It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man-made chemicals cited in health scourges: UN report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, community gardens do exist already. I inquired about starting one last spring on a couple of vacant lots nearby.

i watched a video that the US government is making it difficult for farmers to use natural ways by questioning their 'safety' and imposing stricter laws to facilitate more control on food supply.
Is this true?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

i watched a video that the US government is making it difficult for farmers to use natural ways by questioning their 'safety' and imposing stricter laws to facilitate more control on food supply. Is this true?

I'm not a farmer, but I know there is pressure on local and family farmers to use "patented" seeds, and then they are not allowed to cultivate seeds from the crop grown by the 'patented' seeds. In other words.....
you buy my fish and it has babies? You can't breed the babies.

There have also been threatens to cut farmers' subsidies. It seems that the small farmers (even if they have 100s of acres in their family for generations)....are being disenfranchised, and the government is more pro- Corporate farms.

The "Corporate farms" are the worst offenders (as far as I know) for stinking feed lots, feeding animal waste to animals, using the 'patented seed' and even plowing UNDER crops that were sown from the seeds of their 'patented seed' products. It's insane.

All of this information comes from main-stream and a few alternative news sites (such as National Public Radio - a non-commercial and fairly well-balanced source, that many intellectuals listen to instead of "MSM"), however. I've no idea how much of it is spin or true or deception.

<< 1   >>

join