It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i figured out how exactly "the secret" works

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I do believe that things like "The Secret" work, in their way. It may not change anything other than the individuals perspective though. If I put a thought into my mind on what I want to see, I will be looking for that in literally everything. Its bound to be matrixed into my perspective at some point.

For example, I could say that I want to be shown there are still good people out there. I will, at that point, be looking for that specific trait in every experience for a while. Meaning will get attached regardless of whether or not the thought itself physically moved the course of time and the universe.

In other words, we all see what we want to see.

As far as physical manipulation of the universe with no physical/material input, I have my doubts.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tumble
reply to post by EnoEht

I'm sorry but if I sit in my room thinking about how bad my life is that won't get me anywhere.
(Negative Thoughts/Energy)

If I sit there and say my life is bad but I want it to be better. I believe it can be better, I'll most likely do something about it..
(Positive Thoughts/Energy)

Positive energy and positive thoughts are a lot stronger due to the fact they can bring change to yourself and your life. Being negative acts in the opposite way. That might just be me.

Also I don't think life has anything to do with luck. I think the lottery does.

alas but you see, becoming positive and optimistic takes more work and energy than just sitting there and being negative about everything..so i would say its a lot easier to hate your life and everything else, rather than work and go the extra mile to be more positive.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It is my understanding it does NOT work like that.

When you wish to win the lottery (or want more money, or this or that) you do that BECAUSE you know you are poor/need the money.

If you had enough money, would "know" that you don't even need to win the lottery, you wouldn't wish to win it in the first place.

So...instead of making your wish come true...what you do is actually *exactly the opposite* - you affirm your firm belief you are poor (because you *need* the money) - do you understand what I am saying?

"I need to win the lottery! I need to wish to win the lottery!" is the same thing as saying "I am a poor a$$ and I need money"

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Im not sure if thats why it wont work, would you mind explaining a bit more?

It would be my understanding that thoughts do not have any influence other than what we give them through action. So, if you have two people and one is solely thinking "I will win the lottery" while the other is solely thinking "I will not win the lottery," they will have the same odds of winning if they actually buy a ticket.

But, which one is more likely to purchase a ticket?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

There is no exact science for "the secret" because we haven't explored that realm of physics yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Try telling all the poor starving people in the world that all they need to to is wish they were not poor or starving and see what sort of response you get from them...

'The secret' is one of the biggest confidence tricks on the market and has made the people who produced the books and the video a lot of money. Its loved by spiritualist greedy middle class people who want to be richer than they already are and make some sense out of their soulless existence. Of course you are going to get the one person in 100000 who claims it worked for them while everyone else realizes its all BS.

People die every min of the day wishing they were richer. Frankly i find the idea that all people who are not rich have to do is wish hard enough offensive.

Charge people to tell them all they have to wish and they will be rich, if it not working they are not trying hard enough..the only secret is "Theres one sucker born every min..."

edit on 19-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Words and thoughts are creative things. Every action causes another action like a pebble dropped and sends ripples out through the water.

I believe in something called the 'Universal Mind' it is everywhere and there is no end. If you are brought up in a negative, hostile environment this is all you know and thus the seed has been sown in your subconcious to continue to think negatively for life. Breaking out of this cycle is hard, but it only starts with a changing of the mind set and refusing to keep travelling down that learned road of behavior. It is not easy.

From the Sound of Music she says 'Think Lovely Thoughts' what ever you want. And this is true.

You keep thinking big and for what you want OP and it will trickle down to you and eventually you will hit, maybe a million dollars more/less, but it is out there to be had and your positive thoughts are set in motion to bring what you desire. The Universe has more than enough to give. Ask and it shall be given, seek, knock.

S&F OP Positivity is always a good thing.

edit on 19-2-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
It is my understanding it does NOT work like that.

When you wish to win the lottery (or want more money, or this or that) you do that BECAUSE you know you are poor/need the money.

If you had enough money, would "know" that you don't even need to win the lottery, you wouldn't wish to win it in the first place.

So...instead of making your wish come true...what you do is actually *exactly the opposite* - you affirm your firm belief you are poor (because you *need* the money) - do you understand what I am saying?

"I need to win the lottery! I need to wish to win the lottery!" is the same thing as saying "I am a poor a$$ and I need money"

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

And I disagree.
it has nothing to do with physics and everything to do with psychology. If you believe in a positive outcome, it affects your behavior positively.

Success is preparation meeting opportunity. You not only have to be willing to do the work to be prepared, you have to recognize the opportunity when it appears. If you're not looking for it, chance is high it'll slip by unrecognized. And if you don't believe an opportunity is coming, you won't be looking for it.

No physics, quantum or otherwise. All the self-help stuff out there starts to look alike when you've seen enough of it. And the reason for that is, it's not really all that mysterious. "The Secret" was a great marketing job of repackaging a lot of old stuff in a way that made people feel special and in on something. Ooooh, a seeeeecret.

Charles Haanel did the same thing with "The Master Key System" a hundred years ago. Same-same. And yes, Freemasonry.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
I believe in the invisible hand ! and it only brings bad luck !

link   
Im a TOTAL believer of the "law of attraction." WHATEVER THE MIND CAN CONCEIVE AND BELIEVE IT WILL ACHIEVE. Always have a positive mind set. Believe that you can have whatever you want, and ALWAYS be grateful for everything. I always tell my friends to believe in their dreams. It can truly happen if you really want it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Try telling all the poor starving people in the world that all they need to to is wish they were not poor or starving and see what sort of response you get from them...

'The secret' is one of the biggest confidence tricks on the market and has made the people who produced the books and the video a lot of money. Its loved by greedy middle class people who want to be richer and get out of their soulless lives

People die every min of the day wishing they were richer. Frankly i find the idea that all people who are not rich have to do is wish hard enough offensive.

its not only about money, the reason i used the lottery is because its a very common desire shared amongst people. this extends beyond that, even to the most trivial things such as wanting a parking spot at the perfect spot.

and those who starve are usually oppressed and mentally beaten to the point where they know that there is no escaping that life and they have been led to believe that nothing will save them, and this is their downfall. you have to believe that you will do better and ACT on those beliefs and the universe will provide the tools in order to achieve your goal.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnoEht

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

'The secret' is one of the biggest confidence tricks on the market and has made the people who produced the books and the video a lot of money. Its loved by greedy middle class people who want to be richer and get out of their soulless lives

its not only about money, the reason i used the lottery is because its a very common desire shared amongst people. this extends beyond that, even to the most trivial things such as wanting a parking spot at the perfect spot.

and those who starve are usually oppressed and mentally beaten to the point where they know that there is no escaping that life and they have been led to believe that nothing will save them, and this is their downfall. you have to believe that you will do better and ACT on those beliefs and the universe will provide the tools in order to achieve your goal.

OMG you actually said people who die of hunger and poverty are doing it because they dont know how to want not to do it. You should be ashamed of yourself..heartless.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey i did find a 1940 dime worth nearly five bucks after reading your post. Better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick. Still not a lottery win though. It is progress however!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by sulaw

There is no exact science for "the secret" because we haven't explored that realm of physics yet.

No but it cannot be disproven that "the secret" is a wive's tale either. A personal story of "the secret"

I took my fiancee who was just a girlfriend at the time to the Indiana Dunes for a saturday. Upon driving through the state park my fiance brings us to the converasation of "I've never received anything for free" so I said is this something you really want? Of coarse the answer was yes. So while I was driving (this is actually when I feel most relaxed, in motion I guess it would be) I asked the Universe/The Divine/Whatever would answer me to provide my gf with something for free, anything for that matter. Subconsiously I hear my request received with a ding, I look at my gf and say ok wish granted. She about tear'd up laughing, and I looked at her with the most loyal and trustworthy face and I state "Your wish has been granted and you will receive your answer shortly". Still laughing and honestly I had a good chuckle as well, we pull up to pay for parking. I had the man my debit card, and he looks at me and my gf and says "Don't worry about it, have a great day" gave us our pass and I drove up and parked. The look on my girlfriends face was priceless and she never questioned me again in regards to "the secret" a.k.a "So you state so you create"

More so than we've discussed this phenomenon several times as this was not the first time i've asked and received.

Perception is the key, like I stated before just because you ask for a million dollars doesn't mean your answer wasn't received when you find a quarter on the floor.

Practice makes perfect

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Hey i did find a 1940 dime worth nearly five bucks after reading your post. Better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick. Still not a lottery win though. It is progress however!

I dunno, in many first world countries a jab in the eye with a sharp stick can lead to a very large lawsuit

edit on 19-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I figured out how "The Secret" works too.

Rhonda Byrne writes a book full of wishy-washy tripe deluding other people into believing that they can have whatever they want just by wishing hard. Then she charges $15.06 for it and laughs all the way to the bank. A few years later the releases another book called "The Secret: The Power" and charges $16.29. Two years after that she releases another book called "The Magic" and laughs even harder all the way to the bank as the royalties for her new $12.99 book come flooding in. Oh, and don't forget the DVD documentary version she released, AND "The Secret Gratitude Book" which is basically just an empty diary/journal to write your wishes in LOL. How much does that cost? $19.99! You can get a notebook at any office supply store for $1.99, but hey, you can't just be usin' any old book to write down your wishes, or they won't come true! It has to be the special "gratitude book"!

She should marry David Wilcock. They would be a great couple.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i have noticed from a lot of the responses ive been getting that i have been violating a basic law of the universe

trying to change other individuals reality, lol how silly of me. i apologize i was merely sharing my thoughts. i am not trying to change anyone's lives. by all means please continue to be as negative and gloomy as you have always been, i am not here to change that.

i will continue on my path to success, and learning as i go...maybe someone out there will come across this post and take something from it, in a positive way.

life is only as hard as YOU want to make it. change your attitude towards it, respects others realities, but dont let them influence yours. dont dwell on thoughts...just think them and forget about them...they will return, the rate depends on how much passion and faith you place in them.

everything that happens in your life was designed that way, everything was supposed to happen that way, sometimes guided by our own subconscious thoughts and sometimes by an external force...maybe its the benign brain tumor that i have, that helps me see this existence for what its really like.

anything is possible as long as it doesn't violate te laws of the universe or someone elses reality.

i might be able to move objects using my mind..however when i bring you to show you what i can do...you already have the pre conceived notion that telekinesis is not possible, so both our realities cancel out and nothing happens

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

We posted at the same time and you found a dime worth 5 bucks. Ironic? Read my last line in my post after yours. Coincidence? Quarter or Dime I find that weird we mentioned coins at the same time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
Words and thoughts are creative things. Every action causes another action like a pebble dropped and sends ripples out through the water.

I believe in something called the 'Universal Mind' it is everywhere and there is no end. If you are brought up in a negative, hostile environment this is all you know and thus the seed has been sown in your subconcious to continue to think negatively for life. Breaking out of this cycle is hard, but it only starts with a changing of the mind set and refusing to keep travelling down that learned road of behavior. It is not easy.

From the Sound of Music she says 'Think Lovely Thoughts' what ever you want. And this is true.

You keep thinking big and for what you want OP and it will trickle down to you and eventually you will hit, maybe a million dollars or maybe 200,000. more/less, but it is out there to be had and your positive thoughts are set in motion to bring what you desire. The Universe has more than enough to give. Ask and it shall be given, seek, knock.

S&F OP Positivity is always a good thing.

edit on 19-2-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

thank you very much, this pretty much sums it up for me

it might be 50k or 200,000 it all depends on what i believe to be a realistic outcome to my fortune.

i dont want to sound like a greedy optimistic fool ...the reason i used the lottery is because this was the best example that most people would understand...

but this theory goes waaayy deeper than just materialistic possessions

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join