It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i figured out how exactly "the secret" works

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

You say it is snake oil, and I would have believed you especially how my life was like 5 years ago, but since finding out the "secret" I have won a sweepstakes...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLL(SNIP)
edit on 21-2-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

You say it is snake oil, and I would have believed you especially how my life was like 5 years ago, but since finding out the "secret" I have won a sweepstakes...

HEy ErtaiNaGia, your about to get PUNKED OUT!!!!!

The Cynthia Stafford Story: How One Woman Manifested $112 Million

Cynthia believed in creative visualization. She practiced the teachings of several books that were based around the law of attraction and positive thinking. One of her favorites was, “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind“, by Dr. Joseph Murphy.

In this book Murphy explains the untapped power each of us have in our subconscious minds and if we can learn how to access this power we can use it to manifest out dreams. In Cynthia’s case what she wished for was money – $112 million of it to be exact.

Here's the Ringer.......

In May 2007 an event occurred that was about to change her life forever. She purchased a $2 lottery ticket for the California Mega Millions, and won the jackpot! The amazing thing was she won exactly the amount she had wished for $112 million! Her family were shocked, but Cynthia was not surprised as she truly expected to receive that money, just like she had spent all those months visualizing it.

BLAMMO!!!! Source Article.....

Feels good to crush the bias bubbles of skeptics, feels good. I remember when mine was crushed, it was the beginning of wisdom and an interesting life thus far .....

...not be a Dic* ......just saying. I've made many of my dreams come true, but it always took me a while. Have dated girls that everyone wanted but no one could get, traveled the word, worked with famous celebrities, successful business, and made lot's of $ in my lifetime. The Secret works. Dreams do come true. I just wonder why it take a while in my case, where others make things manifest in days/weeks sometimes.
edit on 21-2-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's really interesting correlation. Now show the causality.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
what do you mean by "causality"?
The cause was the initial motivation, visualization, etc.

Even in double slit experiment, the observer effects the observed.

Check out the Princeton study on how an Observer effects the outcomes of a 0 & 1 random number generator.

Can this Black Box Predict the Future?

The machine apparently sensed the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Centre four hours before they happened, and appeared to forewarn of the Asian Tsunami.

"It's Earth shattering stuff," says Dr Roger Nelson, Emeritus researcher at Princeton University in the USA. "But unfortunately we don't have a box for predicting the future that we can sell to the CIA. We're very early on in the process of trying to figure out what's going on here. At the moment we're stabbing in the dark."

Source

Add to all this that Buddhists have been saying for thousands of years that our reality is an Illusion, and now scientists are saying it may be a simulation, and then everything becomes alot more flexible than it was before you knew these things.

I've seen miraculous recoveries in Hospital rooms, using prayer (or intention), which had a doctor scratching his head saying it's impossible, that this person was 100% marked for death with hours left to live.....that there is no logical sense in this recovery (I'm talking life support, dialysis machines, coma, etc)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Definition of CAUSALITY
: a causal quality or agency
: the relation between a cause and its effect or between regularly correlated events or phenomena

Examples of CAUSALITY

Scientists found no causality between the events.

LINK

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Still waiting for some one who is pro-secret to answer this question I posted back on page 5-6 of this thread:

What's your take on "bad" days "moods"? For example on day 1, i'll sit and meditate on manifesting "X" things in my life, that they are already present, etc..... Then day 2, same thing. But then day 3, 4, 5, or 6 will be a bad day, like a headache all day, or a new bill in the mail, or bad news from someone in the family, or just lazy.....etc.... and on those down days, the mind says, " Oh, F it!!!!! I'm not going to get any of that manifesting stuff". The mind is a Bish!!!!! So its like a few steps forward, and a step back. What's your take on down days?

That is where many people lose hope or stop the process. A bad day is just another day, it is still up to you on how the day turns out, as in how you feel at the end of the day. I would suggest doing something that you know can calm you down or cheer you up. For me that is watching a favorite movie, playing with the dog, listening to music, or reflecting on funny memories. Practicing mediation or playing poker are also things that help me, in fact poker has been one of those key things that helped me control my emotions and thinking process, last thing you want to do at a poker table is show your cards on your face or act like a donkey because you lost a few hands.

This is going to take practice and wont happen overnight. It might take a few weeks before you can truly get a hold of your emotions, thoughts, feelings, etc. and keep a calm mind. Or before finding that one thing in life that completely clears your mind and puts you at ease, it could be a while before finding that but one shouldn't give up. Especially when the possible outcome outweighs the time/effort to get to where you want to be.

It might be a good thing to sit down and write down the stuff that you enjoy doing, things that make you happy and other like things. Then just start doing them one at a time until you find what works best for whichever incident that turns up. Also looking for the good in things instead of pointing out the bad.

For instance, I was in a car accident a few months ago, was at a red light when I saw the car slam into me. Called the cops but they told me I had to fill out the accident report, the police station was less then a quarter mile away. Well the other person is freaking out but I remain calm, I ask if he is okay and tell him that I am okay. I fill out the accident report while he still freaks out while talking to my insurance agent and when I go check his tags, I see that they are expired which he did not know. After filling out the whole report and giving him a copy and then dropping one off at the police station, it then dawned on me that had the cops shown up, he would have gotten a ticket for the accident and then another for the tags, even perhaps more. I had to deal with all the stuff one does when getting into an accident but I didn't let that dictate my day or those following as I got my car fixed. I was just happy no one got hurt and that dude didn't get all those extra tickets.

I can give you more examples if you wish but they pretty much end the same way, me being happy when otherwise would normally stress out. I'm still learning as well, I have not perfected this, its a learning process and I'm in my 2nd year. I do freak out at times and do stress and it might take a day to calm down but that is also the learning process, conditioning yourself and your mind to be able to better cope/handle whatever happens in life. And then turning it around and being happy that you are alive and able to experience all these things that help make one grow and develop.

As I said before, it will take time, practice and patience. Going forward a 2 steps one day and then 1 step back is not something to freak out about, because at least your moving ahead and trying to go forward while others stay where they are or slowly progress backwards.

You need to motivate yourself to see the bigger picture, to be at that place where you want to be in life and believe in it, have faith in it and let everything work out. There is no time frame, it could happen instantly or a few years down the road. Should you call it quits after a month because you haven't seen an improvement or keep going and in 3 years from now after having kept practicing you end up being a millionaire and helping tons of people? Trying to see it happen or anticipating it can be a bad thing, just let it be and let it happen on its own.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Definition of CAUSALITY
: a causal quality or agency
: the relation between a cause and its effect or between regularly correlated events or phenomena

Examples of CAUSALITY

Scientists found no causality between the events.

LINK

sorry, I read that as "Casualty" as in "a casualty of war."

I got ya, and edited the post accordingly. Figured the motivation/visualization was the initial Causality, combined with quantum effects at work, such as those interesting one's found in the Princeton black box random number generators.

Believing something 100% to be so, (within certain limits) changes the reality around you to really fulfill that belief. I'm not talking raining gum drops or finding a real gnome village, but starting off with small things, like a promotion at work, or good news coming in the next month, and working your way up.

I actually live not too far from where Rapper Kanye West is from and knew/know alot of his cousins, managers, etc. When he was first starting out, he would always tell everyone that he's the biggest, best, a superstar....with a complete poker face seriousness about, while everyone else was like "Okay, sure, whatever you say... hahahaha." Look who's laughing now.

I've also had success using the secret

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That's nice.... did you hear the story about how "The Secret" book sold millions of copies, and there are not millions of lottery winners?

We never hear about all of the people trying to "Manifest" things into their life, and nothing ever happens....

All we DO hear about, is the coincidental happenings of the handful of people who use the secret, and through statistical likelihood, good things happen to them.

So, that's you, being wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

. I just wonder why it take a while in my case, where others make things manifest in days/weeks sometimes.

Me too, it always, always takes a while but i guess in my case it is because i have realized about this potential since childhood, never read a book about it or nothing so i am not extremely active, never meditate on things or do any of the stuff i´ve read in this thread. This law of attraction comes so naturally to me that besides daydreaming i never even think about it..maybe that is why it takes time.

I would like to hear from people who can and do manifest things in just days or even better
(and this i´ve only realized while reading some of these comments about the secret being similar to magick and witchcraft, which after thinking about it for a day makes perfect sense)
people who practice wicca, what are your thoughts and experience with time and timing?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Really? Then what are these?

Hmm looks like "Bull" is right, cause I'm a beast!!! He shoots he scores!!!!!

I'll load up the other sweepstakes that my fiancee won when I find it. Want me to load up any other stuff?
edit on 21-2-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: Added sentence

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

As i hope I've communicated previously in the thread, I believe there's much of value in things like The Secret, although it's neither a secret, or mysterious or unique to the works of Rhonda Byrne.

The problem I have is attributing things to The Secret, or any of the other self-help tools out there that they can't possibly be responsible for. That to me, is a road to ultimately tossing it all out.

Things happen. Sometimes there's correlation. Assuming a causal relationship to everything with a demonstrated correlation is superstition. A black cat crossed my path, and a bus hit me. Correlation. Was there causation? Believe what you want, but I'm going to say the events weren't related.

Where things like The Secret (and other numerous similar strategies) get shortchanged is people believe they'll do something they just aren't going to do. And these anecdotal, if not apocryphal stories show up that seem to demonstrate a causal effect between really, really wanting to win the lottery and then it happening.

Just for grins, what I'd like to see is substantive proof in advance of the event occurring that someone manifested something like a lottery hit. Not after the fact where someone hit for $112 mil THEN said, "I totally manifested that".

Naturally, for it to be considered 'proof' (for me, anyway) it would have to be replicable.

The Secret is a good thing, for what it is. But it ain't gonna effect the laws of chance or physics.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That's nice.... did you hear the story about how "The Secret" book sold millions of copies, and there are not millions of lottery winners?

We never hear about all of the people trying to "Manifest" things into their life, and nothing ever happens....

All we DO hear about, is the coincidental happenings of the handful of people who use the secret, and through statistical likelihood, good things happen to them.

So, that's you, being wrong.

Why does everyone revert to "lottery"? As if that is the ONLY thing that gives money or fortune? Wealth can be expressed in happiness and not just of material things.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"God's will"? So is everything that happens here on Earth "God's will", or do some things happen that are NOT God's will?

please reread what i wrote, as I have answered it in reference to what the person i replied to was saying, which was basically a similar thing. In order words, if you do have faith and ask, it shall be done, but yes it needs to be within the Will of God, the creator, or as law of attraction types call it, 'the universe'.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

That would be very hard to prove, the saying it or having proof before the thing happens. We see this in "psychics" where they do predict things but because it was not 100% correct in every detail, its fake.

There are always going to be non-believers, haters, and those who like to rain on others parade, it just cannot be helped.

If say someone were to show evidence of applying the Laws of Attraction, those most likely to have been told or knew about it would be considered "insiders" and part of the hoax. If there are pictures then you have those who say that the picture was taken after the incident. One of those catch 22s.

What kind of proof are you hoping for or would like to see?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I can't say I've given it a lot of thought, because I have no reason to believe it's possible. Think about any sort of event for which you'd like proof. What do you think would stand up? Commentary after the fact sure isn't it.

The Secret/Law of Attraction/Whateveryawannacallit provides some strategies for self-improvement. Not do magic, or otherwise effect the laws of chance, or cause and effect, or physics.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

As i hope I've communicated previously in the thread, I believe there's much of value in things like The Secret, although it's neither a secret, or mysterious or unique to the works of Rhonda Byrne.

People attribute LOA to the Secret, because it's Pop culture and in collective consciousness. This stuff goes way back

The problem I have is attributing things to The Secret, or any of the other self-help tools out there that they can't possibly be responsible for.

At this point, you can't know whether or not it's legit. I can prove it to you, by manifesting 10 consecutive things in a row ...but then there will be someone that says, "Ok, we need to take another person and have them manifest the same things to see if it happens" ....or say, oh that's just luck or coincidence, etc. The excuses and skepticism can continue for eons.

Assuming a causal relationship to everything with a demonstrated correlation is superstition.

That's an absolute statement, so your wrong at this point in time to say that. We don't have enough knowledge in this yet to say one way or the other. 150 years ago, a horseless carriage was considered "superstition," and now we all use combustion engines.

A black cat crossed my path, and a bus hit me. Correlation. Was there causation? Believe what you want, but I'm going to say the events weren't related.

You would say the events weren't related based on you're current relative view of reality. There are others who directly experience that everything effects everything else. Who's right? Who's relative?

Where things like The Secret (and other numerous similar strategies) get shortchanged is people believe they'll do something they just aren't going to do. And these anecdotal, if not apocryphal stories show up that seem to demonstrate a causal effect between really, really wanting to win the lottery and then it happening.

It's not about "wanting," but about believing you have already won it. In my experience it's legit.

Just for grins, what I'd like to see is substantive proof in advance of the event occurring that someone manifested something like a lottery hit. Not after the fact where someone hit for $112 mil THEN said, "I totally manifested that".

What is she getting out of telling everyone she used LOA to win the Lotto? It all depends on her motivation. I'm sure if it's legit, we'll find the receipt or library records of her getting these books, the vision board she drew, etc.

What does she benefit out of telling people she used LOA to win the lotto? She doesn't have any books to sell, no products, no anything.

Naturally, for it to be considered 'proof' (for me, anyway) it would have to be replicable.

IS losing your virginity replicable? Only happens 1 time and you experience it and know it directly, yet it cannot be replicated.

There are experiments in science, where the outcome is never the same, thus the only part that is replicable, is the different outcomes. They call these "anomalies", but some things, by their very nature, can never be replicated. Take existence. This single moment right now, is gone a second later. Can't be replicated, yet it existed.

The Secret is a good thing, for what it is. But it ain't gonna effect the laws of chance or physics.

Who says they effect the laws of chance or physics? Perhaps its the other way around. The Laws of Chance/Physics are not yet completely understood, therefore, those who successfully use LOA to manifest things are also not fully understood.

Considering the Observer effects reality, means we're on to something not fully understood yet. Did you read the random number generator article?

According to standard materialist science, the laws of chance are mathematically set in stone, and there shouldn't, or rather aren't any effects on the chances based on the Observer. Yet we have this:

During the late 1970s, Professor Jahn hauled strangers off the street and asked them to concentrate their minds on a number generator. In effect, he was asking them to try to make it flip more heads than tails. It was a preposterous idea at the time, and to many it still is.

The results, however, were stunning and have never been satisfactorily explained. Again and again, entirely ordinary people proved that their minds could influence the machines and produce significant fluctuations on the graph. According to all of the known laws of science, this should not have happened - but it did. And it kept on happening.

But those "Laws" of Physics/Chance say that for now this is an anomaly, when in reality, this should be part of the laws of chance and physics ...the observer effect.

Science is still in its infancy. It doesn;t yet know everything there is to know.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Why does everyone revert to "lottery"? As if that is the ONLY thing that gives money or fortune? Wealth can be expressed in happiness and not just of material things.

Because most people visualize money..... Duh.

You keep thinking that one single "Oh, I used the secret, and good things happened to me!" overturns the MILLIONS who have used the secret, that NOTHING good happens to.

You are taking *ONE DATA POINT* and twisting it into PROOF of your little "secret" when MOST people who use the "Secret" never encounter good fortune at all.....

You sound like a paid advertisement for the book.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I know the ''The Secret'', Great Marketing and Great Timing!

All this book encourages is Greed. Just my Opinion.

Tsom87

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What is she getting out of telling everyone she used LOA to win the Lotto? It all depends on her motivation. I'm sure if it's legit, we'll find the receipt or library records of her getting these books, the vision board she drew, etc.

What does she benefit out of telling people she used LOA to win the lotto? She doesn't have any books to sell, no products, no anything.

I've got to run, so I'll just respond to this.

I'm not saying she's a liar. She may very well be a LOA type and did the deal and hit. What you can't do is show that there was a causal relationship between what she did and the outcome.

There may very well be millions of people doing this. You only hear about the one who hit.

edit on 2/21/2013 by yeahright because: Formatting code

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Because most people visualize money..... Duh.

You keep thinking that one single "Oh, I used the secret, and good things happened to me!" overturns the MILLIONS who have used the secret, that NOTHING good happens to.

You are taking *ONE DATA POINT* and twisting it into PROOF of your little "secret" when MOST people who use the "Secret" never encounter good fortune at all.....

You sound like a paid advertisement for the book.

I used it to get the girl no one could get, to work with celebrities, to make nice amounts of $, and currently using it to get a nice amount of acreage in the appalachia mountains w/ orchards and gardens where I will live full time...which is currently being worked on.

The Secret ain't easy. First off you have to believe that you already have whatever you want. You have to 100% believe that.

Then the mind comes in and says, "You fool, this will never work. You're not good at anything, and this will never work." And so you have to drown out doubt and negativity within yourself.

Requires a very large amount of self discipline of the ego/mind, emotions, moodiness, etc.

How many people truly have these things down? Not many.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join