It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i figured out how exactly "the secret" works

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

Part of it is to allow for unexpected outcomes that realize the same objective, so instead of focusing on the lottery, focus on the amount, and make it realistic, say $1,000,000.00, and while playing the lottery and expecting the win, bear in mind that the mil might come from another direction, hopefully not an inheritance!

Edit: I've successfully used "the secret" LOA (law of attraction) with a vision board. Took a while, but when I put my foot down and basically demanded what I was asking, while leaving the time open, in it came and it came fast and via an acausal connecting principal.

It does work.

But there are some missing pieces if you want it to work for you all the time, and those are contained in the book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

Generally speaking, it helps to have a multi-million dollar idea and a detailed plan of action.

There's something about the lottery that doesn't work, because it occurs randomly and because so many people are playing and also hoping to win although in theory you might be able to "out secret" them all.. maybe..

The vision board works, and there's a thing on the net called Mind Movies where for a small fee you can bring your vision board to life (no I'm not plugging it).

The ONE thing that Napoleon Hill discovered was the common denominator among the super rich was, you guessed it - persistent continuous action in pursuit of a goal, along with the help and cooperation of others in a "mastermind alliance". Put all 16 of his principals to work, and there's no stopping you.

I would like to see more of us "little guys" come to power, and change the world for the better, and by God we deserve it.

Best of luck,

NAM

edit on 19-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnoEht
as long as it doesn't directly interfere or "cross"
with another persons.

How can it not interfere when every one and their brother
wants to win the lottery too ?
Every cause has an effect and will 'interfere' with
something or someone one way or another.
Most of the time the cards have already been 'dealt',
and not much can change the hand except to fold,
or go with the flow.

edit on 19/2/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Question to the op author EnoEht,
What's your take on "bad" days "moods"?

For example on day 1, i'll sit and meditate on manifesting "X" things in my life, that they are already present, etc..... Then day 2, same thing.

But then day 3, 4, 5, or 6 will be a bad day, like a headache all day, or a new bill in the mail, or bad news from someone in the family, or just lazy.....etc.... and on those down days, the mind says, " Oh, F it!!!!! I'm not going to get any of that manifesting stuff".

The mind is a Bish!!!!! So its like a few steps forward, and a step back. What's your take on down days?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well put op and it does take practice but it does work. Maybe not right out of the gate, you need to start small and work at it but I can and will work. The power of positive thought is almost magical when it works. And for all those who doubt this I provide the following which happened to me take it as you will....

For 15 years I struggled through life to find a job that made me happy, one that I love going to, something I can take pride in doing and get no censored about. A job where my kids are not ashamed of admitting there dad does for a living. I was a garbage man for 8 years, worked some retail, construction ect, not that these are bad jobs hell they fed me and mine for years but I felt I was destined for better. So I took some initiative and enrolled in college, dual major at age 30 and worked full time. My last semester I got a internship at a leading chemical dependency center in my state. I went into this place like I already had a job there, acted like it for 4 months never once doubting that my office was being prepared for me at that very moment. I will admit I was borderline cocky but positivity is sometimes confused for this. I had no experience other than college but before my internship even ended I was offered a job. I was chosen over far more qualified applicants and I cannot answer why other than the fact that this was my one chance and I went in like I could not fail. I had no choice if I could not get in during my internship then my education was a waste due to the experience requirements of every rehab in the state and the ample amounts of applicants. I remained positive, acted positive and with every atom in my body I believed I could not fail.

Take this story as you will, credit the education which was 2 associate degrees in a field dominated by masters, or credit the internship but in all honesty I credit my positive attitude. I started small with my dream job as a counselor, changing people's lives but next up is the lotto (after which I will probably still work because I love my job that much)

Do not take my disdain for my previous jobs in the wrong way I have fed the world setting irrigation wells out west, built homes to keep people warm and dry and cleaned major cities of their garbage and had experiences I will never forget I just felt I was not living up my my fullest potential. And please keep your opinions of rehab and counselors to your self it's not the topic at hand.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Immune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I won but I guess I didnt try hard enough because I only won $2 on this scratch off ticket

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Tried that for 20+ years. I'm still poor.

Try? There is no 'try'. DO or DO NOT. ~ Yoda

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If it's a secret, why the hell you telling everybody? I"m kidding. I think it's BS. Hard work, determination, sweat, tears, and being savy with what you earn is how you garner wealth. Not wishing for it and wanting it. If wishes were horse's, beggars would ride. Sitting around and telling yourself your gonna win the lottery is well, pretty selfish and lazy way of living ones life. Hard work, & determination, that's the way to go. Worked for me, worked for many others, hell might just work for you.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
It is my understanding it does NOT work like that.

When you wish to win the lottery (or want more money, or this or that) you do that BECAUSE you know you are poor/need the money.

If you had enough money, would "know" that you don't even need to win the lottery, you wouldn't wish to win it in the first place.

So...instead of making your wish come true...what you do is actually *exactly the opposite* - you affirm your firm belief you are poor (because you *need* the money) - do you understand what I am saying?

"I need to win the lottery! I need to wish to win the lottery!" is the same thing as saying "I am a poor a$$ and I need money"

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There are aspects of manifesting I believe in, and parts that either I don't OR havent' emptied my mind enough, because I don't really disbelieve either, more want to do as Im meant to do and came to do, and if I can overcome all negative squares in me, and flow my Whole and Source. So to say I don't believe in it is to put limits where maybe they shoudn't be there.

The thing that strikes me as quite important with thought and yearning for, is that we're in frequency, and that frequency limits what we can reach, both in terms of realms or groupings, and also in terms of the spectrum of light/creation/energy/family, and what we can do and affect as well.

Some are skilled in spirit as energy workers and manifesters and this is a soul skill that can be unlocked.

Someone brought up the third world and very much justly. For this is the frequency test or lesson, to the extent that one is positioned to assist, or those around them in need. Earth is a test. The test is not, dog eat dog, social darwinism, who is the biggest orc and who can chew the most nails and walk by those in need.

Its giving. Its knowing we're like the mirky parts of our soul diamond plane, the lower smaller parts that need work, and it means in tough situations learning self control, for example, not reacting. Being peace. Trying to help.

Now here is the thing, people come in with different grades and skills. To help. And then they get roped into wanting to spend alot of money and time on self and vacations, and scuba diving, and fancy vehicles, etc. When there are starving.

If you're more awake and in touch with some soul skills, ie. like manifesting, and you came in to help, which would have been the case, then you would be activiating or attempting to see positive, think positive, (not blindly unaware of the world around us however) and manifest, or heal, or work with energies, on behalf of those in need.

Those in third world actually need us to wake up and do the work we came to do. There are soul traps here, and slave camps, and so many abuses by the corruption running this planet.

Frequency is what determines so much. If you see Full spectrum light/energy and the layers of frequency, or streams, select the finer lighter love stream, try to purify from the negative dna, emotions, reactions and problems. Be giving, not taking, be generous, help others. Be loving. Raise frequency. And hold positive thoughts, yearn for positive solutions, for everyone. Give thanks.

Anything else is not meaningful.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think belief is the key along with a very strong desire or want in an almost obsessive way, as in its on your mind frequently. Play out the scene in your head how you wish it to be, until you believe your own lies so to speak. I suppose that's a visualization texpchnique? Its rather dillusional thinking though, but it does work.

I don't believe meditation is needed. Daydreaming will do.
--------
Not sure about winning lotteries but if you're gonna start off with a negative response and " it won't happen". It most likely won't.

Be careful what you wish for!

I think though that some people are born lucky or perhaps its just how they think, that works. Take for example two of my children. I have three but two of them seem lucky. When they were little they seemed to think if they dropped their name into any raffle box " I'm gonna win". I would have to break it to them that the chances are very low because everybody in town put their name in. I didn't want them to be disappointed I guess. They still kept on they would win though. Anyways it turned out they won the prizes. Is it because they really believed? Or luck? I don't know. My luck varies but when I do win I was adamant I was going to. Like I just knew it.

Most would say though that there is no secret to getting rich, its called hard work and believing in yourself. I think you just have to keep trying.
edit on 19-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I didn't bother reading any of the comments that people wrote here.

However, I just want to address the OP.

While you have a basic understanding of the secret, you are completely and totally misguided as to how it actually works.

I will explain to you, exactly how it works, and then you can go and look up what I'm telling you. Anyone can. But this is how it is, it's the truth, and its the only way the secret works.

Our bodies, are an antenna. It sends out and receives thoughts. However, do not be fooled and believe that your thoughts originate in your brain, because they DO NOT. What the brain does, is process the thoughts, that it reads from the body. Think about this for a second.

Every time you have something hard to say, or want to cry about something.... You feel a lump in your throat. Every time you get nervous, you get a nervous stomach, or cold sweaty hands..... Any time you are having fun, you feel light hearted. When you are inspired or creeped out, you feel chills or goosebumps. You feel butterfiles, or you feel, low energy, or high energy... and so on and so forth.

This is proof, that your thoughts are actually coming from your body, and your brain, is simply interpreted that, which is where you come to understand it. Now, things get more subtle as you get into negative thinking. Many times, and most often, negative thoughts are a pain somewhere in your body, maybe a headache, or a knee ache. Sometimes its discomfort, or tension. Stress is a cause of negative thoughts. Also, symptoms of a chronic disease you have, are also caused by negative thoughts, and when you change the thoughts causing the chronic disease, the chronic disease goes away. This is why the placebo effect works so well on some people. Because they believe the pill will work, they changed their thoughts. For those that it doesn't work on, its because they never believed it would work to begin with.

So, how does this work in relation to the secret? Well, it's really all about your thoughts. When you look at the human chakra system, you will find that each chakra, governs different parts of your thoughts. Human beings live primarily in the three lower chakras. That is, security, materialism,sex, money, and competition. What most people don't realize, is that there are 4 higher chakras, that are love, peace, joy, and happiness, wisdom, creativity, and spirituality.

What people need to learn to do, is start thinking with the higher chakras, and this is a really simple thing to do, if you take the time to learn. You must first, recognize the lower thought frequences, the negative thoughts, and instead of being a victim of them, you must say to those negative thoughts, why am I a victim, why good is this doing me? When you really go into those thoughts, and find their location and symptom on your body, you can surrender to them, which will release them. The pain associated with those thoughts will go way. This leaves you with only the love and peace behind it all. When you have let go of the negative thoughts, suddenly your mind can tap into the higher chakras, because you're no longer distracted by the lower chakras.

When you do this, things in your life start to flow to you, in just the way you want them to, because you've let go of negativity, and you find yourself open to accepting all sorts of new possiblites. Rather than have a defeatist attitude, you say, YES, I want that, lets do that. And life flows. You feel happy, your body feels incredible because theres no stress anymore, and you have all round sense of love, for everyone and everything. That is how you manifest the life of your dreams.

After you have successfully done this, you will realize how stupid you were for wanting to win the lottery to begin with. You will feel like a millionaire, and you'll still be broke, but its better than any millionaire has ever felt. Money cannot, has not, and will not ever buy you this kind of life. It is beautiful and amazing, and you feel blessed for every minute of it.
edit on 19-2-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This Power Ball commercial has been brought to you by the Lottery Commission. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Un Mute...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Money can't buy you Love...but it sure helps to have it.

It is easy to talk about money not being important...unless you are one not to have it. THEN...it becomes REAL important!

Our ancient ancestors didn't use money but they spent every waking minute Hunting and Gathering Food, Wood, Water and any and all things that were required to live.

Now if they were not able to get these things...they died.

Today we use Money that we earn from our specialized Jobs. That money is the same as the the things we Hunted and Gathered. If we don't earn this money...we end up on Welfare! LOL!

Still...even though there is a safety net nowdays...without money...it is kind of tough to get in the mood when you are FREEZING because you have not the money to pay for Heat!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnoEht

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
I will win the lottery, I will win the lottery I will win the lottery, I will win the lottery
I will win the lottery, I will win the lottery I will win the lottery, I will win the lottery

lol something like that.

except you have to believe it, imagine the feeling of winning and then just forget about it and let the universe guide you to it...it might take weeks, months, years but if you believe that at one point in your life it will happen, then IT WILL HAPPEN.

I would severely doubt many, if any, lottery winners have continually thought like that

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EnoEht

I believe you because it does work. It has worked and continues to work for me.

I try to focus on how I can make the lives around me better and how I can help those around me. Doing good and wanting to continue to do good.

Most people are going to give you a hard time about this and I would have a few years ago until I ran into this topic. But now I'm a big believer and got a lot of family and friends to practice it as well.

Won a sweepstakes within 2 months of watching the documentary; practicing visualization and meditating on fortune. Got the dream house with my girlfriend at the price we wanted which was 20k lower then the asking price, located at a corner lot across from the swimming pool with only 1 neighbor - everything that I had always wanted and that we (g/f and I) had pictured. My girlfriend became my fiancee and the ring I got her was pretty exact to what I had been picturing and I paid the price I wanted which was about 70% off the asking price. My fiancee hated her job and I started helping her about thinking of all the good in her life/job and within a few months, she got a huge raise and promotion and now she loves her job.

This stuff really works if you let it work and do not think negatively on the idea of it working. You have to accept that it will work and shall work before you can start the process of getting to where you want to be.

What helps me is I have boards around the house with pictures of items or things I would like. Quotes on the frig or bathroom mirrors to keep me on track or motivate me.

There are going to be a lot of people who doubt this, I had a ton of friends who did until they saw how everything I had been asking for or daydreaming about became reality.

If you start doubting yourself or what you want, then your going to either stall or go backwards. Those who don't believe this works, well like I started earlier after I watched that documentary and started reading into it, things because so so so much better. Literally won a 10k credit card sweepstakes within 2 months of viewing the documentary and practicing what it said. I was flat broke, I mean really really broke and my credit card (only have 1) was near maxed. Movers broke my desk and some other furniture a month after watching the doc while moving from apartment to apartment and being broke I used my CC until I could get cash to buy the other items. In 2 years I used my CC about 3-4 times, this was one of those times and because of it I won 10k from my CC! I got the stuff framed and hanging on my wall

Say it doesn't work and become one of those wondering where it all went wrong....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

What people need to learn to do, is start thinking with the higher chakras, and this is a really simple thing to do, if you take the time to learn. You must first, recognize the lower thought frequences, the negative thoughts, and instead of being a victim of them, you must say to those negative thoughts, why am I a victim, why good is this doing me? When you really go into those thoughts, and find their location and symptom on your body, you can surrender to them, which will release them. The pain associated with those thoughts will go way. This leaves you with only the love and peace behind it all. When you have let go of the negative thoughts, suddenly your mind can tap into the higher chakras, because you're no longer distracted by the lower chakras.

When you do this, things in your life start to flow to you, in just the way you want them to, because you've let go of negativity, and you find yourself open to accepting all sorts of new possiblites. Rather than have a defeatist attitude, you say, YES, I want that, lets do that. And life flows. You feel happy, your body feels incredible because theres no stress anymore, and you have all round sense of love, for everyone and everything. That is how you manifest the life of your dreams.

After you have successfully done this, you will realize how stupid you were for wanting to win the lottery to begin with. You will feel like a millionaire, and you'll still be broke, but its better than any millionaire has ever felt. Money cannot, has not, and will not ever buy you this kind of life. It is beautiful and amazing, and you feel blessed for every minute of it.
edit on 19-2-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

Very well said. This is exactly what I have been doing and WOW it is awesome!

You have to be at peace with yourself and your surroundings. Understand them but do not let them be the ones to rule over you.

Once you accept that things are what they are and start seeing all the good that is around it, you'll start making progress.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
ahhhh the good old manifestation trick.

The required thought process to manifest such a thing will be way out of your hands.
How do i know?
If you had the power to do so, you wouldn't lust such a thing anyway.

Start with smaller things

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

As I was reading thru the thread, "think and grow rich" also came to mind. I was preparing a post about it then I got to yours.

One of the most related chapters in that book, I believe its chapter 8, is the mastermind group. Find like minded individuals is the basis of the chapter. The power of attraction encompassed with like minded individuals is extremely powerful.

The world is literally at your doorstep if you have a team looking for a service or product in this situation.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

If you had the power to do so, you wouldn't lust such a thing anyway.

Start with smaller things

Not necessarily true. Taking the Maslow pyramid into consideration (almost) every human being has to have his primary needs met before he can think about, change or start working on 'more important' stuff like the homeless, the hungry, politics etc. This means most of us will first think about and take care of our own home, income, state of mind and so on .. so the taking it slow part truly is the first step

Many people here comment about using this law of attraction to make world peace, to feed the starving African children or even to make god come to earth and for that i blame the stupid book the Secret. That simply does not work that way, you alone cannot change the reality of so many souls. Their reality, thoughts and intent are already working for them in a way they can change on a small scale.

I can't change the larger scale of things and i am pretty sure it cannot be done..except maybe someone or something we call the higher power and even that is too much to imagine let alone understand how it works.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Exitt because: ..

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Very good post. I'm with ya 100% even down to the aspects of still wondering what exactly our perception of reality actually is, but it doesn't work the way "the secret" says it does. Observation and thought and especially true beliefs do bend the physical world but thats not a secret, thats science.

The fact that in the scale of nanoseconds we don't have any control over what we think or feel makes this "secret" nearly impossible to integrate. Rainman, an autistic idiot-savant could probably pull this stuff off, however they lack the social skills.

Then come the chakras and the frequencies.. zen-powered Buddhist monks that probably could win the lottery if they applied they're full consciousness to it ahead of time. To bad the practice of Buddhism is in direct contrast to attempting to conjure up some sort of monetary gain.

Now here is what bugs me about it..

reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Won a sweepstakes within 2 months of watching the documentary; practicing visualization and meditating on fortune. Got the dream house with my girlfriend at the price we wanted which was 20k lower then the asking price, located at a corner lot across from the swimming pool with only 1 neighbor - everything that I had always wanted and that we (g/f and I) had pictured.

Won a sweepstakes within 2 months of watching the documentary; practicing visualization and meditating on fortune. I was flat broke, I mean really really broke and my credit card (only have 1) was near maxed.

Won a sweepstakes within 2 months of watching the documentary; practicing visualization and meditating on fortune.

For one, are you copy and pasting from a script? Call me paranoid but you said that twice and its letter for letter exact and everything your saying sounds like a script anyway..

2. So were you "practicing visualization and meditating on fortune" or doing what you said before that?

I try to focus on how I can make the lives around me better and how I can help those around me. Doing good and wanting to continue to do good.

If it was that^, again, no secret there. Thats just called "what goes around comes around", you know, like planets and electrons and supposedly, ethics based actions.

No, I think what you experienced was already explained away on the page before this one.

Originally posted by Sly1one
I call it the "Indian Rain Dance Belief." Dancing for rain isn't what causes it to rain...rain will inevitably/eventually come...dancing until it does gives the illusion of causality but that's how illusions work...and that's why it is an illusory belief.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join