i figured out how exactly "the secret" works

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

That is where a lot of people fall out, as it were, on the idea of there being a Law of Attraction. We're kinda of conditioned in that way. To believe only in the "Good Book" but anything else outside of it is fake or lies.

The irony is that most people practice the Laws of Attraction but call it other things like motivation, determination, drive, goals, wish list, etc. I have a friend that is like that. I told him about the Laws of Attraction and such and he gave me the spill that it was just a person's motivation and nothing more. When talking to him about it the first time is when he was just starting to get into rifles and such, all he did was look at gun magazines and AK rifles. Since then he has gotten a nice armory, many of which were just "random" chance that he met someone who knew someone else. These are amazing AKs and such that he has, all original and extremely hard to find. Now is this Law of Attraction or something else? Could be both, which is what I meant by people practicing it without knowing that they are doing it.

It comes down to the individual. Do you want to see if it can happen? Are you willing to take the time and just go with it? Or do you mock those who do it? Call them out as frauds because you never took the time to try it out? It is free after all and the only thing you invest into it is time and effort. It is one of those things that does not hurt to try but most people stop once they see that nothing has happened within a certain amount of days. Sometimes they just got the ball rolling but stop it before getting to the end.

I am a believer because my life has changed and it has been only 2 years. The first year was amazing and this 2nd year looks like it is going to be 10 times better then last year.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The Secret ain't easy. First off you have to believe that you already have whatever you want. You have to 100% believe that.

A nice illustration of a fallacy from The Simpsons:

After a single bear wandering into town has drawn an over-reaction from the residents of Springfield, Homer stands outside his house and muses, “Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol is working like a charm!”

Lisa sees through his reasoning: “That’s specious reasoning, dad.” Homer, misunderstanding the word “specious”, thanks her for the compliment.

Optimistically, she tries to explain the error in his argument: “By your logic, I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.” Homer is confused: “Hmm; how does it work?” Lisa: “It doesn’t work; it’s just a stupid rock!” Homer: “Uh-huh.” Lisa: “… but I don’t see any tigers around, do you?”

Homer, after a moment’s thought: “Lisa, I want to buy your rock…”

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Do you have a website or a place i can go to, so i can purchase this tiger rock?

Ebay maybe?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sure, just send me $10,000 dollars, and I will send you a Tiger Repellent Rock

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Sure, just send me $10,000 dollars, and I will send you a Tiger Repellent Rock

Anyway, back on topic.

This is the beautiful thing, that the skeptics are completely kept out of using the secret. Your own self defense mechanisms, based on skepticism, is also the law of attractions self defense mechanism.

Let me guess, you also believe our everyday reality to be real then?

If you do, be careful. Because science is working on an experiment that may show our reality to be a simulation.

Did you even read the Princeton Random Number generator article?
According to your skepticism, there shouldn't be a way for thought to be able to effect the output of the random number generator, and yet it does. As does the Observer effect in experimentation.

There is soooooo much you seem to be missing out on, that points more and more towards the Law of Attraction being legit. A healthy dose of skepticism is always good, but when it creates a prison of bias, then it is dangerous.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Why does everyone revert to "lottery"? As if that is the ONLY thing that gives money or fortune? Wealth can be expressed in happiness and not just of material things.

Because most people visualize money..... Duh.

You keep thinking that one single "Oh, I used the secret, and good things happened to me!" overturns the MILLIONS who have used the secret, that NOTHING good happens to.

You are taking *ONE DATA POINT* and twisting it into PROOF of your little "secret" when MOST people who use the "Secret" never encounter good fortune at all.....

You sound like a paid advertisement for the book.

Maybe that is where they are messing up, the thinking of just money. Maybe money is not what they got but they happened to get something else they had been thinking of. A secondary thought such as love life, talking to old friends, etc. stuff most would take for granted or brush off as nothing, even though it was something that they had been thinking of.

Why would it be a fail if they did get something? Of course, no one wants to read about those or think along those lines. Plus many still focus on negative stuff in their lives and do not change any aspect of their daily routine that could make a difference. Most stay where they are and expect everything to happen, but you have to put some effort into it. For example, your not going to lose weight even if all you think about is losing weight as your munching on pizza and cheeseburgers, not happening unless a little effort is made that could make a world of a difference.

As for me, you say I am taking one point and turning it into something it is not. Yet you tried to call me out on an earlier post about me winning the sweepstakes but say nothing when I show proof other then it was just 1 thing. Well here is a short list of what has happened since applying this. I got a 10k sweepstakes, I got a dream house for 20k below asking price, I asked my girlfriend to marry be and bought the ring I had pictured for 70% off, I have a court date as pro se in a lawsuit in which 50+ attorneys turned me down because they said it was impossible for me to get a court date, I've got the dog I always wanted, I got the suits I dreamed of having (and they look good on me), I'm graduating college after years of putting it off (had only 1 class), I finally got a handgun, friends I have been meaning to talk to that I hadn't seen in years started contacting me first, and the list goes on and on and on. That was just the first year and I just entered year 2, which I cannot wait to see what is in store for me, so excited!

I am going to guess you attempted this at one point in your life and it failed so now you have a bone to pick with others who are enriching their lives from the same thing that was available to you. Something that is free that anyone can do, but which you could not and now all this bitterness and hate...sad. Question is, when you tried it out, did you still focus on all the negative in your life? Did you block out the negative and find the good in everything? Were you thankful for what you already had while hoping for better? Or did you have that bitterness while attempting to channel yourself to a better place? My guess is that you never let go of the bad and because the LoA did not work for you, it is now considered a fraud...snake oil. Either that or your a troll trying to prevent others from benefiting off this from those who have applied it correctly and gotten the things in life that make them happy.

Maybe you should attempt it again but with a new outlook. All anyone here is trying to do is tell their story and experiences. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Which way are you doing or going to do this? And for the millions who tried, my guess is that they were doing it the wrong way. Also, it seems like a small percentage have done it correctly, which would number in the 10,000s of thousands to 100,000s of thousands, perhaps into the millions if your looking at it from an overall population (U.S. 300 million +).

It is time to stop hating and instead start appreciating what one already has.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Anyway, back on topic.

I was ON topic... thank you VERY much.

Are you doubting the authenticity of the Tiger repellent rock?

I have several in my possession, and there have been NO tigers near my house since I started using them....

You would be a FOOL to doubt the veracity of their Magic.

But if you want to deny yourself the protective magics of the Tiger repellent rock, by being a HATER, then you are only hurting yourself!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Dude, you are somewhat behind... we are talking about my magical tiger repellent rocks now.

Get with the FUTURE! and grab one of my Majikal Tiger repellent rocks before you are mauled by TIGERS!

No-one wants to be mauled by tigers! So order yours today!

Here are some testimonials from people who have successfully used the POWER of the Tiger repellent rocks!
edit on 21-2-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh, and a word of caution.... if you don't believe in the power of the Tiger Repellant Rock, it's because they only work if you believe in them....

So people who were using my Tiger repellant rock and got mauled by a tiger anyway, were just HATERS who didn't BELIEVE in the magic of the rock, and Karma took care of them....

Because Quantum effects, and Karma... Mystical Spirit energy, and thin filaments of pure light..... in addition to Spiritual rays form the Heavenly realms, Good intentions, the Power of Belief, Positive Thinking, and the Laws of Attraction.... Quantum attraction....

The laws of Quantum singularity attraction spiritual filaments from Quantum Space Jesus, in his quantum throne in quantum spiritual heaven.....

Quantum quantum quantum quantum quantum quantum quantum quantum......

Quantum powers for quantum worlds, many worlds theory, special particle entanglement on the quantum level, and healing energies of a quantum nature.

Now that you all know how my special Quantum-Space-Jesus-Heaven-Tiger-Repellent-Rocks work... I'm sure you will send me tons of money to protect yourself from the menace of quantum space entangled tigers...

With rocks....

QUANTUM ROCKS!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Look, we're not just banging Quantum space rocks together here at Ertai's Tiger Repellent Rock emporium.... we know how to make a Quantum-Space-Jesus-Heaven-Tiger-Repellent-Rock "system"

We only use the best quality Quantum, and the highest strength Divine light filaments to deliver to you, the customer, the best possible Tiger Repellent Rocks, and Tiger Repellent Rock systems for any possible Tiger Repellent Situation....

Try all of these new Quantum-Space-Jesus-Heaven-Tiger-Repellent-Rocks in these stylish colors!

Grey
Slightly less gray

Order now!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Anyway, back on topic.

I was ON topic... thank you VERY much.

Are you doubting the authenticity of the Tiger repellent rock?

I have several in my possession, and there have been NO tigers near my house since I started using them....

You would be a FOOL to doubt the veracity of their Magic.

But if you want to deny yourself the protective magics of the Tiger repellent rock, by being a HATER, then you are only hurting yourself!

I'll tell you what. I'll actually give you the $10,000 for one of your rocks. all in fresh crispy Hundreds.

First, meet up with me and bring your rocks. Then We'll put you into a tiger cage, after with holding all food from them for 2 weeks. Then we'll see if your rocks work. You have the spend the night in the cage with them ...also during mating season.

On the other hand, I'm in the process of manifesting my next dream come true, 40 acres in the Mountains with a nice cottage, orchards, and gardens. Will become reality by the end of this year.

Funny ....... you completely forgot to reply to the random number generators and reality simulation parts. Oh well, keep living in the bias bubbles my friend

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

First, meet up with me and bring your rocks. Then We'll put you into a tiger cage, after with holding all food from them for 2 weeks. Then we'll see if your rocks work. You have the spend the night in the cage with them ...also during mating season.

You are asking me to PROVE that my Quantum-Space-Jesus-Heaven-Tiger-Repellent-Rocks WORK, in a thread when you are stating, EMPHATICALLY, that a BELIEF in gaining things will cause the universe to manifest them for you?

Are you for Real?

Let me tell you what...

We WILL meet... at the Tiger Cage...

But YOU go in, and try to BELIEVE WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT in "Tigers not Eating you"

And let's just see what the universe manifests.... shall we?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

you can go and visit this cool thread with lots of kewl emoticons, that way you don´t have to write as much repetitive style and instead just show us what you wanted to say
edit on 21-2-2013 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You are asking me to PROVE that my Quantum-Space-Jesus-Heaven-Tiger-Repellent-Rocks WORK, in a thread when you are stating, EMPHATICALLY, that a BELIEF in gaining things will cause the universe to manifest them for you?

Are you for Real?

Let me tell you what...

We WILL meet... at the Tiger Cage...

But YOU go in, and try to BELIEVE WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT in "Tigers not Eating you"

And let's just see what the universe manifests.... shall we?

Manifesting $112 million, or working with celebrities, or making you're dreams come true, is completely on a the opposite end of the spectrum, than putting you into a tiger cage to prove your rock repels them.

Reality = Possible Simulation.

Random Number Generators (Which according to your skeptical based logic should not be able to be affected) = are affected by thought/intention alone.

Double Slit Experiment = Outcome completely affected on whether or not there is an Observer

Your missing some rather BIG points, which throws a wrench into the mechanics of your logic. Things aren't as you think they are.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So, you must have missed the part where you have been completely discredited by your own words...

That's nice...

No use back-peddling now.... You have been exposed as a fraud.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So, you must have missed the part where you have been completely discredited by your own words...

That's nice...

No use back-peddling now.... You have been exposed as a fraud.

Do you have a website or a place i can go to, so i can purchase this tiger rock? Ebay maybe?

= joke.

You didn't really take that serious did you? Gullible?

Your missing yet another point, because you are blinded by assumption and skepticism.

The "Secret/Law of Attraction" works with "Things" that others have already done or attained.

Others have won the lotto. Others have worked with celebs. Others have built successful businesses. Others have gotten the girl of their dreams. Etc....

Soon as you brought up that Simpsons example, it was instantly moot and dead

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

SHUT UP AND GET IN THE CAGE WITH THE HUNGRY TIGERS!

edit on 21-2-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: SCIENCE!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Hahaha your replies are like jokes now. You're like one of those flat earth believers. Science is god and can never be wrong and knows everything.

Even when posting anomalies, you've constituted to "flat earth, flat earth, flat earth." Or in your case, tiger rocks.

Do stand up, seriously. Just stand there and make stuff up

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That's quite a Few brave words from someone who won't SHUT UP AND GET IN THE CAGE WITH THE HUNGRY TIGERS!

You're not afraid that you won't BELIEVE in not being eaten enough, are you?

After all, if you BELIEVE it enough, the universe will manifest it, right?

I am totally believing without a shadow of a doubt that you are going to SHUT UP AND GET IN THE CAGE WITH THE HUNGRY TIGERS!

As hard as I can.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Actually it does work out for me. 95% of the time. I am pretty proactive in making sure that it does. I stay ahead of the problems. There is nothing unfair about life. Its a gift I am grateful for.

new topics
top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join