It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Love? Heres a video that shows you exactly what it is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What is love?

Thats the title of a short movie about Australian couple Bill and Glad Forward who have been married for 50 years this year.
The couple has spent most of their lives doing volunteer work with lepers and orphans in India and Romania.

Sadly in 05 Glad was diagnosed with Alzheimers and is no longer capable of caring for herself.

In many cases homes or hospitalisation are the options that are looked at when someone deteriorates this much and then when they are cared for at home you usually hear about how much of a burden it is.
Not for Bill, to hear this man talk about his wife is truly humbling.

So what is love? Watch the video to find out

Article

EDIT: The article does have the video but also has an annoying 30 sec ad before it, read the article but watch the clip via youtube

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sometimes a man needs a good cry, this was a great opportunity. It's healing. Thank you

Beautiful story, nuff said. S&F

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You big sissy!!!!!!!

Real men dont cry, especially not over girly stuff like this, the only time its acceptable for a man to cry is when his dog dies or his footy team loses the Grandfinal.

I definately didnt cry, I just had some dust in my eye that made it look like I was

EDIT: fine I admit it, I cried a bit too
edit on 19/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
You big sissy!!!!!!!

Real men dont cry, especially not over girly stuff like this, the only time its acceptable for a man to cry is when his dog dies or his footy team loses the Grandfinal.

I definately didnt cry, I just had some dust in my eye that made it look like I was

I have collective love for people in general, and I'm a sensitive empath. Sometimes the way I cleanse my emotional body is through crying. Btw, you are brainwashed my dear if your comment was not sarcastic.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

LOL sorry should have included a smiley face,

I also shed a tear or 2, its a beautiful story.
I went from feeling sad for the guy to being envious.

Apologies if I offended it was a bad attempt at humour

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by PurpleVortex

LOL sorry should have included a smiley face,

I also shed a tear or 2, its a beautiful story.
I went from feeling sad for the guy to being envious.

Apologies if I offended it was a bad attempt at humour

I was like
for a second, I wasn't sure if you where being sarcastic or not. No offense taken.

Although, I was surprised seeing such a comment coming from you. You are on my "nice people" list

On topic: It's such a heart-warming experience to be reminded from time to time that we can do good, we can dedicate our lives to the ones we love; we can care and love unconditionally. Love is ever present, ever glowing ready to flow and experience itself through the conduit of the human being.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is amazing. Such a beautiful video, thank you for sharing this.

I've seen first hand people building resentment against a person whom they've had to take care of in similar ways, but this is a beautiful show of love and loyalty.
"She has done so much for me over these many years, now she cant but I can and i can return her love and a love that means to me I can do everything for her"

Pass the cleanex!

join