you anything, just providing you with knowledge. Take it or leave it.

Napoleon Hill - Think And Grow Rich - 2h13m long

The Secret - 1h31m long

The Opus Movie - Law of Attraction 1h07m long

sirric

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I know first hand The Secret techniques work 100%. I read the book and watched the movie 3 years ago. All my successful friends were reading the book, but nobody was believing it enough to form their own goals. I committed myself 200% to formulating goals, writing them down and putting myself in that mind frame that I was going to reach the goal, no matter what!

I was working my tail off for multiple doctor owners of a large medical group. I had an epiphany one day, why was I working for someone else when I can open/run my own company? I had no money to open a business or buy an existing one. I literally did every single thing mentioned in The Secret and low and behold, the money came to me.

I never in a million years would of guessed how the money to open a business presented itself. It was not a bank loan either. It just did, because I believed it so much that when I explained to others about my business idea, including sharing performas (I did my homework extensively), I got investors without searching for investors, they came to me! I'm making 100x more money and it's been 2 years since I opened my business.

We owned a few rental home and our home, but with the USA economy, we were severely upside down in the houses. We spoke to a certified public accountant (CPA) who told us it would take us 10 years to break even on what we owed on the homes. We decided to give all 3 houses back to the bank. There I was, brand new business just opened and I'm giving back 3 houses. I decided I would never allow the bank to own my house (for long) again.

I put The Secret to work again and focused on relocating our business, 5 employees and our family (our business is internet based, we have an office, just not customers walking in) to where I grew up and had family (where it is also warm). We did not have the funds to make this move. I literally planned the move, along with staff as if it was a reality already. We got the money (a lot to move that many people and a business) to relocate 2 states away.

I then focused on The Secret again and buying another house before we moved to our new state. But how could I buy another house if we gave 3 back only 2 months before as my credit was ruined! This is how The Secret works. I bought a house and qualified for a loan at 9% interest (not good, that's not my point). I then put The Secret to work again and PAID off my house within 12 months. I'm completely serious.

I Put The Secret to work yet again and now I'm retiring (and I'm only 46) in 2 months for the rest of my life. This is only 2 years into The Secret working and 3 years since I first read the book.

How? YOU NEED TO LIVE IT, VISUAL IT AND ALMOST OBSESS ON ANY GOAL YOU WANT. Live your life like you already achieved it. Literally go through the motions as if it's happened already. I did all of the above within 2 years! Went from broke, losing my home to never working again. I swear to God this WORKS 100% IF YOU JUST DO IT EXACTLY AS EXPLAINED!!!!

If I can explain it, this is how it works. It's almost like the movie "Catch Me If You Can"where the guy who was not even 21 yrs old pretended he was a pilot, and then a doctor and everyone believed him. Why? Because HE BELIEVED IT AND he WAS LIVING THE LIFE as if he was that person/profession. Watch the movie. It's not being a con artist, it's about believing it yourself.

My family really is blown away as every single time I set a goal, when it seems like the impossible, I make that goal happen within months. I do not give up if problems appear, I figure out the problem and keep moving forward. I do not say BS like "it's not meant to be". That is a losers logo. If it's a good thing and not illegal or dishonest and will be good for you and others, then it's always meant to be.

I can't say enough without it coming across like a sales person or something. If you knew me or my story, you would drop everything and buy the book. The problem is, the majority of people are comfortable in their difficult lives. They don't believe they can achieve what appears to be "the impossible". I promise you, if you set a goal, believe it happened already, live your life as if it happened, think about it as often as possible each day, your goals will happen and they will happen fairly fast, less than 1 year, within months.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Can't speak for others, but the general idea of "the secret" or law of attraction, worked for me and the wife....

It started out with little things, like an unexpected check in the mail, etc.

Within a couple of years though, my wife and I went from renting a broken down house, to having our own ranch, horses, business, etc. Sure, a lot of work went into this too, but the dream was realized a lot sooner than we would have ever thought possible. Could it be coincidence? Sure...but I'll still take it.

In essence, this is the basic idea of "magick", focusing on the desired effect, and putting that desire out into the Universe to manifest it. The rituals and props of magic are really just to increase that focus and belief, they aren't what makes it work. Poo poo it all you want, but it won't change how it has worked for some.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

you did not fully belive in in it then only wished it

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

The thing is, what does it do with the rest of your life?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If this actually work as much as people claim. Why not go to a poor country and start teaching this to all of them?

If they are starving to death, don't worry, just KNOW you will get that delicious rice regardless of what reality is showing you and then it will lead you to getting it.

If this were true, world hunger would have been solved already, especially since most poor countries are religious and people get desperate in tough times, so why hasn't this worked?

What about the people that just KNEW the world was gonna end in 2012?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by micmerci
Why haven't all "the secret" experts won the lottery yet?

I have. Twice.

I rarely play the lottery. I won 100 dollars on two separate occasions where I randomly got the urge to buy a scratch off with the accompanying unique and pronounced knowing that I would win. I mean I knew.

One time, I also had a dream about a girl that I hadn't seen or thought of in 5 years. The dream itself was unusually lucid and in some way it felt different than most of the dreams I usually have. I saw that girl the very next day. She had been completely out of my mind for five years. The dream was completely random.

Everyone who buys a card hopes to win and many are sure they will, the coincidence that you did win is not related.

Was that the top prize that you could have possibly won from the scratch card?

More likely you were hoping to win the top prize. But didnt so you have deluded yourself into thinking that the prize you did win was as good and down to some special process from the universe. This is the kind of delusional thinking that most problem gamblers have. I suggest you never take up gambling as a hobby.

edit on 20-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

Don't forget to buy the ticket!

Great post, positive refreshing- Thank you!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It isn't about a specific MEANS to the end...

You have to focus on WHAT you want, not HOW to get it...the Universe will devise its own means of HOW it manifests. Buying the ticket simply gives the Universe one means to the end...but it's important to focus on the result...not how.

Visualization...not just passive desire, but really picturing the way your life should be, and constantly reinforcing it...I think that is the real idea behind "the secret".

As for teaching it to everyone, it's one thing to know, quite another to practice. If you think it's all a bunch of hooey, then yeah, you can't really expect it to work for you. Yet, I bet one of those African kids is visualizing a better tomorrow, and ends up getting charity, a leg up, and eventually becomes a doctor.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnoEht
technically speaking you, me anyone can win the lottery, everything in your life that you've ever wanted can come true..let me explain.

we are all different people sharing the same physical plane of existence...however each individual experiences reality completely different and can MOLD and CONTROL how their reality will play out on a personal level, while obeying the laws of the 3rd dimension and as long as you do not interfere with another individuals "self universe/reality"

heres an example of what im trying to explain.

you want to win the lottery? well you can all you have to do is actually believe without a shadow of a doubt that you will win it. and here is how my theory plays out. obviously you cant just "wish" you could win the lottery and magically a ticket appears in your hand with the winning numbers. instead by you thinking and focusing REALLY REALLY hard on winning and the feelings of winning, what you will do is set off a chain of events that will lead you to the point of winning the lottery, all while obeying and respecting the fundamental laws of physics and the basic reality.

let me elaborate on that...... what will happen is that EVERY event from the point of your "winning wish" will lead you to that moment of choosing the winning ticket. im talking about every drink of coffee, every turn you take when driving, every conversation you have, every breath you take, hand movement etc....EVERYTHING..is just a set of "plausible" and "realistic" chain reactions that follow the basic rules of the universe, and by this i mean like i said earlier that something just wont appear out of thin air with your wish or thought.

you are literally a master and creator of your reality as long as it doesn't directly interfere or "cross" with another persons...and as long as its "realistic" enough for you to actually believe it.

why havent i wont the lottery yet? because it wasnt until recently that i had this epiphany and trust me its on the way, every type of the keyboard every word i write every time i blink eventually it will lead me to the thought that i focused on, i can visualize it, i can see it. it will happen it just takes a while

well all the lottery winners i've heard speak just say they always played it without thinking or caring as they never believed they'd win it, and they weren't into these beliefs and from working class backgrounds, getting on with life. To them it was pure luck.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

It's called magic or alchemy or many other things.

The secret of the occult is that we are our minds and everything around us is us.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

As for teaching it to everyone, it's one thing to know, quite another to practice. If you think it's all a bunch of hooey, then yeah, you can't really expect it to work for you. Yet, I bet one of those African kids is visualizing a better tomorrow, and ends up getting charity, a leg up, and eventually becomes a doctor.

Which means nothing when they are ALL hoping for a better tomorrow.

Like many of the posters in this thread have said people who don't try 'visualize' being the winner get lucky all the time.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

You should tell this to those starving to death in a third world country or dying of disease.. I am sure they will be happy when you tell them it is just their mindset that is making them poor and sick.
And what exactly would happen if everyone learned about the so called secret and wanted to be rich?? How would that work with the limited resources??

It is funny how you can be so damn naive when you havent even gotten any results yourself...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

lol.....Im sorry to rain on yer parade on this one but this only works if the universe's energies are aligned with the energies of your self.Simply believing, just is not enough to trump the will of the universe itself.But like planetary bodies and stars when they align to certain degrees they produce results of energy transference.So making sure your will and the universe's will matches up enough for there to be cause an effect.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by EnoEht

Be careful, wishful thinking and delusion can be contagious.

big difference between wishful thinking and delusion.

you see this is why things aren't working out in your life...all it takes is a radical shift in your attitude and the way you perceive the world around you.

theres more to it than black and white, theres more to life than the regular 9-5 monotony, you just have to see it, otherwise you are just another worker bee running a rat race until you keel over and die.

wish you the best and maybe one day something will change your grim and gray outlook on life
edit on 19-2-2013 by EnoEht because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2013 by EnoEht because: (no reason given)

yes but if you think working 9 to 5 is boring, you haven't got the correct career, or haven't believed in yourself enough to work for that career. THAT is 'winning' the lottery. Money is material nonsense, and means nothing as it will not make you happy even if it can open doors to help. But in reality anything that is special and life changing and satisfying is not winning the lottery. Love, showing people kindness to change lives, doing a career which satisfies and utilises your talents, being happy and at peace with yourself and friends, and being creative working on a hobby etc, are all things that help and give a sense of well being and achievement.

Also if everyone in 9 to 5 jobs all won the lottery as you suggest they should not live that way but all win big and retire on their cash, then who would actually be there for the lottery winners to spend their money on ?
There'd be noboyd left working in shops, or to make the goods millionaires buy, or the clothes and furniture they buy, or te cars they drive, and there'd be no food and noboyd running restaurants....infact if everyone was a millionaire, it would be that everyone was equal and money would be worthless as everyone would be rich with nothing to spend money on, and society will be in chaos and nothing would run.

It would actually be the same as if everyone was equal in owning nothing and having no money.
Infact then society would be as it once was where people would need to grow their own food, harvest it, make their own clothes, furniture, and things, and mend them, and use candles instead of power, and use hand tools and keep animals for meat. It would infact heal society as everyrone's work would be centred around working on their farm with family, self sustaining and not being slaves to the system but being free and working to feed one's self and family. Also each family would be artist, actor, and msuician, as everything would need to be made, and entertainment would be a family each telling a story or playing some music instead of watching Tv etc.
This would be truly how life was meant, where a person did abit of everything and so felt satisfied, instead of being a professional at one thing and relying on shops to buy food, most which is GM and contains junk that kills you.

You made me think of soemthing completely different, which shows maybe the law of attraction may work, but not as you think....maybe what you did posting this comment of yours, caused me to come to reply with one answer and then drift into soemthing else which makes us realise far deeper things and the answer to all our needs and problems....its been staring us all in the face.

But back to my initial reply, yes if everyone sbecame a lottery winner using your technique and stopped doing 9 to 5, society couldn't run, as eveyrone would be rich and nobody would be out there doing anything anymore....it wouldn't work and would be impossible, which is why as things currently are, only a few win and a few is possible...

peace and may you be blessed with true richness in spirit and wealth and wisdom...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

technically speaking you, me anyone can win the lottery, everything in your life that you've ever wanted can come true..let me explain.

we are all different people sharing the same physical plane of existence...however each individual experiences reality completely different and can MOLD and CONTROL how their reality will play out on a personal level, while obeying the laws of the 3rd dimension and as long as you do not interfere with another individuals "self universe/reality"

heres an example of what im trying to explain.

you want to win the lottery? well you can all you have to do is actually believe without a shadow of a doubt that you will win it. and here is how my theory plays out. obviously you cant just "wish" you could win the lottery and magically a ticket appears in your hand with the winning numbers. instead by you thinking and focusing REALLY REALLY hard on winning and the feelings of winning, what you will do is set off a chain of events that will lead you to the point of winning the lottery, all while obeying and respecting the fundamental laws of physics and the basic reality.

let me elaborate on that...... what will happen is that EVERY event from the point of your "winning wish" will lead you to that moment of choosing the winning ticket. im talking about every drink of coffee, every turn you take when driving, every conversation you have, every breath you take, hand movement etc....EVERYTHING..is just a set of "plausible" and "realistic" chain reactions that follow the basic rules of the universe, and by this i mean like i said earlier that something just wont appear out of thin air with your wish or thought.

you are literally a master and creator of your reality as long as it doesn't directly interfere or "cross" with another persons...and as long as its "realistic" enough for you to actually believe it.

why havent i wont the lottery yet? because it wasnt until recently that i had this epiphany and trust me its on the way, every type of the keyboard every word i write every time i blink eventually it will lead me to the thought that i focused on, i can visualize it, i can see it. it will happen it just takes a while

So what do you figure that the outside time limit is on this lottery winning? You DO have it all worked out right?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
reply to post by EnoEht

lol.....Im sorry to rain on yer parade on this one but this only works if the universe's energies are aligned with the energies of your self.Simply believing, just is not enough to trump the will of the universe itself.But like planetary bodies and stars when they align to certain degrees they produce results of energy transference.So making sure your will and the universe's will matches up enough for there to be cause an effect.

in a way this confirms what Christianity teaches, and that if it is in God's will, then you can have it, and if not you get what is best for you. And Jesus spoke about how faith , even as little as a mustard seed, could move mountains and nothing be impossible to you if you trusted God's power. This is why faith is so important and Jesus says if one prays and believes God will and has answered if if in His will, then it will happen....so all this stuff about the law of attraction and 'the secret' seem to confirm to me that some modern day new age types have pinched ideas from Christianity and twisted them and repackaged them as their own. But those things don't work as they don't account for God and His will in the scheme of things...

Infact of all the people I know who are heavily into this 'secret' stuff, none have had their intentions answered and then they become paranoid and stressful believing they have done something wrong or must not mix with negative people or they may be putting negativity on them,.....in short, they end up driving themselves mad or lose hope and resign to thinking they cannot master the secret !
Only one friend claims it worked for her as she asked for a husband to come along as she was getting older and feared losing her chance. But in actual fact it wasn't 'the secret' that made her find a husband, but that she had wasted all her previous chances through doubt and fear that maybe those boyfriends weren't right. her ex boyfriends were all the best guys you could want to meet and everytime she ended up dumping them as she had waited too long to marry and then after 5 years when the infatuation wore off, she'd get bored. So it wasn't like she hadn't had the bets of the crop, but was due to her attitude, which caused her to lose her previous boyfriends. Also possibly because she didn't love them enough ?
This time around, she was putting into her head that 'the secret' would find her a boyfriend, so the first one that came along she dated and with positive mind, and well rather than wait 5 years like the rest before dumping them, this time she was getting on abit and wanted to have children, so after a year or so got married... But he is a lovely guy but is he better than the others ? No, but she decided this time she was ready to marry and wouldn't get another chance to find such a lovely guy... law of attrcation or 'the secret' or change of attitude and belief in that something magical had brought her her man, rather than risking her own decision making and risk being 'wrong' like in the past ?!?! who knows....you decide...but I wish them happiness as any relationship can work if people work on it and are compatible in character....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00777

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
reply to post by EnoEht

in a way this confirms what Christianity teaches, and that if it is in God's will, then you can have it, and if not you get what is best for you. And Jesus spoke about how faith , even as little as a mustard seed, could move mountains and nothing be impossible to you if you trusted God's power. This is why faith is so important and Jesus says if one prays and believes God will and has answered if if in His will, then it will happen....so all this stuff about the law of attraction and 'the secret' seem to confirm to me that some modern day new age types have pinched ideas from Christianity and twisted them and repackaged them as their own. But those things don't work as they don't account for God and His will in the scheme of things...

Infact of all the people I know who are heavily into this 'secret' stuff, none have had their intentions answered and then they become paranoid and stressful believing they have done something wrong or must not mix with negative people or they may be putting negativity on them,.....in short, they end up driving themselves mad or lose hope and resign to thinking they cannot master the secret !
Only one friend claims it worked for her as she asked for a husband to come along as she was getting older and feared losing her chance. But in actual fact it wasn't 'the secret' that made her find a husband, but that she had wasted all her previous chances through doubt and fear that maybe those boyfriends weren't right. her ex boyfriends were all the best guys you could want to meet and everytime she ended up dumping them as she had waited too long to marry and then after 5 years when the infatuation wore off, she'd get bored. So it wasn't like she hadn't had the bets of the crop, but was due to her attitude, which caused her to lose her previous boyfriends. Also possibly because she didn't love them enough ?
This time around, she was putting into her head that 'the secret' would find her a boyfriend, so the first one that came along she dated and with positive mind, and well rather than wait 5 years like the rest before dumping them, this time she was getting on abit and wanted to have children, so after a year or so got married... But he is a lovely guy but is he better than the others ? No, but she decided this time she was ready to marry and wouldn't get another chance to find such a lovely guy... law of attrcation or 'the secret' or change of attitude and belief in that something magical had brought her her man, rather than risking her own decision making and risk being 'wrong' like in the past ?!?! who knows....you decide...but I wish them happiness as any relationship can work if people work on it and are compatible in character....

"God's will"? So is everything that happens here on Earth "God's will", or do some things happen that are NOT God's will?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by EnoEht

Be careful, wishful thinking and delusion can be contagious.

There's an old saying - wish in one hand and poop in the other. Which one feels real?

Or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join