It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manmade chemicals cause more problems than they help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It seems that I am not the only one who thinks this way. I see many chemicals and additives that act as endocrine disruptors in our foods. Some research out to be good and the good outweighs the bad while others the bad severely outweighs the good. Endocrine disruptors can be put into food for one reason and they can cause an effect that can calm the masses as a hidden agenda. They can also cause temporary and permanent conditions that can keep the population down.

Here is an article from Yahoo that addresses this issue. It is put out by the U.N.. I see that even though they know populations need to be reduced they still want to let us know. All this expense from medical problems is causing countries to go broke from unnecessary expenses and it's citizens to suffer.

news.yahoo.com...

Some of the chemistry introduced is considered organic also and can work by different methods. This chemistry keeps us from reacting to foods so we won't get an imediate reaction to them. One of these things is Carrageen which kills Macrophages which keeps us from having a histamine reaction to the food. Macrophages are our first line of defense which also tags immunity to the T cells. Killing them lets the bacteria and other microbes go undetected in our bodies. There are other much safer creaming and smoothing agents out there that can be used instead of this one. We need our FDA to investigate these things instead of taking the insured word of the people selling these products.

Here is another interesting article. This addresses drugs effect on Mitochondria but some similar chemistry is in some food additives. It is important to understand that looking at ingredients listed without a knowledge of preparing things can make seemingly unharmful ingredients into harmful chemistry. It can work the other way also, poisons can be neutralized. psychrights.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

. It is important to understand that looking at ingredients listed without a knowledge of preparing things can make seemingly unharmful ingredients into harmful chemistry

It can also make unharmful ingredients sound harmful. For example, if someone goes by the rule that anything that ends in acid is harmful, well they're wrong. Citric acid is perfectly fine.

I think people should be wary of what's in their food. But you're setting them up to just look at the label, and not really look up the ingredients. My point is just because something has a name that sounds bad(pretty much all chemicals have chemically sounding names), doesn't mean it is. People need to look up the ingredients.

I disagree with your title though. Manmade chemicals have caused much more good than harm. Yes, it's easy to list some bad ones that harm some people. But I can list thousands of beneficial ones that have helped millions of people.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

. It is important to understand that looking at ingredients listed without a knowledge of preparing things can make seemingly unharmful ingredients into harmful chemistry

It can also make unharmful ingredients sound harmful. For example, if someone goes by the rule that anything that ends in acid is harmful, well they're wrong. Citric acid is perfectly fine.

I think people should be wary of what's in their food. But you're setting them up to just look at the label, and not really look up the ingredients. My point is just because something has a name that sounds bad(pretty much all chemicals have chemically sounding names), doesn't mean it is. People need to look up the ingredients.

I disagree with your title though. Manmade chemicals have caused much more good than harm. Yes, it's easy to list some bad ones that harm some people. But I can list thousands of beneficial ones that have helped millions of people.

Not all manmade chemicals are bad and used within moderation our body can positively utilize these. Not enough broad form testing is done on these though for interactions with other food chemistry. Too much change to fast is the problem, we should spread this out for many generations.

The chemicals used to keep foods from sprouting are sometimes natural. These chemicals added to the potato keeps it from sprouting and rotting. If a potato is planted it won't sprout or rot all summer. How can we digest this potato. The fertilizer on potatoes, 10/24/24 is not bad and it causes the potatoes to get big. The first few years the potatoes are nutritious but the fertilizer causes the crops to deplete the micronutrients out of the soil in a couple of years. Boron is one of these minerals that gets depleted, it is necessary for tears. dry eyes caused by bigger potatoes

We don't adequately study things, thinking bigger is better is a wrong philosophy. Looking at nutrition in an egg it can be seen. A small egg can be almost as nutritious as a big egg even though it is half the size. It takes a certain amount of nutrition to form a chicken. Size is often irrelevant. A small potato can be as nutritious as a large potato, it is more concentrated. We have to eat more starches to get the same nutrition which can make us fat. In the case of the potato there may be a relationship to the number of eyes and the nutritional value. I have used this for picking out potatoes for planting with good success.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There is a similar thread already so maybe the mods can remove this one. I tried researching in the search bar but that didn't work
They need to organize the search by most recent.

top topics

join